Originally posted by zootm
Assuming you're asking about the thing he's talking about, the Media Library was changed from downloading a ZIP of the top 500 stations and doing a client-side search, to doing a server-side search through (and I have to say I don't get this bit of the implementation, although I guess it'd be easy to implement) an embedded HTML/AJAX search.
Client-side is obviously nippier but it's not a great technical solution, unfortunately.
I don't think AJAX is a very good solution. Besides ease of implementation, and scalability, it's really quite a poor solution. I got annoyed using the mentioned interface, and I didn't even want to find a station to listen to.
I think there are significantly better implementations which retain most of the important data client-side, while retaining the asynchronousness, and maintaining scalabilty. Consider, for example, that the often changing information (now playing, # of listeners) is generally the least important to search by (and could be updated as the list is displayed).