Old 5th March 2008, 23:46   #1
OceanSide08

Realtek HD Audio - Microphone Output MISSING

Ok I just installed the newest Realtek HD Audio drivers for windows xp and when I go into the mixer Microphone Output is MISSING! I need this in order to broadcast both my voice and music when DJ'ing on Shoutcast radio...

Does anyone know how to get Microphone output/playback to show in the mixer? Here are some screen shots of what I'm talking about. Please! I'm counting on you tech dudes!

And yeah I "can" mess with the microphones recording volume but you see... I need the microphone playback there so that I can broadcast both my voice and music when recording with "What You Hear".

OceanSide08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 00:09   #2
fc*uk

Thats because it is for playback/output. See below....

fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 00:10   #3
OceanSide08

nobody has a clue on how to fix this?
Old 6th March 2008, 00:44   #4
fc*uk

you need to select the hd audio input as opposed to the output as the picture I posted shows.
Old 6th March 2008, 00:55   #5
OceanSide08

Ok then if I can only set the microphone volume in INPUT then how would I beable to broadcast both my music and voice???

From my knowledge you have to be able to have microphone output capabilities. Microphone input sounds like all its good for is "recording".

I don't want to record I want to stream both my music AND voice LIVE when broadcasting.

So any ideas?
Old 6th March 2008, 00:58   #6
Tom

You need to select Stereo Mix in your Record panel. See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2311669851_36a22365eb_o.png (114.5 KB, 3954 views)

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 01:55   #7
OceanSide08

Ok I did that. Now how do I get both my voice and music to stream over the broadcast? ATM doing everything you've said I'm only getting the music to stream and not the voice...
Old 6th March 2008, 06:08   #8
Nick@ss

is this vista?

the other way to do this is with an external mixer or get a better soundcard.

i see you have posted in many places regarding this,

on board cards are generally bottom of the crap heap.

Tom has posted the best way to do this therefore if it is not working i suggest you invest in a new card as yours clearly doesnt do what you want if it is configured correctly.

asking in multiple forums wont get it it going
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 07:22   #9
OceanSide08

Yep I've come to the conclusion that this card just must not be able to support Microphone output through speakers. It can record just fine but there is absolutely no way I can mix both voice and music through my speakers at the same time.

I may just in up investing in this Audigy laptop sound card.
Old 6th March 2008, 22:54   #10
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by OceanSide08
Ok then if I can only set the microphone volume in INPUT then how would I beable to broadcast both my music and voice???

From my knowledge you have to be able to have microphone output capabilities. Microphone input sounds like all its good for is "recording".

I don't want to record I want to stream both my music AND voice LIVE when broadcasting.

So any ideas?
If I understand this correctly, then that would mean that I could never use Skype on that card because I need to listen and have sound in at the same time. Skype is, infact, the only reason why I even bothered to install the drivers for the onboard sound card ... its a full duplex chip not half so it can send data both ways at the same time.
Old 7th March 2008, 01:15   #11
OceanSide08

Then can you please tell me what settings you have put in to be able to stream both your voice AND music at the same time? thanks.
Old 15th March 2008, 11:28   #12
b3nc3

Quote:
Originally posted by OceanSide08
Then can you please tell me what settings you have put in to be able to stream both your voice AND music at the same time? thanks.
As I wrote in another forum, I've got the same problem as you, so I'm curius what's the solution... By the way, I've got an Acer Aspire 5315 notebook with Realtek HD audio soundcard.
b3nc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 09:29   #13
gigiQQ

I had the same problem with my built-in sound card. It seems that this happens to me with the high def drivers, while with an older soundcard i had it did the job without setting anything at all(with AC '97 drivers)
I suggest you read the steps given in the drivers manual - I post below, hope it works.
How to Set Up Multi-Streaming Playback
Example: MSN or Skype talk with friends while CD is still in play in PC.
Before set up, please make sure the playback devices are well plugged in the jacks.
i. Enable playback multi-streaming (Mixer > Tool > Check “Enable playback
multi-streaming”)
ii. Check the item “Update Playback Device Automatically” (Mixer > Tool >í³† Check
“Update Playback Device Automatically”)
iii. At Mixer page, choose " Realtek HD Audio Rear Output"
iv. Launch Media player to play CD. At this moment, CD will be played back from
back-panel.
v. Go back to "Mixer" page, to choose "Realtek HD Audio Front Output".
vi. Turn on Skype or MSN audio to do "audio" chat with friends. At this moment, you
will be able to hear your friends' talk from front panel output (say, via headphone),
while music (back-panel) is still in play.
vii. At the end, you should hear 2 different sound playback simultaneously without
interference.
How to Do Recording
I. Audio input source selection
At recording section of the Mixer tab, select the following audio source from the drop down
list,
* Mic in / Line in
* Realtek HD Audio Digital In (i.e. S/PDIF in)
In the case that Mic in / Line in is being selected, you have following audio channels to be
recorded.
gigiQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 13:56   #14
rickiiiiiii

REALTEK- NO INPUT FOR MICROPHONE!!

HIII.... can someone please help me... because i am going outtt my mind!!!!!!

okaii, heres the thing... i have a built in microphone on my lap top...but i dun wanna use it cuz i wanna use my external mic to record some vocals.. but thing is, when i plug my external mic into the socket.. it says it connected but it still records threw the built in lap top microphone... and i dont want that?.. there is no option to switch between tha tooo? how do i fix this ? i just wanna record with an external mic to get good quality vocals? but it isnt working

how come there isnt any input to use an external mic?
or am i just really dumb and its simple...? pleaseeeeee some one help meeeee.
rickiiiiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 15:34   #15
networknova

Send a message via Yahoo to networknova
have you tried the "record" settings? or maybe the "microphone" tab? I have attached 2 image files to illustrate
Attached Files
File Type: zip sc_images.zip (78.2 KB, 1104 views)
networknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2008, 08:16   #16
rickiiiiiii

??? there is no drop down menu for the mic... it only
has:

Noise Supperssion
Acoustic Echo Cancellation

but no drop down menu for the microphone...

do i need too update the drivers ???
its soo craziii? i cnt believe i can't work it lollll
i've been dying to record me singing.. and i cnt do it lolz...
please help yeh????? me sooooo sad...
rickiiiiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 17:45   #17
networknova

im really not sure, I guess you will have to contact the soundcard manufacturer. or if your very determined, dissassemble the laptop and remove/disconnect the internal mic. i recommend you have alot of experience before attempting such a thing I know some like to plug a full mixing board into the computer which has the audio stream pre-mixed with the music and/or voice overs,effects,ect...
Old 17th July 2008, 03:10   #18
fateswebb

Yah, I had 2 computers doing this, on pc I built, and one acer aspire 5290 or something like that... I fixed the pc, but have yet to find a fix for the acer. They both have realtek hd cards, the pc was easy to fix by installing the realtek vista r198 drivers codec package. I am still trying to fix the acer.

under playback devices, you have speakers and headphones... under speakers you have levels, and on that tab you are supposed to have a level for microphone, and one for line in. which they are missing still on the acer, but showed up on the computer after the r198 drivers...

There is a workaround on the laptop, but it suffers a tiny delay..

That is install audacity (free), and use its passthrough feature.

I am really wanting this fixed bad!! this is messing up my audio setup.

FW
fateswebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 10:56   #19
arrwinter

okay, man, this topic makes me register to post my reply 'cause I'm also very interested in it.
what ocean08 says is completely wrong, 'cause I've also been having this problem for a long time.
As my work involved using my laptop a lot, I know it quite well, so when I was searching for an explanation of that microphone output missing in vain, I know something was wrong, I know that what I was facing isn't because I didn't know how, it's simply because it's a mistake of the soundcard.
I was completely dissapointed, tired, angry, fed up with searching for that thing. You know, I've been playing the electric guitar, and I need that microphone output to practice, without it you still can record your song, but extremely hard to practice the guitar (I just have enough money for my guitar and my distortion).
I think the maker of my soundcard must be way stupid, they leave out a neccessary thing which isn't hard to set up.
It gives me a bad feeling of realtek and Asus Travelmate laptop series.
I won't buy this thing next time.
I'm searching for some software which can replace my microphone output but it seems to be pointless too as people all have that feature.
Sorry if I have a bad English, I'm not an english speaker
thanks for all!
arrwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 10:57   #20
arrwinter

sorry I have a mistake, "what ocean08 says is completely right" lol ) a big mistake
arrwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 16:31   #21
networknova

I did however notice, this was only a problem with my laptop realtech card, not my towers. also my laptop runs vista while the others have xp pro... perhaps its an issue with the vista drivers and not the card itself
Old 21st May 2009, 19:07   #22
alpia

When you plug the microphone at the back panel (in the known pink jack)and want to hear what you are recording then you adjust the Rear Pink In option and if you plug it at the front panel then you select the Front Pink In option.
alpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 13:42   #23
egon_freeman

Quote:
Originally posted by alpia
When you plug the microphone at the back panel (in the known pink jack)and want to hear what you are recording then you adjust the Rear Pink In option and if you plug it at the front panel then you select the Front Pink In option.
Hallelujah. I found this topic and was getting ready to write a similar thing after a few messages

But the original problem is somewhat unsolved: Shoutcast DSP Plugin for WinAMP *will not* recognize 'Rear Pink-in' as a proper microphone. I mean, it will record fine, sure - but it won't adjust it. (as in: you hit 'Push to speak', Wave-out volume is lowered, and microphone named 'Rear Pink-in'... just stands there ;P)

Is there any way to make them work together?
egon_freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 07:51   #24
egon_freeman

Oh, and by the way - I've written a small mixer application that works "almost" like the Shoutcast Source DSP plug-in (you still need it to broadcast, of course).

The program features all four sliders for regulating volume, and a push-button to start and stop talking (doesn't stick though, so click-to-start and click-to-stop). The main difference is - it lists all devices in the system, and all playback pins (with volume regulation) they have, and allow the user to choose which one he wants for music, and which one for microphone input.

Procedure: select the pin, click on Lock ('Zablokuj', EN version coming soon). Repeat for second source. Once both are Locked, the regulation and talk-button become active, and the program is in control of the mixer(s).

This also allows to regulate two inputs from SEPARATE sound cards, so if that's what You need, there it is!

For now the app doesn't remember its settings, but I plan to expand on that (remember selected devices, slider settings etc.).

For now, the download link is http://DevTEAMSoft.pl/CustomMixer.zip (about 677KiB).

If You find it useful, reply in this thread. I'm absolutely positive that it works - both for me, and for my friend that has a Realtek HD Audio card and now can freely select 'Rear Pink In' as the second source

I've also completed a new version of the .dll I'm using to handle more than two mixers at a time (the first version was really nothing more than a hack, to be honest), so if there's a need to somehow volume-mix more than one output, I'm listening... ;-)

Last edited by egon_freeman; 1st August 2009 at 08:45.
egon_freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support