Old 3rd April 2011, 06:14   #1
jecal22

Exclamation Android Wireless Desktop PC Sync Issue

I have a Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S with the latest Winamp app installed & Winamp 5.61 on my PC. Both PCs are on the same network. I am able to set up the initial wireless connection, select playlists, and sucessfully perform 1 or 2 syncs with 1 or 2 playlists. After this, the sync never completes. While all of the songs transfer sucesfully, the final step "Playlist syncronization" fails. Also, when this happens, some of the newly checked playlists will show up with none or only 1 song listed.

It seems to be an issue with generating the playlists on the device through the wireless connection, but I am not sure. One other thing I would like to add, is that when the sync stops at waiting, it never gives an error or a failure, it just sits at waiting... I have to manually kill winamp.exe and usually restart winamp on my phone to get the wireless sync active again. When I perform a sync again, some songs are picked up as not on my local drive and deleted and re-synced followed by the neverending playlist syncronization.

I really love this feature, as it completes my wireless syncronization between all of my PCs and devices very nicely. It also syncs new music from my phone to PC as well which is very slick. Just wish I could get the playlists to sync correctly. Will be happy to provide any additional information. So far, I have simply followed all of the steps for enabling wireless sync on the Winamp website, so there really are no other steps to perform to get the issue reproduced. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Josh
jecal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 06:23   #2
jecal22

Sorry, you may like the additional specs of my PC:

I'm using a HP Netbook Mini 110 running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 and the latest version of Winamp for PC and Winamp app for Droid.

My Epic 4G Galaxy S is running the latest Android 2.2.1 updated which was just re-released a few days ago.

And to re-itterate, my issue is not with wireless connection, as I am able to get my phone to show up on the PC; the issue is that the syncronization of playlist seems to fail either after a number of syncs or after adding multiple playlists.

As my last attempt to make things work, I deleted my Music folder from the Droid. Also deleted Winamp and all data from my phone. I then reinstalled the App, setup the wireless sync, and added a new playlist which synced properly. A resync says there were no changes. The playlist on the phone also showed up complete. I then added a 2nd playlist and synced with no problems and both playlists showing correctly on the phone. After recyncing, again, no changes. I then added 3 more playlists. All of the new songs uploaded with no issue, but at the playlist sync step it stuck on waiting. 2 of the new playlists uploaded, but had no songs on either one. All of the songs appear in Winamp. Closing winamp and restarting and resyncing resulted in 5 songs being "not in the local library" and deleted and 5 "same songs" being synced, followed again by stuck at Playlist sync waiting...

That's as detailed as I can get. Ask for more info.

Thanks!
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:13   #3
socram

I got another problem: Sync doesn't work at all. Every transfer fails when hitting the sync button via wifi. Plugging in the phone results in a Winamp-Crash. Sending Playlists via context menu works btw. I'm using a HTC Desire with MIUI 1.4.1 Android 2.3.3 Rom.
Anyone knows help?
socram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:35   #4
jecal22

In addition to the problem I have posted, it seems that there should be a time-out feature built into the sync. Today I added a new playlist of some musical tracks. No matter how many times I try, the songs will not transfer. I can add other songs to the playlist and they will sync, but when I get to the first musical song, it stops at "Connecting" and sits there. No error message ever comes up, no cancel button is available, attempting to Eject gets the message "Synchronization is in progress". It is irritating having to crash Winamp just to cancel a sync and never get an error message to go off of. I would have thought that a sync-error timeout would have been one of the first things added to help in bug reporting and error reporting.

So far, I have tried syncing my phone at least 20-30 times. I have deleted all music & playlists and apps from my phone three times now, and started from scratch. Everytime has ended up in the same results. Songs keep showing up as not in my local library, playlists do not sync properly, and now some songs (in MP3 format) will not sync at all with no error message.

Josh
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:38   #5
jecal22

Unfortunately, the wi-fi sync is not reliable enough for me to continue using it. I am beginning to end up with duplicate and having to delete and re-sync 5-30 songs everytime I try and sync. I also get duplicates added to my playlists, and improperly synced playlists. Although, unlike other people, my wi-fi connection to the device is perfect and reliable, the sync feature itself seems to be quite buggy and problematic.
Old 25th April 2011, 01:17   #6
ddraper

Sync was not ready for release

Syncing the latest 5.61 on Vista 64-bit to an HTC Thunderbolt with 2.2.1. An initial and obvious problem is that Android on the PC cannot identify files it just synced to the device. I can remove all files on the device, then start a sync. Eventually the sync will stop but there is no way to cancel so you just have kill Winamp and start over. Then reconnect with Wifi again and attempt a full sync again. The popup windows now shows most of the files is just synced to the device as "not in the PC library" and ask to delete them or leave alone. What? Sure enough it will attempt to resync the very files that just got transferred.

Come on guys...Winamp is a great app but you are not winning favor by releasing half-baked software. Winamp on the Android is really nice but don't release sync bofore its ready. The sync was simply not ready for release.

Find the manager who forced the software to be released, demote them and then find someone who knows how to QA software and put then in charge. We as users can handle bugs but this is way past that...no way to cancel or timeout, unable to recognize the files it just synced as already being on the device and I have not even gotten into the playlist issues. Sooooo disappointed. Moving on and will check back in a few months after the new QA manager has gotten the kinks worked out. Winamp rocks!
ddraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 00:06   #7
MethosFrost

I notice this thread hasn't seen activity in some time. I would like to know if anyone has noticed that this is still an ongoing issue.
MethosFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:05   #8
mb84

I have the same issues while syncing multiple playlists with my Samsung Galaxy S. These are about 10 playlist having varying number of songs (10 up to 150). Winamp freezes while syncing the playlists, only a partial, corrupt sync is done.

I tried to find the reason for this behavior and looked at the log of my Galaxy while syncing it to my playlists by using the “adb logcat” command on my win pc. There were two exceptions throw that seem to be causing this misbehavior.

First exception is thrown while connecting to android device:
code:
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): Writing exception to parcel
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: near "(": syntax error: , while compiling: SELECT * FROM audio WHERE (is_music = 1 (is_alarm IS NULL OR is_alarm = 0) AND (is_notification IS NULL OR is_notification = 0) AND (is_ringtone IS NULL OR is_ringtone = 0)AND NOT _data LIKE /system/media/audio/ui%)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCompiledSql.native_compile(Native Method)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCompiledSql.compile(SQLiteCompiledSql.java:92)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCompiledSql.<init>(SQLiteCompiledSql.java:65)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.<init>(SQLiteProgram.java:83)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.<init>(SQLiteQuery.java:49)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.query(SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.java:
53)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.rawQueryWithFactory(SQLiteDatabase.java:1438)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQueryBuilder.query(SQLiteQueryBuilder.java:351)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at com.android.providers.media.MediaProvider.query(MediaProvider.java:2034)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.bulkQuery(ContentProvider.java:186)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:134)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:320)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1803): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

Here a missing blank between closing bracket and the "AND" in the SQL statement may be the reason for the error.

Second exception is thrown multiple times while playlist syncing:
code:
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): Error occurred while handling client request.
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Exceeded maximum number of wifi locks
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at android.net.wifi.WifiManager$WifiLock.acquire(WifiManager.java:998)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at com.nullsoft.winamp.wifi.f.run(Unknown Source)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:444)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:306)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1088)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:581)
E/Wifi_SyncServer( 1772): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1027)

Android supports only 50 wifi locks at the same time. It seems that Winamp is trying to create more than 50 locks and exceeds the maximum number.

Could anyone please check if he sees the same exceptions in his log. If you don’t want to install ADB on your win pc you can use the app “aLogcat” from the android market directly on your phone.

Is there any Winamp admin / developer who could comment on these exceptions and tell us if this is the reason for our problems? Thank you!
mb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:11   #9
MadMitch

Angry Wireless sync on HTC sensation Android

This is so obviously still and ongoing issue as this happens with my HTC sensation. I am running winamp pro on both phone and PC. Win7 Pro 64bit on the PC and Gingerbread on the phone.

I'd rather use wireless as the one occasion it worked (the very first pairing) it transferred my albium art as well which in a lot of cases it doesn't for a USB connected phone sync
MadMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 02:03   #10
wgasa

i did origionally do a separate post because my problem is different to the original posters, but i do have a similar problem to jecal22 and ddraper. madmitch, what problem are you having? sensation user here too. there have been a couple of wifi related problems described here:

1. music sync, as ddraper put it " An initial and obvious problem is that Android on the PC cannot identify files it just synced to the device. I can remove all files on the device, then start a sync. Eventually the sync will stop but there is no way to cancel so you just have kill Winamp and start over. Then reconnect with Wifi again and attempt a full sync again. The popup windows now shows most of the files is just synced to the device as "not in the PC library" and ask to delete them or leave alone. What? Sure enough it will attempt to resync the very files that just got transferred."

2. playlist sync, as mb84 put it "I have the same issues while syncing multiple playlists with my Samsung Galaxy S. These are about 10 playlist having varying number of songs (10 up to 150). Winamp freezes while syncing the playlists, only a partial, corrupt sync is done."

my problem is 1, but as i don't have any playlists 2 can't really be an issue. however winamp on the pc is asking me to delete music from my phone, so i can't really get far enough to investigate 2. mb84, are you having problems with 1, or just 2? i'll have a play around with log at some point, don't have time now.

my original post:

have winamp (1.2.9) on my phone, (HTC Sensation, rooted) and winamp(5.622) on my laptop(win 7, 64x). i am trying to sync my music by wifi and it tells me that there are ~1600 songs on my phone that are not on my laptop (of ~4000) and the same number of songs on my laptop that are not on my phone. i'm assuming they're the same songs at this point. if i connect the phone by usb and sync it tells me they match up no problem, no changes needed. all the tracks are in mp3 format, although they do come from a variety of different sources, some ripped from cd, some downloaded, i can't particularyly see anything in common. i have tried letting winamp sync all music over wifi but the wifi connection will occasionally drop and it will want to delete some tracks, i've tried letting it delete the tracks and re-sync them (only a few over wifi, rest by cable, would take a day otherwise), problem persists. most of my actual music organisation is done by mediamonkey, but as they are very similar (to the point of having a winamp.exe in the mediamonkey install folder) i wouldn't have thought this would cause issues. seeing as how i installed winamp for the wifi sync it would be nice to have, however I've kept it since because of the constantly present play/pause buttons at the bottom of the screen. at a guess i'd say it's something to do with the tracks. any suggestions?
wgasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 04:31   #11
haines

I'm still having the issue with 5.623 on win 7 64-bit and the latest version on Android (Samsung Fascinate)....
haines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 17:21   #12
wgasa

so i been playing around with this, i've found a (partial) solution to the wifi sync problem, i'm down from having 1585 tracks wanting to be replaced on the wifi sync to 21. it's to do with the cd number. i think winamp is expecting something of the type "1/1", whereas all of my cd numbers were just "1". i've now removed all of the cd numbers, and winamp is now only wanting to replace 21 of the songs on my phone. progress! just not perfect...
wgasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android, multiple playlists, playlist sync, sync fail, wireless sync