Old 13th April 2011, 20:27   #1
Andover Anorak

Shoutcast Radio and TV

Firstly I am new to this forum.

I have been using Winamp on my computer for years and recently upgraded to the 5.61 latest version.
I cannot connect to the Shoutcast Radio or TV servers and keep getting the standard error message/code 0x800C0005 please try again.There is nothing wrong with my broadband internet connection and I have had no trouble before with these services.

I have downloaded latest version from Winamp site but hesitate to re-install as all my bookmarks may disappear.Quite a long list to lose.

Are there server problems at the moment or does anybody have a solution to this problem.
Thanks.
Andover Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 21:21   #2
DoUflow

Hi , i am a new comer and i am having a simular problem.
when i follow install instructions it tells me to go to preferences on winamp ,go tp DSP effects,then press on nullsoft 2.0.0 but i only see 2.1.1 and when i do that the winamp closes and when i pull it back up the shoutcast source is not there? so i cant connect to my voscast server. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
DoUflow.com
DoUflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 12:22   #3
Andover Anorak

Shoutcast Radio and TV

Having become totally fed up with these services returning server error codes
I removed all traces of Winamp from my computer and installed the latest version again.

Regret results still the same.Occassionly I can get the beta version of Shoutcast radio to show and if I am quick can switch to classic view which is what I want to use.

Totally unacceptable way to have to use Winamp!
Why cannot I link to servers with this new version?As stated before no problems with previous versions over many years use of Winamp.

Slowly putting my bookmarks back,the ones I can remember.

Come on anybody from Winamp reading this please help
Old 18th April 2011, 00:17   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Have you tried emptying your internet cache?
With Winamp closed, go to: Windows Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab > Delete button
and checkmark "Temporary Internet Files"
then click "Delete".
When cleared, close IE Options.

Reopen Winamp, right-click on Online Services in the Media Library tree and select "Restore default services".

SC Radio & TV should now work ok.

If you still get connection error messages then the only other thing I can think of is that either your firewall is blocking internet access to Winamp or one of media.winamp.com or o.aolcdn.com are being blocked via your Hosts file...

Oh, and yes, Classic SC views all the way!
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 19:26   #5
Andover Anorak

Shoutcast Radio And TV

Attention DJ Egg

Thankyou for responding to my problem.
Have tried clearing Internet Temp.Files as you suggest but
makes no difference.Can still load Shoutcast services from time to time
but not consistently without errors.Maybe once in ten attempts.

I have the normal Windows firewall and it makes no difference whether
Winamp is allowed as an exception or not.In any case always worked properly
in the past.

Not sure what you mean by host file blocking sites as this would have to be
recent event to suddenly cause my problem.I have run Norton Antivirus and
Spybot programmes along side Winamp for many years without difficulties.
Can you be more helpful in explaining what files/programmes I should check.

Here's hoping we can get to resolve this problem.

Finally would upgrading here to Mozilla Firefox 4.0 cause problem as this is the
only other software I have recently changed apart from Winamp 5.61

Thanks.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:26   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp Team

Hmm, if you can connect sometimes, then I doubt if it's anything to do with a modified Hosts file or Restricted Zones etc.

Firefox bears no relevance whatsoever. Winamp uses the Internet Explorer engine for all embedded html pages.

I guess it could have something to do with the currently ongoing maintenance work (see Announcement at the top of all forums).
If that's the case, then it will hopefully all be resolved soon/eventually....
What are the exact server error codes?
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 19:22   #7
Andover Anorak

Shoutcast Radio and TV

Attention D.J.Egg

Thanks for your reply.Already checked restricted sites in Internet Explorer and the ones you mentioned before are not included.Could not see any that mentioned AOL or Winamp.

Tried loading up Shoutcast radio in Winamp before reading your reply and it worked on the third attempt.Always loads as the Beta version and has the config box over the screen.I have to cancel this box and switch to classic view each time.Also the columns have to be re-sized across the Winamp screen.This has never happened before in older versions.Shoutcast will then work as long as my computer is on but when started at a later date the problem returns.

The message I get when Shoutcast will not load is on a blank screen saying your browser is unable to connect to server,check you are connected to the Internet.

Error code 0x800C0005 try again.

I must say I wondered if your moving things to new servers is the reason for problem
as in late March when you told another user that servers had been fixed for Shoutcast TV
both services did work here for about two days only.

It does seem odd to me but could current servers not be able to handle the demand placed on them?

Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 07:33   #8
FahKingNut

I have the same problem as Andover Anorak, except I can NEVER connect. Same error code and everything else.

I've tried the fixed you've recommended, but nothing happened.

Any more ideas?
FahKingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support