Old 21st October 2010, 18:33   #1
Saber123

Local Media content gone

OK, let me start off by saying that I did read the FAQ and other recommended pages. I am also not a newb to Winamp or computers. That being said, I have no clue how the content of Local Media disappeared. Some people were in my room last night, hanging out. I guess one of them in putting on some music hit a wrong button or something. I have looked and cannot seems to get it back. The playlists links work, as do the other ones, but all Local Media (Audio -> Top Rated) gets this screen. The songs are all still on my HD, as I am listening to some not on a playlist now through iTunes (and am desperate to have my Winamp back... I do not like iTunes).
The double arrow trick does not work, it is not hidden like that. I had it scan my watch folders again, that didn't work. I tried looking at random settings, but didn't see anything. Though I'm certain it does have to be a setting issue, so I must have missed it. I did search the forums, but couldn't find anything (again, I might have missed it, and if so, I'm sorry).

TIA,
Saber
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winamp.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	47780  
Saber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 18:41   #2
DrO

it's basically the main db files have become corrupt and you'll need to remove main.dat and main.idx from your settings folder and then it'll appear again though will mean you need to re-import things into your library. as for why it happens... no one has been able to identify what causes the file to get corrupted for a small handful of people sadly.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 18:43   #3
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

You can use this:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=317153

to create backups in future, if something got broken, just restore your thing again with it.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 19:53   #4
Saber123

Cool! Thanks, it took a little bit of looking to find the folder with them, but after I got rid of them, the screen was normal (albeit, w/o any files in it), so I am repopulating it now. And I will use that backup plug-in also.
Thanks again
Saber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 11:52   #5
Elchippo

Hi DrO,
The same problem has happened to me, when you say you need to remove main.dat and main.idx from your settings folder, can you explain in more detail as to how I go about it.
Many Thanks
Elchippo
Elchippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support