Winamp 5.24 Full emusic plus
Winamp 5.24 Pro
(asks for key during install)
Winamp 5.24 Lite
* Fixed: [in_midi] crash bug & potential security vulnerability (info
(Note: bug exists in all Winamp versions from 2.90 to 5.23)
Newer in_midi.dll now available. Fixes issue where some midi files didn't play.
* Improved: [gen_jumpex] jump-to-file speed improvements
* Fixed: playlist saving with network share files
* Fixed: Media Library preferences not loading in correct order
* Fixed: main window not hilited when restoring from minimized state in classic skin.
* Fixed: slow loading of playlists with URLs
* Fixed: CD burning using third party input plugins
* Fixed: classic skin winshade playlist time display
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Wasabi XML font-related fixes from Martin Poehlmann
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Map.getHeight() maki script function returning width instead
* Fixed: [gen_ff] winshade global hotkeys broken w/ modern skins
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Add to Queue' issues
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] NT4 incompatability
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] misc bug fixes
* Fixed: [gen_ml] icon changes on drag+drop items
* Fixed: [in_mp3] playback of AAC streams
* Fixed: [in_mp4] seek bug when using right arrow key
* Fixed: [in_wm] Playback restarts from beginning when editing tags of a currently playing .wma file
* Fixed: [in_wm] protocol/extension reversed in config > filetype > edit
* Fixed: [in_wm] 'Audio only' always checked for ASF/WMV in config
* Fixed: [in_wm] seek bug when using right arrow key
* Fixed: [ml_bookmarks] 'Edit Bookmarks' menu item not working when Media Library is hidden
* Fixed: [ml_local] crash while rearranging media library views
* Fixed: [ml_local] crash on close
* Fixed: [ml_local] sort arrow reversed in some columns
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Import Playlists uses containing dir for title instead of filename
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] No "Recurse" checkbox in Import Playlists From Folder
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Add Dir adds all filetypes (not just all-supported)
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] rt-click enqueue not working & other issues
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Not saving playlists in some situations
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] crash when loading badly formed WPL playlists
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] drag&drop into playlist not adding to correct position
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] root playlist screen not updating when adding new playlist
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] reverting changes on send-to: playlist
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Syncing duplicates finally fixed (thanks gordol)
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Removing items from a playlist not saving issue (thanks Nick)
* Fixed: [ml_wire] some podcasts only display one item
* Fixed: [pmp_ipod] Playlist sort now works again
* Fixed: [out_ds] stop with fade (shift+v) issue
* Updated: [in_cdda] CDDB 18.104.22.168
5.23 & 5.24 are essentially bugfix releases.
9th June: A bug has been found where using "Send To > Any stored ML Playlist" replaces files instead of enqueing them. A fixed ml_playlists.dll is available here
The installers have now been silently updated to include the above fix.
A new ml_disc.dll is also included which fixes a ripping bug
with m3u generation.
The installer and your winamp.exe version # should now be 22.214.171.1242
If you've still got 126.96.36.1999 from the 8th June then we recommended updating.
Note, the new builds do NOT include the latest dev version of JTFE
21st June 2004
5.24 released - winamp.exe = 188.8.131.523 | in_midi.dll updated
Everything else is exactly the same as 5.23
For info about the "green toolbars" and/or "image not found" issue with some 3rd-party modern skins, see here
Also refer to the Undocumented
section of the "5.22 Released" thread and the whole 5.23 Beta
thread for more info.
Also note the new item on Screen 6 of the installer options
"Get AOL Active Security Monitor - its FREE!" ;-)
Please do not post any issues in this thread which require Tech Support
(eg. unreproducable crashes, slow load times, strange error messages, etc).
Please post them in a new thread in the Tech Support forum,
and remember to include all relevant info.
Reproducable bugs should be posted in the Bug Reports forum, but be sure to read the stickys in there first and follow the guidelines/supply all the required info etc (ie. your report will be invalid otherwise).
Old Winamp 5.23 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.22 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.21 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.2 Released thread