Old 27th October 2007, 16:03   #1
Maxcim

Same visualization each time

Hy,

I want to set a milkdrop visualization as default.
So that if I restart winamp the same visualization wil start each time. Now milkdrop starts a different one each time i restart winamp, and i have to search the one i want with the arrows in the left bottom of the screen.

I use winamp 5.5

Thx,
Maxcim
Maxcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:29   #2
geiss
Nullsoft Visualization Developer

You can copy the preset of interest into its own directory, then hit 'L' and go to that directory and load the preset. The next time you start, it will load a random preset from that directory, and since there is only one file in it, it'll always be the one you want.

I know it's a hacky solution, but is that enough for you?

Does anyone out there actually have a need for being able to specify a specific preset at startup, *and* then also be able to have it automatically load other random presets after 20-30 seconds?
geiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 17:46   #3
Maxcim

Thx..
Maxcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2007, 17:49   #4
bobbyalex

Maybe I've misunderstood this post, but I have a related question-- it bothers me that visualizations constantly change at random. I'd like to see only one visualization, uninterruptedly. How can I stop the random transition from one visualization to another?

Also Winamp 5.5 (x86)

Thank you!

Bobby
bobbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2007, 02:06   #5
Le_Testeur

I would say put a 99999 seconde in the transition tab and make sure that hardcuts are disabled. Sounds easy but why not.

This said, to me, main interest are freaky transitions
Le_Testeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 02:56   #6
Clancy

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbyalex
Maybe I've misunderstood this post, but I have a related question-- it bothers me that visualizations constantly change at random. I'd like to see only one visualization, uninterruptedly. How can I stop the random transition from one visualization to another?

Also Winamp 5.5 (x86)

Thank you!

Bobby
There's 2 ways of toggling randomisation on / off. Either hit the scroll lock key or click on the button at the bottom of the visualisation window that says "Random". The light on the button will be on when randomisation is on...

To change presets when randomisation is off you need to click on the 'next' or 'previous' buttons next to the randomisation button.

Next time Milkdrop will start up with the randomisation option you had when it closed.
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 19:12   #7
GypsyJoe

i don't have ANY of those buttons at the bottom of my visuals window. NOT ONE!!! how do i find the "scroll lock" key? is it on my keyboard or on the media player?
GypsyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 20:18   #8
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Press F1 in the mildrop window for help.

The scroll lock key used to be on PC keyboards, somewhere top right, in a group of three together with the print and pause buttons. On notebook keyboards it does probably not exist. You might emulate it by entering an esc code combination - not sure. I remember a discussion in this forum on this issue, you may try a forum search. Or search the Internet how to emulate the scroll lock key. Or just plug in a standard keyboard. Good luck.
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Troubleshooting Forum