Old 9th December 2010, 10:57   #1
bimbongr

Broadcast with Traktor, Icecast & Shoutcast

Hi guys. I'm totally new in this forum and in the broadcasting area. Recently I found out that my Traktor Scratch Pro have an option to broadcast. I am really interested in broadcasting my sets. So from what I've read on the net I understood that Traktor supports only Icecast and broadcasting in .ogg format. But after couple of days tweaking and doing everything I could think of I did not manage to make a stream visible from outside my network. Also I've read that I can broadcast with Traktor, Icecast & Shoutcast. As I said I'm totally new in the area and don't completely understand how things work. So I'm begging for your help here. I know that I can use my computer from which I'm playing for a server. What I want to do (if possible) is to make my own radio visible in winamp shoutcast and play my sets there. Otherwise ending up with a working stream anywhere would be great too. I hope that you will be kind enough to help me as I know that here I can find the right people to learn from.
Thank you in advance guys

P.s.
I've posted the same thing in the thread "SHOUTcast DNAS 2 Beta v0.1" but i get no response so I'm posting it like a new thread hoping I will get one
bimbongr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 13:24   #2
bimbongr

Ok so ... I made a connection between Traktor and Icecast. What I need to do now is to connect icecast and shoutcast.
bimbongr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 00:18   #3
fc*uk

I do not believe that is that way you want to go about this, or at least I am aware of a much easier way.

All you need to do is set the SHOUTcast dsp to breoadcast from the line in on your sound card. Run the master out from your mixer into your line in on the sound card. No need to worry about setting up Traktor to broadcast to icecast and then worry about getting that over to SHOUTcast. I believe that you do need to be running Windows XP in order for this to work though.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2010, 00:18   #4
fc*uk

I do not believe that is that way you want to go about this, or at least I am aware of a much easier way.

All you need to do is set the SHOUTcast dsp to breoadcast from the line in on your sound card. Run the master out from your mixer into your line in on the sound card. No need to worry about setting up Traktor to broadcast to icecast and then worry about getting that over to SHOUTcast. I believe that you do need to be running Windows XP in order for this to work though.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Tags
broadcast, icecast, shoutcast, traktor