Old 12th August 2010, 01:05   #1
Frinkets

Can't Click on "Audio" or any Songs

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and I'm thinking it's Window 7 or something, but I can't click on Audio or on artists or albums. Although I can click on the playlists and other stuff such as File/Edit/View etc.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times and the same problem is there.

The laptop is a Dell Studio XPS 16 with:

- Windows 7 64 Bit
- Intel Core i7 CPU Q70 @1.60 GHZ
- 6 GB of RAM

Thanks!
Frinkets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 03:02   #2
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
sounds like you dont have enough priveledges on windows 7 (down fall of home premium version)
see if running windows as administrator helps
to do a first time run right click the winamp icon and click run as administrator in that menu
if the issue still continues it will mean windows or something else is blocking your access to winamp

also 64bit support for winamp is still work in progress so this maybe a contributing factor to the issue, if it is see if you can run winamp as 32bit program (will have to change the compatibility settings)

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 03:12   #3
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Any 32Bit program under an 64Bit OS will be automatically handled as 32Bit program.

Whatever the issue here is, it's independent from a missing, native 64Bit Winamp version.

Frinkets:

Post more infos and a list of your installed plugins
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 00:25   #4
Jarrath

Fixed

I have been having the same problem for a while, couldn't find any answers on here so when I fixed it for myself I thought I would sign up and post what fixed it for me.

It ended up not being anything to do with 64bit as far as I can tell. More to do with having a 50" plasma as my monitor and having windows DPI scaling on.

Right click on winamp.exe, then properties, then compatibility, then check "disable display scaling on high dpi settings".

Hope this fixes your guys problems too, what a pain it was!!!
Jarrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 03:26   #5
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
yeah sounds like the display had something to do with it

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
robdog2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 17:17   #6
mcmc1313

Thanks Jarrath

I have had this same problem on my 46 inch LCD and was about to give up on Winamp! I had posted this problem a while back also without a solution.

thanks a lot for the solution. it worked for me .
mcmc1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 11:53   #7
delfincek

Hiya,

thanks, robdog2004's solution also worked for me as I was unable to click certain part inside the WinAmp. been dealing with this problem for 2 years already.

best, d.
delfincek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 15:23   #8
username132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrath View Post
Right click on winamp.exe, then properties, then compatibility, then check "disable display scaling on high dpi settings".

Hope this fixes your guys problems too, what a pain it was!!!
This fixed it for me. I have no idea how you worked out the cause.
username132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 15:38   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
good spot, but seems counter intuitive... wouldn't you want to enable display scaling if using a big tv?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 04:04   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
good spot, but seems counter intuitive... wouldn't you want to enable display scaling if using a big tv?
Not necessarily. All apps expect a certain relationship between the x,y coordinates of the mouse pointer and the coordinates of graphical elements they display. When an independent app (or the OS) re-sizes the graphical elements and the originating app either does not know or is not able to adjust, then the expected correlation between the mouse pointer position and the graphical elements are throw off.

So, when transferring from the little screen to a big screen and mouse clicks are not recognized, stuff like this is the first thing to check.

There is (or was) disagreement on who's job it is to maintain the relationships, the originating app or the app that changed things. Some apps are designed for big screen display and some can adjust, Winamp, it seems, is currently not in either group.

Scaling misalignment can also happen on the small screen when people re-size the elements larger than normal for the selected display resolution in order to help them see things better.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 16:32   #11
notoneofus

Jarrath, your a genius. Thank you!!!
notoneofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
can't click, clicking problems