Old 15th March 2009, 04:09   #1
Streaming music via bluetooth

I have a new Sony stereo which is Bluetooth compatible. My plan is to pick up a USB Bluetooth adapter on Ebay, and I would like to be able to stream my music with Winamp. Is this possible? Also, the adapter I was looking at was this one: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...Category=44999
Would that work and do what I want it to do, or should I go for a slightly better one (That's a generic, no name thing from Hong Kong)? Thanks!
ALazyLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 04:53   #2
it has A2DP but no AVRCP, with AVRCP you can control devices that is if your stereo supports AVRCP. A2DP is what's needed to stream audio.
griffins_Grader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 06:55   #3
theoretically yes its possible... but:
1. the audio quality will be poor at best, bluetooth wasn't made for such a task.
2. it'll be unreliable as bluetooth wasn't invented for this task.
3. I don't know of any way you can output like that to a usb bluetooth dongle as it isn't a soundcard, it would have to be performed by some software that is probably not very well known... and thats if it exists at all.
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2009, 09:50   #4
With A2DP profile it will register as a soundcard in XP or >, that if both the stereo and dongle key connect. Truly if it goes beyond headphone the output is wacked.
griffins_Grader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2009, 13:07   #5
Go to Ebay and pick up a bluetooth dongle, one that is A2DP capable. It will then be registered as a soundcard in Windows.

Here's how mine is set up........My MP3 collection is stored on a drive (NAS) on my network. From Winamp installed on any of the PC's on my network I connect across the network to that drive and play the tunes from there.
From there I stream the audio via A2DP bluetooth to a bluetooth receiver that has an audio output and is connected to my home hi-fi.

To summarize......MP3's on network drive streamed to laptop & streamed via bluetooth from laptop to home hifi.

It's very reliable, and it's a whisker from CD quality.

IanJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support