Originally Posted by Anders
No sure what you mean...
maybe i start with what i did so far and what i'm trying to achieve.
1. i have added a branding image to dialog 105 (based on default.exe), which you can see in the attached screenshot. it's all working perfectly, but of course this interface is unsuitable for certain pages (components, license.)
2. i have moved the same branding image from dialog 105 to the details dialog. i had in mind the actual details would only be displayed with the button hit and the details dialogue would overlap the entire branding image. that way i could easily leave the branding image for the components or licence page. however, though the syntax is 100% the same as above, makensis would not compile my script (Error: no branding image found in chosen UI!) i have no idea why that is!
when i wrote the initial post, i suspected the use of a branding image in multiple dialogs would cause the problem. now i know it's not.