Old 16th June 2010, 06:56   #1
theboopster78

HELP!! Trying to rip karaoke CD +G into winamp!!

Someone PLZ HELP! I am totally new in this forum, and with Winamp. I am not real good in the technical department...ok, honestly, I am NO good! But I can follow directions. My bro in law installed Winamp for me as well as the cd+g plug in; to allow me to step up my karaoke experience. However, he is no longer available to assist me. I have many karaoke cds with songs I can not find online to download. I have tried to rip these cds into my winamp files - NO SUCCESS! The cds will not even PLAY in winamp. What am I doing wrong? Or what am I missing in order to at least play these though winamp? I would much rather be able to rip them but would be satsified at this frustrating point to just be able to play them and see the lyrics. I have a HUGE party coming up in 2 weeks and need to have this all figured out by then! Your help is much appreciated! THANKS!!
theboopster78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 07:55   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Well, the problem is that Winamp has no native CD+G support. You're using a third party plugin. CD ripping only works with input plugins, which natively support the cd ripping API.

I guess the karaoke cd input plugin you're using is pretty old and doesn't work good with newer Winamp versions. So neither ripping, nor playback works.

Sadly I'm not aware about any up to date input plugin for karaoke cds. So has someone else maybe a tip?

CD+G cds are playable directly too. So if you remove the 3rd party CD+G plugin and use 'Nullsoft CD plugin' instead, you should be able to play the cd and ripping of the audio tracks should work as well then. But you won't see the other features of Karaoke Cds, like the graphics, though.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 00:07   #3
toqer
Winamp's Little Stalker
(Member)

Autokdj gives winamp pretty good mp3+g playback capabilities. It contains the following yummy list of plugins. -- www.autokdj.com

Phy Systeme CDG render -- lyric display
Autokdj -
Dro's Playlist file deleter -- deletes played playlist entries
pacemaker - pitch shifting

And a bunch more I'm probably forgetting at this moment. What did you use to rip your CDG disks?
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support