Old 22nd October 2007, 20:10   #1
dohboy

Pause and rewind live streams

I'm looking for a feature that will allow me to pause and rewind when I'm listening to live audio streams.

I listen to the Free XM radio channels via XM radio every day and sometimes in the middle of a really good song I need to pause and answer the phone, or use the lavatory, or something. It would be great if I could pause and it would act like my Comcast DVR at home where it buffers up the broadcast up to a certain point (like, say, an hour). With Comcast DVR I have a "Live" button that fastforwards me back to the live stream.

Other times I've wanted to rewind to hear a bit of dialogue I just missed, because some loud noise or other distraction caused me to miss part of the conversation. It would be great if I could rewind the stream to hear the bit I just missed. Again, I could then just skip forward to the Live stream once I was done.

I'm -NOT- looking for a way to rip a stream to disk, so please don't suggest that as a solution. I don't want the hassle of doing that. I'm not trying to record things I hear off the stream, I have no interest in setting up some complex solution just to hear a bit of dialog or song that just whizzed by. I just want to pause and resume without missing anything good and any hassle.

TIVO, Comcast, DirecTV and others all have this sort of functionality built into their home units. I can pause and rewind live TV without having to record the whole program. The whole world is doing this now, and it's time for WinAMP to do it too.

Thanks!
dohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist