Old 7th March 2011, 21:51   #1
cjsnow1

Can not connect to yp.shoutcast.com Invalid authorization hash

Hi. I'm relatively new to ShoutCAST streaming. Whenever I start sc_serv.exe it comes up with
code:
2011-03-07 15:21:11 E msg:[YP2] /yp/resp/updatefreq missing
2011-03-07 15:21:11 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 470 (Invalid authorization hash)
2011-03-07 15:22:11 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com

I've tried making a new station, deleting the old one, & using a new Authorization Key but that gives the same results.

Even worse whenever I try to restart the server after closing it, it brings up this:
code:
[CONFIG] Choose one of the detected config files to load or enter 'x' to abort this instance.
but whenever I try to type 0 and press enter it closes. This happens every time I try to restart the server. The only solution I've found is to restart my PC.

The config file & ini file are attached. The config file has the debug code in it but I can't use this seeing as I can't restart the server.
Attached Files
File Type: conf sc_serv_simple.conf (1.3 KB, 481 views)
File Type: txt sc_serv INI.txt (13.7 KB, 315 views)
cjsnow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 22:11   #2
DrO

if option 0 is sc_serv_simple.conf and what you've attached is exactly as is then the server will not allow password and adminpassword to be the same which leads to it closing.

the older ini version causes the 470 error code as there's no streamauthhash in that file.

basically the simple option is to make sure the passwords in sc_serv_simple.conf are different and then it should work ok. also if you run things directly from the command-line instead of just double-clicking sc_serv.exe (as i guess is happening) will make it easier to see what the errors are (otherwise the log file should be in the temp folder).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 22:37   #3
cjsnow1

Re:

I made the passwords different but it didn't do anything. I don't know how to run CMD inside of WINE (Is it even included?) Could I use terminal to do this?

I've tried to start a shoutcast server on Linux but I have no way to feed it music. BUTT won't work anymore. Any ideas with that would make my job a WHOLE lot easier.

What should I do with the ini file? Edit that line in there & add the Key?
Old 7th March 2011, 22:46   #4
DrO

hang on a sec, you're running the windows version of the DNAS in WINE? if you're using linux then you need to use the linux version of the DNAS as that could be leading to some of the issues.

as for providing a source, you can provide it from any type of machine to the linux one as long as you can access it i.e. a windows machine to a linux one on the same lan works well (is what i use under testing). so using Winamp + Source DSP on a windows version to the linux version would work and i guess you could see if that'll work under Wine and use a localhost as the server ip in DSP's configuration.

Quote:
What should I do with the ini file? Edit that line in there & add the Key?
ignore the ini file as it just complicates things - just use the sc_serv_simple.conf though if you're using it directly on linux you'll need to change the \ to / in the config file otherwise some of the filepaths will be invalid when run in the linux version of the DNAS (something i need to get auto-fixed in a newer version).

will check back in the morning to see if things have improved or not (as it's almost tomorrow here, heh).

-daz
Old 7th March 2011, 23:02   #5
cjsnow1

Re:

K.
So I start the server in Terminal with
code:
/sc_serv ./sc_serv.conf &
[2] 7435

and try to connect the DSP but all the DSP says is Cipher Response Received. What do I do to the DSP settings once the server is running? I try myip and localhost but they each come up with the Cipher message and then fail after about a minute.
Old 8th March 2011, 07:51   #6
DrO

cipher response messages usually indicate trying to connect the DSP in v2 mode to a legacy v1 DNAS (as indicated on the bottom of the DSP's connection tab). what version of the linux DNAS have you downloaded? also you're now using sc_serv.conf... is that sc_serv_simple.conf renamed or another file you've created?

-daz
Old 8th March 2011, 21:02   #7
cjsnow1

Re:

I honestly don't know what version I'm using. I just used wget to get the tar, extracted the contents to the root of my Home directory, and entered the command to start the server. it works on the server end just not the other end.

How do I check the file version?

Edit: I'm using the most recent Stable version.

Edit: the sc_serv.conf came with the .tar file. I just edited the pass and adminpass.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:18   #8
DrO

the stable version doesn't use the auth hash and that's counted as a legacy version (as it's a v1 tool) so if you're going to use that then the DSP needs to have the legacy option checked which would resolve the cipher response issue.

alas i cannot offer help with the v1 dnas as i've only used the v2 dnas.

-daz
Old 8th March 2011, 21:42   #9
cjsnow1

RE: Thnx

It works! I tested the stream in totem and it worked! Thanks for the help dude. **bows before you**

Edit:Why is the V2 Server only working on 64-bit Linux machines?
Old 8th March 2011, 21:53   #10
DrO

there is a linux x86 version, just for some reason it's not listed on the main download page (queried it about 5mins before i saw your reply). links to the current versions including the linux x86 version can be found through http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324877

[edit]
main page is now updated to include the linux x86 version

-daz
Old 8th March 2011, 22:16   #11
cjsnow1

Re:

Cool.
Little problem. I try to run the V2 Server but I don't know how to specify it to use port 8002.
How do I?
Old 8th March 2011, 22:19   #12
DrO

http://dev.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast...r_2#Networking and see 'portbase'

-daz
Old 8th March 2011, 22:26   #13
cjsnow1

RE: Portbase

Says that V1 Sources can only use portbase + 1. I'm clearly not using a V1 Source (Winamp DSP Built in January) What gives? It keeps outputting this:
code:
2011-03-08 16:22:14 E msg:Error opening port 8002 because Could not bind to :8002 because Address already in use
after I put in portbase=8001 It's not in use atm.
Old 9th March 2011, 08:36   #14
DrO

you've already got something running which is using the same port and so will not allow the server to access it.

to be honest, i cannot make heads or tails over what versions of things you're actually using as it keeps flipping between v1 and v2 tools. as for the DSP, just because it's at v2, if you set it to legacy mode (as i suggested at one point when it transpired you were using a v1 DNAS at that point).

so the best thing to do, is close all instances of any server that is running, decide exactly what versions of things you want to use (personally i'd go with the v2 tools than the to be deprecated v1 versions) and then start them one by one with one configuration file per server instance and go from there.

and with the DSP, you just enter the port to use as what is set in 'portbase' for either instance of the DNAS that you're wanting it to connect to as the DSP will work out the port it's actually got to use based on the legacy mode setting.

-daz
Old 9th March 2011, 18:27   #15
cjsnow1

Ok. I'll have to wait for 2 hours from now because I'm @ school right now. That's why we only have like two hours to talk.
Old 13th March 2011, 01:31   #16
cjsnow1

Re: Stream is up. Not in the yellowpages but don't care.

I forwarded my Port and the station Dropping Anchor Radio is now Live to the WORLD!
It is here:
HTML Code:
http://droppinganchor.uphero.com/
(Click Radio on the left.) or here:
HTML Code:
http://166.70.232.144:8002/listen.pls
Is it bad that Winamp is eating all my RAM?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
can't, connect, yp.shoutcast