Old 30th October 2010, 01:57   #1
nanllyn

Send a message via Yahoo to nanllyn
List always refreshing and starting at top

When ever I delete a duplicate song or rate a song in my local media window, the list of all my songs refreshes and starts at the top. So I lose my spot in the list every time. This is very aggravating and very, very time consuming trying to find the place you were at each and every time. Is there an easier way? Maybe I'm doing it totally wrong.
If this has been answered. I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out how to search for this answer.
Thank you,
Nancy
nanllyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 04:49   #2
Anthony51

Me too
Anthony51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 21:19   #3
nanllyn

It's sad no one ever responds to my questions

I have been a member of winamp and winamp forum for many years. Recently I even purchased a license for winamp. No I'm regretting it as I am having some problems that are very aggravating. I post questions in the forums (I've done this many time throughout the years) and I never get a response to help me with the question., Very frustrating,
So here goes the question again.
Every time I rate a song or delete a duplicate. The screen "scans" and refreshes. Which only take 15-20 seconds to refresh but when it starts at the beginning each and every time and you have to find your place again, it takes a lot of time. I am just now going through 37,000 songs and rating them and deleting duplicates. But it refreshes each and every time. So it takes too long to really make it feasible in Winamp. I really don't want to go back to Windows Media Player but may haver to if there is no answer to my problem.
Is there a way to get it to not refresh each and every time? Please can someone please help,
I just want to be able to use Winamp without all the refreshing so it doesn't take 2-3 minutes each song just to wait for the scanning and then try to find your place again.
Thank you so very much if you will help me.
Nancy
Old 19th November 2010, 21:28   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i already reported this:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=321233

i also linked it in the 5.59 beta thread. anyones guess tho if this and the ML gets fixed properly

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 04:57   #5
nanllyn

Thank you so very much for responding

I guess my search terms werent the same as i couldn,t get anything that was close. Also thank you so much for responding.
Old 20th November 2010, 05:14   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, I'm not too happy with that behaviour either.
Maybe we could add an option to refresh or not?

The workaround for the rating issue is to use rt-click -> Rate Items instead of the star rating column.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 16:54   #7
Lexxen

Just signed up to report that I have also been having the same problem. I'm using 5.5.8.1.

It never used to do this - but I reinstalled and configured winamp over the weekend, and since then have had to deal with this issue.

Extremely annoying little bug. Would very much love a fix. Any hope?
Lexxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 00:20   #8
fjorab

Wow, yeah, i was wondering why it was doing this too. I just switched to Winamp again because iTunes and WiMP were making me angry with all their forced "automatic rating" nonsense and such.

Unfortunately, as much as i like Winamp for other things, i'm going to end up making a mutli-question post since the things i would like to do are difficult to search for solutions.
fjorab is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion