Old 8th October 2010, 14:48   #1
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Winamp 5.59 Public Beta

Winamp 5.59 Beta, Build 3033

Winamp 5.59 Beta Full (Multi-national installer)*
Winamp 5.59 Beta Full (US English-only installer)
Winamp 5.59 Beta Pro (Multi-national installer, asks for key during install)*
Winamp 5.59 Beta Pro (US English version, asks for key during install)
Winamp 5.59 Beta Lite (basic 2.x-style mp3/cd player)
* (French, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Portuguese & Romanian)

Winamp 5.59
* New: [pmp_wifi] Android Wi-Fi support
* New: Direct mouse wheel support
* Improved: Redesigned Devices/Portables view in Media Library (w.i.p.)
* Improved: [dlmgr/jnetlib] Handling of http status codes: 201-206
* Improved: [ml_pmp] More user-friendly Transcoding options for Portables
* Improved: [pmp_android/ipod] Added encoder blacklist
* Improved: [ReplayGainAnalysis] Support for more sample rates
* Fixed: DLL load security vulnerability
* Fixed: [enc_lame] Memory leak
* Fixed: [in_midi] Potential integer overflow issue
* Fixed: [in_mod] Buffer overflow in comment box (MTM security vulnerability)
* Fixed: [in_mkv] Crash when reading a string that was exactly SIZE_MAX bytes
* Fixed: [in_nsv] Integer overflow in allocating memory for metadata
* Fixed: [ml_plg] Playlist Generator crashes and database corruption issues
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Autofill crash on empty libraries
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Crash on drag+drop items from one playlist to another
* Fixed: [playlist] Relative pathnames when filename is already relative
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Playlist sync & loading issues
* Fixed: [pmp_android/ipod/usb] Issue with forward slashes in playlist paths
* Fixed: [pmp_usb] Bug when multiple usb devices are connected
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] Unicode issues with presets editor (5.58-specific)
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] sprites.ini file lookup
* Fixed: [vp6.w5s] Buffer overflow issue
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Portables/Devices support now also adds ml_devices.dll & devices.w5s
* Updated: Gracenote CDDB/MusicID v2.6.206
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.3

Notes:

-The new Winamp App for Android is now available in the official Android market (requires Winamp 5.59 for sync features)
* http://market.android.com/search?q=p...ullsoft.winamp (Note: url only works in Android mobile browser)

-Winamp for Android forum | Winamp for Android Discussion thread

-The new Devices (root) view is a work-in-progress. Subject to change for 5.59 final

-To return to old Portables view, delete plugins\ml_devices.dll & system\devices.w5s (ml_pmp & pmp_*.dll plugins are still required)

-Direct mousewheel support means you can now scroll ML panes etc without having to focus them first. Winamp still needs to be focused though...

-Some langpacks have not been updated for this release (Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Chinese). Sorry :-(

Reporting Bugs:

Report all Winamp For Android Beta issues in the Winamp Android forum or Discussion thread only!

Report any issues with Winamp 5.59 Beta in this thread only!
Make sure your report is complete, according to the sticky threads in Bug Reports, ie.
Clean install, no 3rd-party plugins, list of plugins, full step-by-step method of reproduction, relevant system specs,
exact error messages, screenshots, which skin (one of Classic, Modern, or Bento only, or all three), links to sample files, etc.
If error reports, screenshots, sample files, etc are smaller than 200kb, then please attach them to your post here. Otherwise, please upload to one of stashbox.org, mediafire.com, or sendspace.com and post the url here (no rapidshare, megaupload, imageshack or similar links please).

Please do not report script errors in online services, info viewer, etc.
Script errors are enabled in the beta builds for debugging purposes, but are disabled in final builds.

Note that incomplete/lame bug reports may be totally ignored.

Known Bugs/Issues:

-Hang with SHOUTcast TV streams in fullscreen mode

Updates & Extras:

Winamp Essentials Pack 5.59 Beta | Changelog | Info

Old Winamp 5.56 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.55 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.55 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.541 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.54 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.54 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.531 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.53 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.52 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.51 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.51 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 3 thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 1 thread
Old Winamp 5.36 Beta Preview thread
Old Winamp 5.35 Released thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attached Files
File Type: exe Winamp_Essentials_v5.59_Beta!!.exe (576.1 KB, 5206 views)
File Type: txt Winamp_Essentials_Pack_Changelog.txt (25.2 KB, 1461 views)
Old 20th October 2010, 16:31   #2
Robster400

Great! Installing now

Edit:
Sweet...what did you do to the media library? its ultra snappy now with my 40,000+ tunes..
It was like a slug before.
Hover over panes to scroll is a nice touch too.
Good job!

Too much is never enough...
Last.fm
Old 20th October 2010, 16:41   #3
hawke

It's good news.
Old 20th October 2010, 17:21   #4
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Hooray!!!! Thanks for the continued work and improvements!
Old 20th October 2010, 18:44   #5
joebloggscity

Are there any improvemetns or changes to the Podcasts or downloading?

At moment it needs a lot of improvement. it's not bad, and I use it heavily but it needs some work...
Old 20th October 2010, 19:27   #6
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggscity View Post
At moment it needs a lot of improvement. it's not bad, and I use it heavily but it needs some work...
that really is a very vague comment, you'd be better of substantiating what you mean...

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
Old 20th October 2010, 20:49   #7
bemymonkey

Wow, never thought I'd see Android support in any way, shape or form... needless to say, I'm overjoyed. Wish there was some sort of Winamp Remote style way to stream tunesdirectly from my Winamp media library onto my Android device though - all the alternatives (like the Orb app) on Android suck, and obviously none of them use the Winamp Media Library as a database...

Glad to see the hard work is continuing...

-edit- Interestingly, I think I've already found the first bug:

When I try to remove songs from the Android device (connected via WiFi), nothing happens. I highlight some songs, click "remove" and then confirm the pop-up dialog box... and nothing happens. The songs are still there.

-edit2-

When I try to transfer a song to the device, the progress indicator jumps to 100% immediately and that's it. No transfer takes place.

This is on an HTC Desire running CyanogenMod 6.0.2...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 21st October 2010, 02:29   #8
ctkatz8086

two questions:
1. my device has internal memory and an sd card. is there a way to configure where i would have stuff synced? the reason i ask is that my phone memory doesn't have much in it, but my sd card is relatively empty and i get told i don't have enough space to transfer (perhaps it may have to do with the fact that i'm transferring m4b files and it looks like this app doesn't recognize m4b files).
2. is there plans in the works to control desktop winamp through this app as well?

Old 21st October 2010, 08:57   #9
spin26

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...://goo.gl/z1Yr

google qr code link might help
Old 21st October 2010, 09:32   #10
joebloggscity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
that really is a very vague comment, you'd be better of substantiating what you mean...

-daz
Hi Dr O,

hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

1) Firstly if you do a refresh of the Podcasts and the internet link has gone off then obviously the list wont' refresh. However, even if the Internet does come back on, if you do update all again it won't refresh it will just run through them all. YOu have to close and reopen winamp!

2) It would be good if in Winamp in the downloads if it would show at completion the size of the file downloaded and compared to what was the size to download so we can ensure that it has downloaded.

3) it's a bit annoying that we have to first update in the (1) Subscritions window then we have to go to the (2) Downloads window, and then generally most of us then go tour our (3) Media views). Can you not merge (1) & (2) together. Would make things easier.

4) In the History tab, can you have it such that it only tracks podcasts, audiobooks?

5) The "remember where last stopped" only works on Podcasts, can you not include MP3's tagged Speech & Audiobook? Can we have an option to choose which ones we want for this?

6) One big but simple improvement would be if on the refresh all subscriptions, that if the list of entries under the heading is updated, then the Heading gets bolded or marked. This will make it easier rather than haveing to go down through each list each time to check if anything has been updated.

Hope this helps, and don't get me wrong, I love Winamp and use it religiously. I jsut think the above will make things a lot better.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:59   #11
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggscity View Post
hope you didn't take it the wrong way.
is more that people say something is bad but never quantify what it is that they mean so maybe it'll give the dev team some ideas.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
Old 21st October 2010, 14:41   #12
Jellen

Thanks for the android app!

There is a problem with my Motorola Milestone running android 2.2.1

I can't 'attach' my phone.

It discovered the phone, I then tried to attach the phone. I got a pop up on my phone requesting for access, I allowed access.
But nothing happened.

It never seems to be "attached" already rebooted the phone but didn't help.

Kind regards
Jellen
Old 21st October 2010, 15:32   #13
anasazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellen View Post
Thanks for the android app!

There is a problem with my Motorola Milestone running android 2.2.1

I can't 'attach' my phone.

It discovered the phone, I then tried to attach the phone. I got a pop up on my phone requesting for access, I allowed access.
But nothing happened.

It never seems to be "attached" already rebooted the phone but didn't help.

Kind regards
Jellen
Mine did the same thing, after closing winamp on the computer and force closing winamp on the phone then running winamp on the computer then the app on the phone again it suddenly popped up asking for permission to link with my computer. it was like delayed or something, so give it some time. i'm running a nexus one. probably don't have to force close, your reboot should have done that for you.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:38   #14
anasazi

two issues thus far:

1) cannot seem to set a folder on the android device, so it picks up all sorts of stuff from other programs and even android itself.

2) when i go to sync it doesn't seem to recognize what is already on the phone, it says they are not in the local media library. well this isn't true -- they should be the exact same file. it gives the option to delete them and copy over what is on my computer, which would be fine in my case but since it also lists some android system sound files as well i'm holding off on winamp sync for now until an update is pushed so that folders can be defined. is winamp not recognizing files on the phone and files on the computer are the same thing a known issue?
Old 21st October 2010, 15:41   #15
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
I posted this issue on the 5.581 forum and it hasn't been addressed yet. Maybe this is not a problem with the ml_playlists.dll plugin. Maybe its in the behavior of the whole left pane.
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=73
If you need any other information or anything, I will help as much as possible.

PS, I love the Direct Mouse Wheel Support

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Oops, yeah, my bad....
Should be fixed for next 5.59 beta/final
Old 21st October 2010, 15:46   #16
lennshow66

How do i tell winamp to sync my music to a different folder on my SD card ?? My SD card root looks messy
Old 21st October 2010, 15:46   #17
patho

i can't get winamp to discover my android phone.. i click start discovery and nothing happens? i have enabled wireless sync on my phone.

what else do i need to do ?
Old 21st October 2010, 16:21   #18
mynameisjon

Some things I've noticed on first use.

First of all, I love the layout. It's almost idiot proof and anyone can figure out how to use it.

Second, I love having the option to sync wirelessly.

However, I have some issues.

I can't seem to be able to sync "wired". I mount my SD card but Winamp doesn't detect my Nexus One.

Also, syncing puts my music in the root folder of the SD card.

I also can't seem to find an option to select which songs to sync (a la iTunes and Zune).

If the following settings/options were included, winamp would be perfect.

"Star/Unstar" to select songs for syncing.
Choose location of sync destination.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:25   #19
ethanjsl

I cannot install the beta!!! i keep getting "error: data was not generated"
can any one help? using Win7 x64
Old 21st October 2010, 16:27   #20
chinkostu

hey, new user here, using a dell streak on 2.1 (build 6941)

a few problems

a)the lock screen doesn't implement very well on the streak. it stretches the album art, and i can press the buttons on the top row and start doing mad stuff with it locked. it all launches after its locked. a bit disorientating as anyone could run random programs with it there!

b) deleting songs via the pc doesn't work. if i delete them on the phone i have to exit winamp on the pc and the phone for the pc to realise they're gone

c) if i press the artist button while a songs playing, it brings up the right albums but says "unknown artist" in the bar along the top

d) i'll try and replicate this, but when i plugged my phone into the wall to charge, auto mount was enabled and the pc couldn't find it over the wifi. had to turn it off and reload, and it still wouldn't find it. eventually it appeared itself, don't know if theres any lag when its detecting devices?

i will try my headset later and see what happens with that too

edit: it also syncs it all to the root folder on the sd card, as opposed to where the rest of my music is!
Old 21st October 2010, 16:41   #21
itsdaniel0

Does Not Load

Urm.. I'm not sure if this is just me, but as soon as I load it up the whole thing just crashes
Old 21st October 2010, 16:56   #22
captainnapalm

I attempted to use Winamp a while ago to sync to my Android phone and found it to be a little cumbersome.

The main thing was that I seemed to be unable to choose a playlist with which to sync. Has this been addressed?

It would also be a concern, as I've read in this thread, if the music is synced to the root folder of the SD card, and not to the /Music folder where my music already resides.

Is there a plan to implement a Podcast feature into the player, much like the doubleTwist player? This would be handy as I switched from Google Listen to dT for podcasts when the feature became available.
Old 21st October 2010, 16:58   #23
kamikolopopo

Hey, i'm new here and tried the app.
I have a couple issues and i don't know wether they are my flaws or the program's.

I have a HTC Desire unrooted and it is in sleepmode while updating.

1. The progress of updating suddenly interrupts without any error or message of some kind, I'm uploading about 35 songs and on my phone i can find 6 only.

2. I have about 50 playlists on my desktop winamp and about 30 of them i want on my phone and even if i use the 2 different options in te preferences window i can't seem to get it going right. Sometimes it just tries to import all 50 playlists and the next time it updates nothing.

3. I've sorted and named all the playlists on my desktop and i've uploaded 2 of them now, but it doesn't keep the order nor the names of the desktop. Everything song is in 1 long list again, do i have to order and make new playlists again or am i updating to my phone wrong ?

I'm sorry if my typing is wrong, english is not my main language.

Really great app and i hope it gets even better.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:31   #24
wjrandon

This is wonderful, but if I might make a suggestion. Could you add the ability to browse music libraries by genre and bring over the EQ and Crossfader functionality from the desktop version of WinAmp? Those additions would make WinAmp the top dog on Android!

Thanks devs for all the hard work!

[Edit > Koopa] Deleted your double posting and fixed your correct posting again
Old 21st October 2010, 17:58   #25
MeGaZiPP

Winamp for Android beta

I thought I would kick off my very first post with a bug that I found in the new Android App. I know this is still in beta, so hopefully this bug will get fixed in future updates. I have the Samsung Captivate running Android 2.1. I am using Advanced Task killer to ensure no apps are running when I am not using the phone.

With the corded headset attached to my phone and no apps running, I am talking on the phone to someone. Normally when I hang up I hit the little button on the cord. With the new app installed, if I hit the button, instead of the phone hanging up, it starts up winamp and begins playing what ever my last song was, I also no longer hear who I was talking to and they are still connected. Once I pause the music, the phone call resumes. The only fix I have to use till it is updated is to go into the settings in winamp and turn off the headset controls. The phone call should always take priority over the music. I have not tested whether the music will pause when a call comes in. I will look at that later.

Other than this bug, I really like the app. I use the desktop app all the time and it is great that they have made a android one. Let me know if you have ran into the same problem.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:02   #26
kobliha

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdaniel0 View Post
Urm.. I'm not sure if this is just me, but as soon as I load it up the whole thing just crashes
Same thing happens to me - when I launch this new version it crashes immediately. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:05   #27
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

kobliha & itsdaniel0:

You should attach a crash report, saying it crashes only is really lame
Old 21st October 2010, 18:06   #28
lordsky

Send a message via AIM to lordsky
Podcast

Win 7 (x64) - CLEAN install
5.59 beta build 3033

I could not add my favorite podcast via the directory or manually. I keep getting a 404 error. I could not add some of the "top picks" podcasts via the directory.
http://www.wtmx.com/podcast.php

The Win7 aero peek controls are still not working. When winamp is not focused, including windowshade mode, the buttons do not work. When winamp IS focused and showing the main window and library, the aero peek buttons work, but the buttons are blank. See attached image.

During installation, I could not fetch the online music service because of the proxy issue.
A lot of browsers (Chrome / FFbeta ) now uses the system proxy settings versus specifying one manually. At work I am behind a proxy and at home I can't go through the proxy. Can we have winamp use the system proxy settings? (Which also supports PAC)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp_aero_peek_issue.png
Views:	747
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	47781  
Old 21st October 2010, 18:29   #29
mikelheim

Delete From Device not working

Windows 7
Nexus One 2.2
Winamp 5.59 beta
Latest Winamp for Android
Connecting via Wifi

Device found
Right-click album in device library
"Remove from Device (delete)"
Click OK to confirm
Deleting Tracks progress bar completes in about a second
Tracks are not deleted
Old 21st October 2010, 18:33   #30
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
I want to write about Winamp Detect Installer, which is a part of Winamp's installer.
The uninstaller (UninstWaDetect.exe) is still displayed in English on none English systems.
This issue was reported internally many times... and still nothing happened. (also in some languages (German) finish page of winamp uninstaller cuts off some text).
Will someone fix this finally?
-Pawel
Old 21st October 2010, 18:36   #31
Papa.Smurf

Really glad to see this released as iv always used winamp to sync to my android phone.

Both releases seem to work pretty well so far, aside from one thing. Just like in the earlier releases of winamp, the playlist sync is still broken. I have selected to syn only a single playlist of ~400 songs in preferences, though when I click "sync" Winamp goes ahead and tries to sync all ~4000 songs in my library to my phone.

Seeing as how I don't have a 55gb memory card this is quite annoying. If this is due to my own error please let me know otherwise it would be really great if you could fix this.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:39   #32
mikelheim

also, if I manually delete tracks from my Android I have to restart the PC Winamp before it'll register the changes to the device library.

Gotta say, I love the interface for managing the device library. Great stuff. Hope the kinks get worked out.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:41   #33
mikelheim

maybe by default the "sync all" option should be disabled.
most people's desktop libraries are much larger than their phone's SD Card

...someone fix my plural possessives
Old 21st October 2010, 18:58   #34
snot

Beta 5.59, Crash on start

Windows 7 Pro
Winamp 5.59 Beta

Winamp opens and asks about skin preferences, then about media type preferences as it usually would on the first run time. When the program should start, it crashes.

This has happened 10 out of 10 times.

Is there something I have missed?
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (39.7 KB, 266 views)

Last edited by snot; 21st October 2010 at 21:39. Reason: Adding Crash report
Old 21st October 2010, 19:20   #35
kobliha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
kobliha & itsdaniel0:

You should attach a crash report, saying it crashes only is really lame
I'll post it if I find it.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:28   #36
Trocks797

I am having the same problem. I get as far as selecting the skin and then it crashes and tries to send an error report but fails. Here is the report zip. I hope this get works out as I have Droid 2 and am a HUUGE Winamp fan!
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (40.0 KB, 231 views)
Old 21st October 2010, 19:29   #37
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Please report any bugs/feature requests related to Winamp Android in its own sticky thread:

Winamp Android features/bugs discussion thread

Thanks.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:33   #38
Trocks797

Sorry, the first post in this thread says to post bugs in this thread! I will go to the other one..

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Yeah, my bad. Sorry. All fixed up now & added a link to Android Discussion thread :-)
Old 21st October 2010, 19:49   #39
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

We've updated the sticky thread, it should be more clear now.
Old 21st October 2010, 19:59   #40
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trocks797 View Post
I am having the same problem. I get as far as selecting the skin and then it crashes and tries to send an error report but fails. Here is the report zip. I hope this get works out as I have Droid 2 and am a HUUGE Winamp fan!
Hmm, your error report log shows that ombrowser.w5s is missing

Does that file exist in your %ProgramFiles%\WInamp\System folder?
Did you maybe manually delete it?

I'd expect bad things to happen if trying to use Online Services (ml_online.dll) without ombrowser.w5s present
(error log shows that the crash is in ml_online.dll)
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion