Old 24th March 2009, 09:36   #1
Keal

NullSoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.1 - Bugs

WinAMP 5.551 / NullSoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.1
Region: North America, English
Hewlett-Packard "Compaq Presario" R4025US, AMD Single-Core Athlon64, 2.75GB DDR-1
Compaq/Hewlett-Packard Win32 XP Home SP2, Upgraded to: Win32 XP Home 5.1 Build 2600 (SP3)
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
------
NullSoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.1 BUG - Recursive tags when broadcasting feedback of own DNAS stream
When purposely playing one's own stream output in order to produce feedback, WinAMP recursively appends the tags sent back by the DNAS.
WinAMP should ignore tagging when feed-backing one of the streams it is currently broadcasting.
Otherwise, WinAMP ends up repeatedly sending the identical tags at a rapid rate, over-and-over, causing royalty/fines chaos.
---
1. Confiure DNAS to append station identity to tags.
2. Open WinAMP 5.551
3. Configure Encoder.
4. Configure Output
5. Broadcast to own DNAS
6. Play a track with id3 tags.
7. Play own DNAS as current track.
8. id3's will recurse endlessly and rebroadcast the same track info within per feedback loop.
------
NullSoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.1 BUG - WinAMP broadcasts tags of tracks not currently being played
In 5.551 when the deejay is broadcasting a stream, if the last track in the playlist has been played and playback ceases due to not being in loop nor shuffle, once that track is deleted from the playlist and the songs are still in the same order in the playlist, WinAMP will falsely send the tags of the resulting last song in the playlist, even when not-nor-intended-to-be played.
This may result in royalty/fines chaos due to repeatedly sending the same tags with the deejay entirely unaware of this behavior.
WinAMP should not update the tags in the broadcast until the track with the tags begins playing.
---
1. Open WinAMP.5.551
2. Configure Encoder.
3. Configure Output
4. Broadcast to a DNAS
5. Load playlist of 4 or more multiple tracks.
6. Turn SHUFFLE and LOOP off.
7. Play starting at second to last track.
8. When playlist ends, delete last two tracks from playlist.
9. id3 of new last track in playlist will broadcast despite not being currently played.
------
NullSoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v1.9.1 BUG - WinAMP does not store encoder codec settings between sessions
WinAMP has ceased to store encoder codec settings between sessions.
WinAMP should remember each encoder's codec.
---
1. Open WinAMP 5.551
2. Configure Encoder 1 Codec to "MP3 / 44100Hz / 96kbps / Stereo"
3. Close WinAMP
4. Open WinAMP
5. Encoder 1 has reset to default.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:05   #2
caraoge

Are u running Winamp with administrative privileges?
If not, the encoder settings won`t get saved!
Old 17th April 2009, 18:43   #3
gimp_radio

Does anyone here realize that running winamp with administrative privledges does not make a single bit of difference? The simple fact remains unless you choose AAC as your encoder(the default one) the bitrate AND encoder type will not save. According to the original post of this thread it's contrary to popular belief that this is strictly a vista bug as the original poster is running xp...man I can't wait till shoutcast source v2 that's all I gotta say

P.S keal PM me dude, I have a strange feeling we know eachother
Old 17th April 2009, 23:10   #4
fc*uk

yes, we are aware of the fact that this is somewhat of a known bug.
Old 18th April 2009, 04:15   #5
gimp_radio

that's kewl man I had doubts since the only posts I could find as far as the encoder bug are from ppl who just got flamed for using vista, as if that was the issue. After finding this thread I can assume atleast one person is having a "non vista" problem...for the record I am running vista but it's nice to know that the bug isn't OS specific. That's all I got to say about it...can't wait for version 2
Old 18th April 2009, 12:52   #6
fc*uk

The fix to this now is to use sc_trans beta 2, which might be a good idea for everyone to start using anyway ....
Old 19th April 2009, 06:36   #7
Jkey
Forum King

Im still waiting for news on a dsp fix,its a simple fix but the sc team are very busy,so sc_trans 2.0 as stated above is the way to go.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Old 19th April 2009, 08:01   #8
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
If you cant figure out SC_trans...

The other option is edcast /w winamp. Made by oddsock and its free. I love oddsocks stuff. About as easy to setup /w winamp as the shoutcast DSP. I DO NOT recommend their transcoder, even I am having issues eith it.

Heres how to get it, and get it streaming in MP3

First step: Go to www.oddsock.org,

Step 2: select the winamp plugin. and download this.

Step3: Go along with the installation, and install these files ESPECIALLY MP3 LAME. Better to have them than not. DO NOT worry about AAC encoders for now.

Step 4: During the installation, its going to redirect you to a site. Select mp3 bundles.

Then select this packet. Download it.

Step 5: open up that file you just downloaded, and take out this file.

Step 6: Where ever winamp is in your computer, drop this file in it.

Step 7: Start up winamp and drop this bar down to select preferences

Step 8: Select DSP on the leftside, and double click edcast.

Now you just need the encoder settings. If you transferred your Mp3 Lame Codec properly, you should see " MP3 Lame" as an option when you select "add encoder" as a file type.

Keep in mind your using Shoutcast servers, so leave the mountpoint blank.

Last edited by Brutish Sailor; 19th April 2009 at 08:23.
Old 19th April 2009, 09:10   #9
Jkey
Forum King

The problem is like with the dsp eventially edcast wont support the new shoutcast protocol,so a few months down the line your going to be stuck with software that no longer works.

Sc_tans 2.0 (which already supports sc2)is the way to go,if you dont know how to use it now would be the time to learn.You dont want to awake one morning to find you dont have the knowledge to stream shoutcast anymore.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Old 16th September 2009, 22:35   #10
Korotz

Is there a way to fix the last bug in the firs post?
Old 26th January 2010, 22:26   #11
melodian98

More on SC source not saving settings

Been following this thread for awhile, seems like there's no definite answer yet. I'm having the same problem of sc source "forgetting" its encoder settings between runs, here's my 2 cents worth: first of all, it doesn't matter whether I am admin or not. Tried it both ways, results are the same. (My "default user" has admin privelages anyhow.) I've checked the .ini files between runs, and the settings are correctly shown, so it does not appear to be a problem of insufficient privileges to write the file. As best as I can tell at the moment, the problem has *something* to do with the enc_aacplus.dll codec. Here's my reproduceable steps:

1. Removed enc_aacplus.dll (physically moved the file to a temp directory).

2. Start winamp with sc plugin enabled. All five encoders are shown as "none".

3. Set encoder #1 to type mp3 at 128 kpbs 44100 hz stereo. Close WinAmp.

4. Restart winamp, encoder #1 has retained settings as expected. Change to any other mp3 bitrate (160 kpbs for example) and setting remains "sticky" when winamp closed and restarted.

5. Closed winamp, moved aac-plus codec back into \program files\winamp\plugins. Now when winamp is restarted, encoder #1 has changed from mp3 (its last setting) to AAC+ at 48 kbps. No matter what this is changed to during this session, when I close winamp and restart it the codec type defaults back to AAC+ at 48 kbps.

6. Tried setting both codec #1 and codec #2 to mp3. When closed and restarted, both show aac+ at 48 kpbs.

7. Set codec #1 for mp3 and codec #2 for AAC+ at 32 kbps. When closed and restarted, #1 has reverted back to AAC+ at 48 kbps. #2 is still aac+ as set, but has retained 32 kbps bitrate setting.

I can't explain this. I don't know if it's the aacplus codec specifically causing the problem, or if *any* secondary encoder in the plugin dir would cause the same behavior. However, I'd be curious to see if anyone else who is having this problem with "non-sticky" settings could try to replicate the steps above and see if your results are the same. Perhaps this would give the programmers a clue as to how to fix this bug once and for all. Thanks.

update: I've found a newer version of the aacplus codec, dated 11/21/08. Same results.

------------
A few specs on my system:

AMD Athlon CPU @ 1.6 ghz
512 mB RAM
Windows XP SP2 (clean install for this test, no antivirus, bare minimum of background processes running)
Winamp 5.35 (have tried several versions, same results)
Shoutcast source 1.9.1
enc_aacplus.dll dated 9/26/06

Last edited by melodian98; 27th January 2010 at 01:22.
Old 27th January 2010, 06:14   #12
Nick@ss

This was posted last week and may help you,

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....postid=2621852
Old 29th January 2010, 04:42   #13
melodian98

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply. I looked at that thread, and it verifies what I found: as long as enc_aacplus.dll isn't in the plugins dir, the settings are remembered. My problem is that I *need* it as I'm encoding two streams: one at 128K mp3 for broadband and a 32K aac+ for dialup folks (yeah, there's still some of them around). I've tried editing the ini as suggested but it still defaults back to AAC 48K at startup.

I realize it only takes a few extra clicks each time I start to work around this, but it's still really annoying. Anything else you might suggest, or am I just out of luck for now? Thanks.
Old 29th January 2010, 06:02   #14
Nick@ss

I will have a look over the weekend and see if i can get it configured.

If you have the ini edited and a pre written bitrate it seems to go back to mp3 as long as the aac is missing

i know what you mean because if you dont remember to set it every time and its a pain in the ass.

i think as you need the aac file then it will still cause you a ball ache.
Old 6th February 2010, 02:18   #15
melodian98

Heh, yeah ... I got tired of both my ass AND balls aching so I've thrown in the towel on this for now and gone back to using the source dsp v1.9.0. It remembers settings regardless of what plugins are present, so this is apparently something that broke in 1.9.1. I'm also having some unrelated stability issues (i.e., random winamp lockups/freezes while streaming) so this will also test to see if the dsp has anything to do with that. Anybody have any idea when/if a ver 2.0 of shoutcast source will be released? I've played with sc_trans some but didn't have much luck with it. Thanks for your help.

PS: I've also tried Edcast and it seems to work pretty well too.
Old 21st April 2010, 06:28   #16
otisore

i've spent countless hours trying to resolve the problem with winamp freezing (not responding) while using the DSP plug-in. i have given up...there isn't a solution and nobody seems to be concerned about helping. i tried installing edcast on a brand new netbook running windows 7, but for some reason it didn't work. however, after installing it on my laptop running vista everything is wonderful and working perfectly. i can't seem to find a straightforward explanation of how to use the new SC_trans, but i'm going to give my brain a rest for a while before i start diving into this again because i'm just worn out.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:50   #17
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
Winamp freezing? is the CPU spiking?

I would check this first...

Last edited by Brutish Sailor; 22nd April 2010 at 17:28.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:33   #18
kuzla

I have the same problem... CPU not spiking since the only thing running on this computer is WINAMP.
Old 15th January 2011, 18:15   #19
hedryk

hi hellp my
Old 17th January 2011, 09:44   #20
DrO
Winamp Team

hedryk: upgrade to the current version of the DSP (v2.1.1 at the time of this reply) as that should resolve most of the lockup issues.

-----------------------------------------------

closing this thread now since it's relating to an unsupported version of the DSP plug-in and any bugs which are still present with the DSP (some i think i've already fixed from this thread) can then be posted in the DSP release thread from the relevant sticky threads.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support