Thanks Shane Hird
for this very nice plugin. It really puts the taste of album with the cover (and even more) to its MP3 copy.
I noticed that Toaster is consuming large amount of memory when there are more than one album cover picture in the folder.
Toaster: 0.7.7 (just upgraded from 0.7.4)
Winamp: 5.21 (just upgraded from 5.2)
For example, I have a folder with MP3 files (an album of Anita Lane) and the following pictures (album covers) located in it (with sizes in bytes):
booklet1.jpg ***9474; 285487
booklet2.jpg ***9474; 531279
booklet3.jpg ***9474; 693640
booklet4.jpg ***9474; 743375
booklet5.jpg ***9474; 985039
booklet6.jpg ***9474; 1065817
cover.jpg ***9474; 782131
front.jpg ***9474; 130455
inside.jpg ***9474; 727564
In Toaster options, the following path is set for folder images:
When I start playing an MP3 file from this folder, Toaster shows the popup whith front.jpg and all info. Everything is nice and looks as intended. But I just noted that the memory consumption of winamp.exe process jumps from 20Mb to 130Mb just at this momemnt. I experimented with disabling various plugins in Winamp and finally found that this huge memory leak is related to Toaster.
Here I provide the screenshot (138Kb, PNG)
. And here is what I've done,
using Process Explorer from sysinternals to monitor memory consumption of winamp.exe process (the lower graph in the bottom-left window):
1. started Winamp with empty playlist (private bytes memory of winamp.exe process - 20Mb)
2. added another mp3 album with no pictures in it's folder (Kitaro)
3. added the aforementioned mp3 album with covers into playlist (Anita Lane)
4. started playing track "09/11 Kitaro - Quasar" (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
5. stated playing track "1 - Anita Lane - Home is where the Hatred Is" (toast with front.jpg, 130Mb)
6. playback Kitaro track (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
7. remove booklet1.jpg from "Anita Lane" folder
8. playback Anita Lane track (toast with front.jpg, ~100Mb)
9. playback Kitaro track (toast with default goat image, 20Mb)
10. remove booklet2.jpg from "Anita Lane" folder
11. playback Anita Lane track (toaster with front.jpg, ~90Mb)
and so forth, playing track from folder whith no covers, removing the next image from folder, and againg playing track from folder with remaing covers. The peaks in memory consumption were steadily lowering.
So I suggest that Toaster tries to load into memory every image it finds while searching for cover image.
It would be nice not to allocate memory for every picture found in the folder, but only for pitcure selected to be shown in toast by path mask from options.
Furthermore, I guess this memory consumption of 130Mb-20Mb=110Mb is far too big for 9 JPG files of total size ~6Mb.
Memory consumption, as I found, is totally adequate when only 1 image is located in folder.
Please could you fix this memory consumption issue.
Thanks for your plugin!