Playlist problem with Japanese chars
Winamp 5.601 (Dec 6th, 2010)
Clean install, no 3rd-party skins or plugins
Language Pack: English
Skin: Bug occurs with Winamp Modern, but odds are with the others as well.
OS: Windows 7 Professional x64
Locale: English US
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850
I just recently downloaded a mp3 file that has Japanese characters in it and when I add it to a playlist and save it, the playlist doesn't save the name correctly.
Method of Reproduction:
1. Download any music/video file that has Japanese characters in it.
2. Add it to your playlist.
3. Save your playlist in m3u format.
4. Close Winamp.
5. Open your playlist in Winamp.
6. Files will now not play in Winamp since they were not saved correctly in the m3u playlist.
When I load the playlist in an external text editor, all that shows up on the line are ?'s where the Japanese characters should be.
example of what happens when saving the playlist:
01. 海賊戦隊ゴーカイジャー.mp3 > 01. ???????????.mp3
I don't know if this is a Windows problem, or a Winamp problem, or a combination of the two.
But doing some more digging, Windows Media player has no problems saving the file name correctly in wpl files. So, it seems it is a problem with Winamp.