Old 31st January 2011, 12:26   #1
wlashack

Running multiple instances of Winamp at once?

Hi,
i want to listen to multiple audio files at the same time on my machine (one is the background music, second one is voice for example etc. - similar to mixing various audio tracks). I run several Winamp instances, one by one, manually set the volume level for each, choose the audiofiles to be played. It all works ok, but i am trying to simplify the starting process.
So my question is:
- am I able to run multilpe instances of Winamp at once (by clicking a single icon)?
- can these instances start with their predefined settings (volume levels and default audio folders for each instance)?

Thanks.
wlashack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 20:44   #2
jabberwocky1969

Good question .. as yet unanswered...

My question is .. If I "go pro" can I use WINAMP PRO on different PCs (not at the same time). My current PC is on its last legs, I'd like to use this at work, and I use a different PC at bedtime.

Hopefully someone can answer this basic question.

-Jabber
jabberwocky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 20:48   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
last i checked i had filed a bug where multiple instances, when checked in prefs, did not work.

what i've heard people do is install two separate instances of winamp, but i don't want to do that.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 20:57   #4
jabberwocky1969

Makes sense , probably difficult to synch playlists and whatnot but I'd still be cool with that. Just wondering if they get into the "machine ID" thingy .... or if they do, do they let you take your "PRO" with you and use it in different place (i.e. on different machines)

I assume if I go pro (pay the $20) then I just follow along with the releases ... (sorry I've been using this free for 10 years and now realize I need to rip all my CDs before my kids destroy them , plus I want to contaminate them with quality music on MP3 so they don't rsort to listening to Justin Bieber on their IPODS)

Jabber
jabberwocky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 07:21   #5
kevthesinger

hi

i run 3 instances, setting them up at every gig is a bit of a pain but what the hell, i think the current remedy for your situation is to buy one of them 3rd party programs that records mouse clicks as macro's.

cheers

kev
kevthesinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 11:22   #6
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

The PRO licence is your licence to use Winamp on as many PCs as you like. (It is a personal licence, not a PC licence)

As to playing multiple tracks - you could always remix them using something like Audacity.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 22:32   #7
wfcamb

Send a message via Yahoo to wfcamb
Could open two different media players as a worst case scenario.. Like, (and I hate this player) Quicktime allows multiple instances.. Maybe have Winamp for bkg music, and quicktime for voice audio..

Mr. Trancer Maniac:.

*Admins/Mods: My sig too big? There isn't a rule that I see that says otherwise..
I'm still a newbie even though says 2006.. Haven't been on here in 5 years..
PM me if it's too big..
wfcamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 04:14   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

i should look for my post / thread. its annoying that "allow multiple instances" persists as an option but hasn't worked in YEARS.

--
Old 20th May 2011, 06:36   #9
wlashack

But it works! There is no problem to run WinAmp multiple times on one computer. This is not what this topic is all about. It is about running multiple winamp instances BY ONE CLICK. Create an icon where I can define how many times and wich configurations i want to start. For example:
1. Winamp playing song01.mp3 with 50% loudness
2. Winamp playing song02.mp3 with 70% loudness
3. Winamp playing song03.mp3 with 25% loudness

I can do it manually by running three times WinAmp, choose the songs and adjust loudness but i want to simplify this process and start it automatically.
Old 20th May 2011, 08:39   #10
MrSinatra
Forum King

the option is to allow multiple instances of winamp off of one [single] winamp install.

that works? i'll have to retest.

i guess you could do a batch file to open 3 winamp instances (assuming it works again), but i don't know how you would tell winamp via cmd line what volume to be at, or what file to play. might be possible, but i just don't know.

--
Old 21st May 2011, 03:04   #11
wfcamb

Send a message via Yahoo to wfcamb
Hmm... Maybe you'd better code this one yourself.. lol.. Or post that in the Winamp Wishlist section.. Maybe it'll be heard and someone take it up for you..

Mr. Trancer Maniac:.

*Admins/Mods: My sig too big? There isn't a rule that I see that says otherwise..
I'm still a newbie even though says 2006.. Haven't been on here in 5 years..
PM me if it's too big..
wfcamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 07:55   #12
wlashack

I think this is not hard and I only think it is possible through the command line/config files. But I have no experience doing this and have not found a tutorial as well as the list of command line parameters.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:01   #13
Tintin98

Hi, how can i play two songs at the same time ( in two instances) and stream the both to the same output???????????????

Please help!!
Tintin98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:11   #14
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin98 View Post
Hi, how can i play two songs at the same time ( in two instances) and stream the both to the same output???????????????

Please help!!
Quickest method? Two different players. Winamp and VLC. Or Winamp and Windows Media Player. Or whichever two players you have on your computer.
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:22   #15
DrO
Winamp Team

or two separate Winamp installs.

however, there is no need to post the same question in multiple parts of the forum and i really do hope you didn't report your post in this thread to try to get a moderator to answer you (thankfully i don't get them for this sub-forum but couldn't help seeing
Last Activity: Today 20:01
Current Activity: Reporting a Post Running multiple instances of Winamp at once?).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2012, 19:37   #16
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
or two separate Winamp installs.

however, there is no need to post the same question in multiple parts of the forum and i really do hope you didn't report your post in this thread to try to get a moderator to answer you (thankfully i don't get them for this sub-forum but couldn't help seeing
Last Activity: Today 20:01
Current Activity: Reporting a Post Running multiple instances of Winamp at once?).

-daz
A name like "Tintin98" - how much do you want to bet this is a teenager born in 1998 therefore making him 14. This would explain that impatience.

He still deserves a slap for being cheeky
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion