Old 5th March 2008, 00:59   #1
DJCMusicGroup

Embed media player on website using an m3u extension.

Ok I know this is simple but still I need help.

Ok I have a website where I already have an embeded media player that autostarts.

So what I would like to do is use this url >> //76.xxx.xx.x:8000/mountpoint.m3u in the media player HTML on my website. So that when my page opens up the media player will simply autostart my live streaming winamp playlist.

I'm also not even sure if I'm using the correct extension.

I'm using Oddcast with Icecast.

I just need help finding out either the right extension that will work with an embeded media player that will autostart.

Or something isn't right with my Oddcast/Icecaset configuration.

If I'm in the wrong place please help guide me in the right direction.

Any help is gladly appreciated.
DJCMusicGroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 03:25   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
First let me say that there is absolutely no way to embed Winamp itself into a web page.

Now, that geing a "given"...

First, read this. JonnyMac links to several alternative methods there.

Next, let's look at a few things you said...
  1. You want M3U playlists to stream
  2. You want to "autostart" the stream
  3. You want to embed it into a web page and also have it autostart
Based on the above I think your best bet is to use the method I use exclusively throughout my site.

I'll quote from myself here from one of the links that JonnyMac referenced above...
My recommendation and what I use extensively throughout my site...
  • Refer to my article on How to stream music or audio from your website, using Media Player object and embed controls (for cross-browser compatability)
  • The cross-browser script will work perfectly and display and behave identically in all major browsers (eg: MSIE, Netscape/Mozilla, and Opera browsers)
  • Refer to the Multiple Track Stream Example I created, which also uses the object-n-embed code in the above article, in combination with a playlist menu in an iframe, where you can also choose and select from any individual track, in addition to streaming the entire playlist at once
  • This object-n-embed coding embeds player controls on a web page that contains buttons to play the next or previous song, and if using a multiple track/song playlist, it also has the ability to skip forward to the next track, as well as the ability to play short "clips" of each song/track.

OK, now to your wish for autostarting...

In the article I referenced above, toward the bottom of that article, under the "Cross-browser Media Player object/embed code" section, I also show how you can autostart the M3U playlist file.

There ya go! Problem sorted/solved!
Question answered!

* NOTE TO MODERATOR...

Can a mod please move this out of Winamp Tech Support to a more appropriate forum? Thanks!

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 03:28   #3
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

ADDENDUM:

DJCMusicGroup...

Although not what you asked for (that question/problem has already been solved), you may also be interested in this, so I figured I'd throw it in...

How to create an Automated Jukebox

Who knows? You may find use for that too.
Old 5th March 2008, 05:41   #4
DJCMusicGroup

Thanks for the response.

Ok let me first of explain a little further what I'm trying to do.

I fully understand the playlist and jukebox methods you provided. I'm not trying to embed Winamp. It's Media Player that I have embeded.

But what I'm trying to accomplish is Using winamp LIVE meaning I will be Dee jaying Live on winamp "selecting tracks LIVE". Secondly I would like to stream this audio LIVE with the help of the Icecast server and Oddcast plugin. I should be able to use the URL provided by Icecast to autostart it on my webpage using windows media player. Correct?

Pretty simple right, basically I'm using winamp as a live radio and then streaming it on my website using the embeded autostart windows media player. Because everyone has Media player.

So far I got Icecast and Oddcast fully recognizing each other. I made sure it was working by logging into Icecast and the connection is all OK.

The problem I'm having is either my port isn't set correct but my media player must have the incorrect url.

I used this //76.xxx.x.xx:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3 and this //76.xxx.x.xx:8000/DJCRADIO.m3u and the media player can't open the url.

I checked the mountpoint and it's correct.

I'm having so much trouble finding the correct Icecast URL to put in the media player.

Here's the Media player Tag.

<OBJECT ID="MediaPlayer1" CLASSID="CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab# Version=5,1,52,701" STANDBY="Loading Microsoft Windows® Media Player components..." TYPE="application/x-oleobject" width="220" height="55">
<param name="fileName" value="http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3">
<param name="animationatStart" value="true">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true">
<PARAM name="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false">
<param name="transparentatStart" value="true">
<param name="autoStart" value="true">
<param name="showControls" value="true">
<param name="Volume" value="-300">
<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/" src="http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3" name="MediaPlayer1" width=220 height=55 autostart=1 showcontrols=1 ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="1" ShowDisplay="1" volume=-300>
</OBJECT>

I think my main problem is having media player recognize Icecast.

Yea that's it, I need the media player to see the Icecast extension so that it'll play LIVE on my website.

lol It sounds so simple but so hard to accomplish. Well for me.

Last edited by DJCMusicGroup; 5th March 2008 at 06:18.
Old 5th March 2008, 13:08   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

//76.xxx.x.xx:8000/DJCRADIO.m3u

See above? Not a valid URL. I can't test it for you or show you working code without a valid URL.

[edit > JonnyMac] Moved as requested to General Discussions. Apparently this not SHOUTcast related, despite this being related to internet radio. | Hello Nunzio [/edit]
Old 5th March 2008, 15:59   #6
DJCMusicGroup

http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3 Or
http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.m3u
Old 5th March 2008, 16:03   #7
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

OK. You supplied this...
http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3

But that is the MP3 file itself. For streaming purposes, what is the name of the M3U file that contains the above info? That is what's needed in the code - the M3U file itself (I also indicate this info in my article I linked to above).

[EDIT]

Aaach! You edited your post and supplied the M3U link above after I submitted my reply...

http://76.109.1.50:8000/DJCRADIO.m3u

But I am unable to connect to the host server at present, so there is no way for me to test right now, and to supply the needed code.
Old 5th March 2008, 16:15   #8
DJCMusicGroup

EDIT:

Give me a minute to change it to the .m3u extension and try again.

When I change them to this http://localhost:8000/DJCRADIO.mp3 they work.

I was told to leave it localhost as a hostname in the icecast config.

and the Oddcast server IP is also localhost.

But I was told to use my IP instead of local host only in the URL. So I'm confused should I change the host name and server IP to my IP address 76.xx.xxx.xx????
Old 5th March 2008, 16:31   #9
DJCMusicGroup

EDIT: OK I changed it to .m3u in the media player TAG.
Still it doesn't work. Media player fails to open the link.

Yea I read in your tutorial on using the m3u extension for playlist listeners. but I thought that was for manually listed playlist saved on the website server then with the m3u extension will link it to the mp3's saved that were manually listed. I can't imagine manually listing each song that will be played on my playlist that will take forever like I got over 100 beats and songs.

I just don't get it why this will apply to me. My playlist is live on Winamp it's constantly changing on the fly.

Unless I'm not quite understanding this m3u extension??
Old 6th March 2008, 17:26   #10
DJCMusicGroup

Anyone here understand what I'm trying to do. If so
I would really appreciate if you could provide me step by step instructions..

Thanks
Old 6th March 2008, 22:58   #11
DJCMusicGroup

I got it fixed.
Old 6th April 2008, 07:53   #12
frostystart

I GOT IT FIXED?

Well its like reading a book and someone tears the last page out?? Do you think it could help others by saying how you "got it fixed"?

Thanks
frostystart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 09:20   #13
pehden

Send a message via AIM to pehden Send a message via Yahoo to pehden
Lol

I think there issue was that there url was still setting local host or there router was blocking the port. to the internet so visitors couldn't connect to the actual media.
pehden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 22:03   #14
rockin batman

help me

ok so i got everything i need but im lost like the post above. i cant figure out how you got your media player to open and play the music on your site. so if by any chance you can let me know something it would be great! I use a program called SAM BROADCASTER 4 for auto DJ'ing. Im wondering if someone can explain in dumb terms (lol) how to get it set up where media player can play on the site. i have the media player on the site but nothings playing. so there for its not knowing the fact that its coming from icecast. something is either blocked or a bad code was put in. i dont know how to write the embed codes so if by chance someone can help out that would be great. any more info i need to add please let me know.

thanks,
chris

Last edited by rockin batman; 25th June 2011 at 22:10. Reason: not enough information
rockin batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 19:00   #15
winmanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCMusicGroup View Post
Thanks !
but i can't connect it ?
winmanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions