Old 17th February 2011, 18:40   #1
DrO

SHOUTcast DNAS 2 Beta (Build 17) 02/17/2011

Presenting the latest BETA drop of the SHOUTcast DNAS server for broadcasters, developers and testers. This build is our latest GM release candidate and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous BETA builds.

This BETA release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions) (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
  • Mac OS X (Intel)
  • BSD 8.x

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:
Changes

Build 17 (02/17/2011):
  • Added per stream versions of the following configuration options (prefix with 'stream' to use them in addition to the master options e.g. streampassword): password, adminpassword, publicserver, allowrelay, allowpublicrelay, riponly, autodumpsourcetime, autodumpusers, listenertime, songhistory, uvoxcipherkey, introfile, backupfile, banfile, ripfile
  • Added 'logclients' configuration option to allow for client connections and disconnects to not be logged (default behaviour is to log these events)
  • Added summary administration page accessed via admin.cgi or admin.cgi?sid=0 instead of going to the default stream summary page (only works with 'adminpassword' access)
  • Added '&iponly=1' support to admin.cgi?mode=viewxml so listener stats (in standard mode or when using &page=3) will only output the listener's IP address instead of all other information
  • Changed 'admin.cgi?mode=reload' to only be available via the new summary administration page instead of on each stream administration page
  • Changed the /currentsong and <songtitle> values to be a formatted title as 'artist - title' if the v2 stream source metadata allows instead of just showing 'title'
  • Changed the /listen* actions to auto-fill the server IP in the generated playlist files if 'dstip / destip' is not set so the playlist is more likely to be valid
  • Changed the /home action to open the stream url in a new window / tab instead or replacing the current view of the admin pages
  • Changed the server to not load if appropriate passwords have not been specified (including per stream configurations) to improve security especially with per-stream password support
  • Changed the title produced for v1 clients to be 'artist - title' instead of 'artist - album - title' to resolve some legacy client related issues
  • Changed some of the admin page text spacing and other misc html changes
  • Changed administration pages to not allow access to the 'tail logfile' and 'view logfile' pages when using 'streamadminpassword' to prevent information from other stream configuration groups being seen
  • Fixed the Ban and Reserve IP administration actions to not re-add an already banned or reserved IP (overlap of single vs subnets still happens)
  • Fixed stream configuration options not being applied correctly when using the plain name (without _X on the end) for streamid=1 configurations
  • Fixed /stream/sid client access not working correctly if an invalid station id (sid) was passed on the connection attempt
  • Fixed the root index.html page occassionally reporting streams as available when they are not
  • Fixed 'admin.cgi?mode=reload&sid=#' not always updating or removing stream configurations correctly despite reporting it had especially with streamid=1 changes or the source password changed
  • Fixed YP2 connections not following the 'yptimeout' configuration option
  • Fixed 'admin.cgi?sid=#&mode=updinfo' only updating the default stream configuration instead of the stream configuration required
  • Removed invalid link for the IRC stream entry on the administration pages
  • Updated Configuration Builder to latest version
  • Updated documentation to reflect new options and related errata

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'docs\getting_started.txt' along with the example configuration files provided in this new version which should make it easier to get started. Alternatively you should consider looking at the configuration builder which is included in the 'config_builder' folder.

Finally, all copies of the documentation can also be found online at http://dev.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Known Issues

The following are known issues with the v2 DNAS raised in previous releases but not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
  • If the external IP is bound to a different device than the primary on the machine then the server will not work as expected (e.g. eth1 instead of eth0)
  • Listing a relayed stream when using the YP2 mode is known to not work and will return a 474 error code from the attempt to connect to the YP. Setting the server as non-public or using the v2 DNAS in legacy mode (yp2=0) will allow the stream to be listed but means you lose all of the YP2 features. This is being worked on.
  • When connecting Winamp 5.60x to a v2 SHOUTcast stream when using the Bento or Big Bento skins will cause the Winamp UI to lockup for up to 60seconds (depends upon the machine, etc). Install http://download.nullsoft.com/shoutca...Stream_Fix.exe to resolve this issue (this patch will be shipped with the next version of Winamp after 5.60x)

Additional Information

Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...d-3802b2af5fc2
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...4-157cfdffee4e

This new version has been tested on a number of current Linux versions (Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS) so should hopefully run on other versions as well and without any dependency or locale related issues (as affected the first version).

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
-daz
Old 17th February 2011, 23:36   #2
maksimilian

didn't launch with working good config of build 14, os debian 6.0 x64, turn on screenlog = 1, all starts ok but can't connect on 8000port, kill process, return build 14, all start ok
Old 18th February 2011, 09:19   #3
DrO

send me all of your sc_serv2 configuration files along with a copy of the log (if possible with full debug logging enabled) please.

-daz
Old 18th February 2011, 11:07   #4
mattcamp

Still having relay problems with this...

My relays work fine as long as I have YP registration disabled... as soon as I change publicserver to always, this happens.

Weirdly I can see the stream on the web console, and it even shows the right track metadata, but trying to play the stream (in winamp) gives a 404.

Quote:
2011-02-18 12:03:43 I msg:[ice1.outcastdigital.com:8000/booshfm] Connecting as relay.
2011-02-18 12:03:43 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9001
2011-02-18 12:03:43 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9000
2011-02-18 12:03:44 D msg:[YP2] pvt_add No entry for key=1
2011-02-18 12:03:44 D msg:[YP2] pvt_add add for key=1 [0]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<yp version="2">
<cmd op="add" seq="1">
<url>
<protocol>http</protocol>
<port>9000</port>
<path>/boosh</path>
</url>
<bitrate>64000</bitrate>
<mimetype>audio/aacp</mimetype>
<maxclients>32</maxclients>
<authhash>...removed...</authhash>
<source>Legacy / Unknown</source>
<relayurl>http://ice1.outcastdigital.com:8000/booshfm</relayurl>
</cmd>
</yp>
2011-02-18 12:03:44 I msg:[RELAY ice1.outcastdigital.com:8000/booshfm sid=1] Relay connected using SHOUTcast protocol
2011-02-18 12:03:44 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com
2011-02-18 12:03:44 E msg:[DST 205.188.202.172:45699 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 client connection rejected. Stream not available. SHOUTcast Directory Tester
2011-02-18 12:03:44 I msg:[DST 205.188.202.172:45699 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 client connection closed (0 seconds) [Bytes: 0] Agent: `SHOUTcast Directory Tester'
2011-02-18 12:03:45 D msg:gotResponseReqest key=1 cmd=0
Response body=[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<yp version="2"><resp seq="1"><error><code>474</code><message>Relay URL does not exist</message></error></resp></yp>

]
2011-02-18 12:03:45 E msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing
2011-02-18 12:03:45 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 474 (Relay URL does not exist)
2011-02-18 12:06:21 E msg:[DST 81.179.238.134:54982 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection rejected. Stream not available. WinampMPEG/5.58, Ultravox/2.1
2011-02-18 12:06:21 I msg:[DST 81.179.238.134:54982 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection closed (0 seconds) [Bytes: 0] Agent: `WinampMPEG/5.58, Ultravox/2.1'
Old 18th February 2011, 11:30   #5
DrO

mattcamp: it's still a known issue (is listed in the first post) as the problem is on the YP side of things and not directly with the DNAS (as is shown by running the DNAS in private or legacy mode with yp2=0).

and as the DNAS will not allow clients to connect if running in public mode, that's why you're getting client 404's when running in public mode. it does make sense for it to work in that way though maybe an exception option to override that might be useful though i've a feeling that would cause more confusion with it allowing connections but not being able to be seen in the listings.

at the moment i cannot give an eta on when this will be resolved as there's a number of things to be changed / updated from what i can work at the moment. alas it's one of those beta things still present with the YP2 system but is known and is one of the priority aspects to be resolved to get things out of beta (hopefully sooner rather than later).

-daz
Old 18th February 2011, 23:14   #6
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
/poke
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:55   #7
DrO

@maksimilian: please check your pms or action my previous reply to your first post as this needs to be fixed ASAP if it is a legitimate issue and i cannot replicate it without the information required from you as this is now hold back some required upgrades.

-daz
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:54   #8
DigiBC

Unfortunately I seem to have found an issue with the private pages: The &pass= string doesn't seem to work anymore, because the 'adminpassword' is ignored somehow.
The following string is used with an ASP script:

http://localhost:8080/admin.cgi?mode=viewxml&sid=1&pass=********

If I try to open this link with my web browser unlike before user name and password are requested.

According to the updated documentation no change has been made there...
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:38   #9
DrO

DigiBC: will check it out, had a feeling there might be some sort of bug with the password handling due to all of the internal changes made to allow for the per-stream passwords.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 05:02   #10
zetaf

seems everything screwed up when i upgraded it.
i stoped the radio.. uploadded the new files and used the config builder and now it wont be able to broadcast using the dsp just cant connect it.
same port and same pw. So i used the backup config that i took before i replace the sc_serv.conf and its still the same thing
the worst is i cant even stop it
i had to stop killthe pid to do that
ive sent you the pm of the config

[root@zer0 shoutcast1]# ./sc_serv sc_serv.conf
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:<***> Logger startup
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:<***> version 0.2.0.0 build 0.0.17.0
2011-02-23 04:22:53 D msg:<***>
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:*******************************************************************************
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:** SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server (DNAS)
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:** Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Nullsoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:** Use "sc_serv filename.conf" to specify a config file.
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:*******************************************************************************
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:[SHOUTcast] DNAS/posix(linux x64) v 0.2.0.0 b 0.0.17.0 (Feb 17 2011) starting up...
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:[MAIN] PID: 17240
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:[MAIN] Loaded config from sc_serv.conf
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:[MAIN] Calculated CPU count is 8
2011-02-23 04:22:53 I msg:[MAIN] Starting 8 network threads
hgjmhgjhg
exit
zetaf is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:46   #11
DrO

zetaf: i've just tried it with your config (though i've only been able to test the linux x86 version at the moment) and i had no lockups or issues with connecting the DSP to the DNAS though this was all done though a local lan setup (real Windows machine to Linux VM on a bridged network connection). only changes i made to the config files were the paths of the files.

i've also tried it in my Windows version and that didn't show any issues.

i'll see if i can run it on linux x64 over the next day or so, otherwise i'd suggest you check you DSP settings and that it's pointing to the correct IP though the one you provided in the pm was dead at the time of testing. also i can't remember if you were running the DSP on the local lan or doing it over the internet.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:49   #12
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
@maksimilian: please check your pms or action my previous reply to your first post as this needs to be fixed ASAP if it is a legitimate issue and i cannot replicate it without the information required from you as this is now hold back some required upgrades.
if i don't hear anything by tomorrow morning i'm going to ignore the incomplete bug report you've made especially if you've logged into the forums but aren't bothered to provide information requested a number of times to attempt to replicate and resolve the issue.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:01   #13
MADxHAWK

Hi,

just installed build 17 and ran into some problems.

I've used the same config as for build 7 and build 10
Quote:
log=1
screenlog=0
logfile=/home/stream/shoutcast/logs/dsl.log
w3clog=/home/stream/shoutcast/logs/dsl_w3c.log
banfile=/home/stream/shoutcast/control/sc_serv.ban
ripfile=/home/stream/shoutcast/control/sc_serv.rip
saveriplistonexit=1

maxuser=500
listenertime=0
autodumpusers=1
portbase=8000

;streamid=1
;streampath_1=/dsl

password=******
adminpassword=******
publicserver=never
yp2=0
With build 17 i cant get the titleupdate to work. Im using sam 4. With build 10 i have connected to sc and everythink works fine. Winamp and statuspage viewed Interpret - Title properly. With build 17 winamp only shows the streamurl and statuspage shows nothing.

Since i have set yp2=0 sc should use shoutcastprotocol 1 and normaly it should work like on build 10 and and previous or did i miss something in the config? I havent found anything about this in the documentation.

Normaly it wont be a problem cause we are streaming over sc-trans and not directly to the streamserver, but sometimes we also use a direct streamconnection to the shoutcastserver, for example when sc-trans is offline or failed for some reason (what never happens till now)

cheers
Martin
Old 23rd February 2011, 11:07   #14
DrO

my initial guess until i check it out is that it's the same issue as DigiBC has reported as there were a lot of changes with the internal password handling to have it cope with master and per-stream options, so looks like i managed to break that.

so if it's not working, that's why the title isn't appearing on the admin pages (as most empty options will be hidden like the aim or irc stuff, etc).

also it'd be a better comparison to compare against build 14 as that was the last build than to builds 7 or 10.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:01   #15
MADxHAWK

Hi DrO,

thanks, will check later.
I have streamed a few title, but the logfile only shows a line that a source connected and the connection was accepted nothing more. Nothing about bad password or anything.
So for me in the logfile it looks like sam doesnt even send a titleupdate even it did.

Hope that might help.

greetings
Martin
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:12   #16
DrO

i've briefly reproduced the title not being updated by using the Source DSP in legacy mode (equivalent of SAM) though i've not debugged it further at the moment but is definitely something not right. oh well, looks like we'll have a build 18 soon, heh.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:43   #17
DrO

DigiBC + MADxHAWK: it is the same issue you've both reported from what i can see and is due to the password changes in this build not correctly mapping things back for legacy client connections. i've got to finish off a fix for this and the next build will be coming soon.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:39   #18
MADxHAWK

Thanks a lot DrO, looks like you doing great work )

I ran into another strange thing.

I just took a look to my shoutcast Logfile and mention a lot of lines like this one here:

Quote:
2011-02-23 19:27:41 I msg:[src 213.239.***.***:52945 sid=1] Shoutcast source connection.
2011-02-23 19:27:41 E msg:[src 213.239.***.***:52945 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
The IP of the source trying to connect is the IP of my server.

Currently im using build 7 again due to the titleupdate issue with sc1 protocol.
Strange thing, only 3 instance of shoutcast are running, one on port 8000, one on 8010 and the last one on 8050. There is no instance of sc_trans running or any other programm im knowing about that could try to connect to sc as a source.
Those connection tries appears aprox. every 15-20 seconds.
I realy have no idea what the hell is trying to establish a source connection to my shoutcastserver and i also have no idea how to figure out what is going on or what is trying to connect to my shoutcast on my server.

Any hints how i could figure out whats going one here?

Im running a Debian Lenny 2.6.26-2-amd64 system

Thanks again
Martin
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:51   #19
DrO

build 7 is a bad one to use, i still think if you are going to revert to at least go back to build 14

i've seen things like that a few times myself and is usually from an IP going back to China and just seems like something is trying to connect to the DNAS blindly. other than adding it to the ban list and cycling passwords, there's not too much which can be done about random attempts for a source to connect. only other thing might be to enable some of the debug logging options to see what user agent and other details are noted about the attempt.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:00   #20
zetaf

the issue is not even does the dsp works but i cant acccess the admin page :6145/index.html?sid=1 because of it despite i get the welcome config that its running on linux
another reminder is that i cant cancel the dnas from running, i use screen on my linux
when i try to do the cctrl+n which normally cancel the radio running, it wont respond at all. I was forced to kill the pid instead
Quote:
zetaf: i've just tried it with your config (though i've only been able to test the linux x86 version at the moment) and i had no lockups or issues with connecting the DSP to the DNAS though this was all done though a local lan setup (real Windows machine to Linux VM on a bridged network connection). only changes i made to the config files were the paths of the files.

i've also tried it in my Windows version and that didn't show any issues.

i'll see if i can run it on linux x64 over the next day or so, otherwise i'd suggest you check you DSP settings and that it's pointing to the correct IP though the one you provided in the pm was dead at the time of testing. also i can't remember if you were running the DSP on the local lan or doing it over the internet.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:05   #21
DrO

zetaf: i can only go on what i can see when trying things and i'm just not able to get it to lock up / crash when using the config file you provided with the x86 version of the dnas.

i'm in the process of installing a debian 6.0 x64 VM to see if i can replicate some of the other reports along with your one on it using the native linux x64 version of the v2 DNAS (as i'm not able to reproduce any issues on the CentOS 5.5 x64 VM that i build the linux x64 build on). however i wouldn't be surprised if i'm not able to reproduce the issue and something is most likely interfering with things that i'm not able to currently reproduce.

and i really cannot see how the changes made between build 14 and build 17 would lead to such a lock up when there's nothing wrong with the config file you provided.

-daz
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:13   #22
zetaf

but have you tried accessing my server and replicate that issue? like activating the sc_serv.conf? since accessin the admin page or even the radio page wont work
i use centos 5.5 64bit
Old 24th February 2011, 00:26   #23
MADxHAWK

Hi DrO,

well the strange thing is, that the ip trying to connect to the DNAS, is the ip of my own server and not a unknown ip.
I have checked my server but didnt found anythin that could cause the conecction trys.

I will switsh to build 14 tomorrow and check again if the connection trys still persist.

greetings
Martin

Quote:
build 7 is a bad one to use, i still think if you are going to revert to at least go back to build 14

i've seen things like that a few times myself and is usually from an IP going back to China and just seems like something is trying to connect to the DNAS blindly. other than adding it to the ban list and cycling passwords, there's not too much which can be done about random attempts for a source to connect. only other thing might be to enable some of the debug logging options to see what user agent and other details are noted about the attempt.

-daz
Old 24th February 2011, 08:16   #24
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaf View Post
but have you tried accessing my server and replicate that issue? like activating the sc_serv.conf?
i tried to access it with the details you pm'd this morning but it wasn't liking the password so never got in there.

however i've tracked it down to an issue with the loading of the ban and rip list files from trying to figure out where it could be failing based on where the log stops. i think this is likely to be the same cause of the issue maksimilian is seeing (as the config file provided doesn't cause any issues unless there's a ban or rip list.

-daz
Old 24th February 2011, 08:21   #25
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxHAWK View Post
well the strange thing is, that the ip trying to connect to the DNAS, is the ip of my own server and not a unknown ip.
that is strange especially as the time between events doesn't match with any of the normal timeout values. maybe it's some other network activity which the DNAS is incorrectly interpreting as a source attempt. other than that, am a bit confused

-daz
Old 24th February 2011, 08:51   #26
zetaf

Quote:
that is strange especially as the time between events doesn't match with any of the normal timeout values. maybe it's some other network activity which the DNAS is incorrectly interpreting as a source attempt. other than that, am a bit confused

-daz
i can also confirm that my own serevr ip is trying to connect as source attempt 50 times although this from the older version on the previous build

also for the server access the logins are right.
just use root as username for login

for the both issues get fixed asap
Old 24th February 2011, 09:00   #27
DrO

zetaf: it doesn't matter about the server access now though confirmation from you that the lockup doesn't happen if the ban and rip files are removed would be good.

as for the attempts to connect as a source, i'm just not able to reproduce that at all - all i get are the random attempts from chinese IPs to connect as a client or as a source to my private test server.

the only thing i can think off is that it's possibly a sc_trans issue (i primarily use the Source DSP) so until i can get around to working with sc_trans again i don't believe the issue is the the DNAS and that is the focus of this thread and development at the moment.

-daz
Old 24th February 2011, 14:31   #28
DrO

Build 18 now released which fixes the lockup and password related issues -> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=327489

-daz
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions