Sorry about my bad english
I am a user of very big local network. Over 300 computers.
On each computer each user have a big music collection.
And so its too hard find music in this collections because it's unsorted and not "tagged".
Maybe it's good idea to make something like "Network Media Library" in Winamp ML?
Something like this:
- Each user have Winamp.
- Each user build his music library.(Maybe in XML). And over broadcast share it to others. Or do it for request of other user. When changes are affectd - resend data to othes.
- All xml data stored on each computer of network - then network is not strongly-loaded.
- Than when someone whant to seach music, he seach over this xml files. And when find - can download music or play directly from other computer.
- If some files are equivalent - than user can download from any location or from both.
- If some one already downloading file from target user you stay at queue. (something like in eMule).
I know that it is very similar to p2p network, but it usefull only in local net because use broadcast packets.
Thanks 4 all!