Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 16:52   #1
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

SHOUTcast Transcoder 2 Beta (Build 48) 07/07/2011

Presenting the latest BETA drop of the SHOUTcast Transcoder for broadcasters, developers and testers. This build is our latest GM release candidate and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous BETA builds.

This BETA release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions) (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit (*)
  • Mac OS X (Intel)
  • BSD 8.x (download will follow once some compatibility issues are resolved)
* These are newly supported versions of the transcoder as of this release.

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the transcoder from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:

Changes
  • Added prompt for configuration file to load if one is not specified or there is an error loading the configuration file in non-daemon / service mode
  • Added Configuration Builder (see config_builder folder) as a graphical way of making working configuration files (in combination with forum user thinktink)
  • Added 'nextlookahead' configuration option which allows control over the number of next tracks (if available) will be passed on in the stream's xml metadata (with support to get/set in the AJAX GetOptions api)
  • Added 'inheritconfig' configuration option which takes a DNAS configuration file and will setup the relevant passwords, etc (see docs for details)
  • Now ships in linux 64-bit - is identified as 'posix(linux x64)' with the 32-bit version now identified as 'posix(linux x86)'
  • Changed the AAC encoding libraries to now use the Fraunhofer AAC Codec
  • Changed the multi config options to now start at _1 instead of _0 to match the DNAS (any _0 options are noted on loading and will be ignored)
  • Changed default location of the log file on Windows installs to %temp%\sc_serv.log instead of c:\sc_serv.log (resolves some issues on Windows Vista / 7 and write permissions)
  • Changed the reported configuration file to be the base file loaded instead of the last included file if 'include' is used in the configuration files
  • Changed 'configrewrite=1' to not output 'include' on exit
  • Changed 'vuimagedirectory' default to be 'vuimages\' or 'vuimages/' for the OS being used
  • Changed the delimiter in file paths read from the configuration file and playlists to be converted to the correct format for the OS being used
  • Changed the default value of 'serverport' to be 8000 instead of 8010 so it matches against the DNAS to ease using the v2 tools together
  • Changed the xml metadata generated to check more of the read values so only complete tags will now be reported
  • Changed the coming and next song titles in the xml metadata to be 'artist - title' where possible from the media being played (as per SC2.0 protocol clarifications in March 2011)
  • Changed the rotate action to reset the 1 day delay until the next automatic rotation if a rotate is manually run
  • Changed 'displayMetadataPattern' to be '%R[ - ]%N' i.e. 'artist - title' so it matches with the SC protocol and client expected title formatting
  • Changed how the version of the Transcoder is reported to make it more like the DNAS as well as fixing it not being reported in some error response
  • Changed to no longer load if djport2 and djport are found to overlap i.e. when djport2 is the same as djport or djport+1
  • Removed 'aacformat' as only ADTS-AAC is a supported format for broadcasting
  • Removed support for raw '*.aac' and '*.aacp' files as input media (may return or be replaced by a more useful input media format e.g. *.m4a at some point)
  • Removed the 'testui' folder for the time being (may or may not return in a future version)
  • Fixed title metadata not being sent when re-connecting to any DNAS e.g. after a connection failure - note: for a v1 connection it can take up to 30 seconds after re-connection
  • Fixed some ID3v2 tag parsing issues leading to lockups / crashes or incorrect tag values being reported
  • Fixed to not allow known source media file extensions to be specified as the extension of a playlist file when processing playlists to load
  • Fixed DJ connections using the SHOUTcast 2 protocol not being saved when using the DJ archiving mode
  • Fixed an api dependency issue preventing this from running on Windows 2000
  • Fixed logging not working when passing certain invalid configuration files
  • Fixed 'include' not working with some relative file paths e.g. include=sc_trans_debug.conf when include=.\sc_trans_debug.conf worked
  • Fixed crash when a v1 DNAS goes away (connection failure, closed, etc) which also allows it to attempt to re-connect now
  • Fixed some config reading issues with non-consecutive encoder option identifiers
  • Updated documentation based on user feedback and related changes, minor other issues & changes made
  • Other miscellaneous code changes, crash fixes and improvments

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the transcoder then with this build you will need to make some changes to the configuration file otherwise it will not work the same as pre-upgrade.

The change needed is to move all of the multi options e.g. outprotocol from _0 to _1 with the number of the options e.g.

If you have the following on the left then they will need to be changed to what is shown on the right:

outprotocol_0=3 -> outprotocol_1=3
outprotocol_1=1 -> outprotocol_2=1

Otherwise there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in the 'docs' folder along with the example configuration files provided in this new version which should make it easier to get started.

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the transcoder, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

MP3 Broadcasting License

In order to unlock the MP3 broadcasting capabilities of this transcoder, you will need to purchase a MP3 license key. Click here to purchase.

Additional Information

Windows versions of the transcoder are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_trans is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_trans you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...d-3802b2af5fc2
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...4-157cfdffee4e

This new version has been tested on a number of current Linux versions (Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS) so should hopefully run on other versions as well and without any dependency or locale related issues (as affected prior versions).

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
-daz
Old 7th July 2011, 21:18   #2
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Just to make it extra clear (if not seen by the red changelog entries), this new version has changed the base number multi config options start at from _0 to now be _1 (like the DNAS does).

Also as the AAC encoding is now done by a different library, you may notice some slight differences in the audio (hopefully not but might be possible depending upon the bitrate and samplerate chosen for the stream).

-daz
Old 8th July 2011, 09:11   #3
audioprobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
[*]Fixed crash when a v1 DNAS goes away (connection failure, closed, etc) which also allows it to attempt to re-connect now
This was going to make my day, but it seems that support for a DJ streaming in AAC has been dropped: "2011-07-08 03:34:28 E msg:[DECODE] No DJ decoder for type aacp" Am I doing something wrong or is this intentional?

Also, the above message appears in the log approximately 20,648 times per second (not a typo...and yes I counted). After 8 minutes, the log grew to 452MB with 7,506,350 lines. I guess my only option is to revert to the previous build.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:29   #4
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

the only thing that was intentionally dropped with regards to AAC was the raw-reading of *.aac and *.aacp files as there wasn't time to convert over the decoder handling plus supporting something like *.m4a would be more appropriate as a media input format.

i had tested the new version with a DJ source using AAC and that never showed such an issue, so can you set down what you configuration is and if possibly pm me any related configuration files so i can try to reproduce with your settings. also what OS version are you using?

-daz
Old 8th July 2011, 12:28   #5
DaZilertaler

same problem here (Win7)

Old 8th July 2011, 17:08   #6
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

DaZilertaler: that's a really horrible screenshot to try to work from though it's just given me an idea (as you're using one of the Spatial tools...).

[edit]
reproduced the issue though it's going to take a while to get it fixed (dunno how i missed that).

-daz
Old 8th July 2011, 18:03   #7
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Trying to get this new version working on Ubuntu Linux 32bit

What is "mv: cannot move `/SHOUTcast2Test/sc2/playlist.lst' to `/export/home/friends/playlist/archived/': No such file or directory"? I never specified the directory "/export/home/friends/playlist/archived/" anywhere in my config. It pops up on my terminal after I started sc_trans while trying to specify playlists=/full/path/to/desired/folder

Also, playlist entries with absolute paths don't work at all. By looking at the playlistdebug output it looks like sc_trans is assuming everything is relative only. I really need those absolute paths back.

While this was going on I turned on playlistdebug trying to figure out wth was going on with my playlist and saw that [PLAYLISTMGR] also keeps trying to reference the non-existent path I never specified anywhere in my configs, "/export/home/friends/playlist/" even after kludging my playlist file to accommodate the absolute/relative paths bug.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:09   #8
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
What is "mv: cannot move `/SHOUTcast2Test/sc2/playlist.lst' to `/export/home/friends/playlist/archived/': No such file or directory"? I never specified the directory "/export/home/friends/playlist/archived/" anywhere in my config. It pops up on my terminal after I started sc_trans while trying to specify playlists=/full/path/to/desired/folder
that's the playlist archive folder and as i seem to have broken absolute path handling, that's the most likely cause of that issue. though probably a better default would make sense - am open to sensible suggestions for that (relates to the 'playlists' and 'archive' config options, and 'djbroadcasts' could also do with a saner path as well...).

Quote:
Also, playlist entries with absolute paths don't work at all. By looking at the playlistdebug output it looks like sc_trans is assuming everything is relative only. I really need those absolute paths back.
i know what's causing that and is related to some changes i made to make it simpler to move config files between OSes - it shouldn't have failed but obviously has.

Quote:
While this was going on I turned on playlistdebug trying to figure out wth was going on with my playlist and saw that [PLAYLISTMGR] also keeps trying to reference the non-existent path I never specified anywhere in my configs, "/export/home/friends/playlist/" even after kludging my playlist file to accommodate the absolute/relative paths bug.
that would most likely be related to my prior comment.

oh well, that's my weekend gone due to my incompetence, yay

-daz
Old 8th July 2011, 18:30   #9
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...am open to sensible suggestions for that (relates to the 'playlists' and 'archive' config options, and 'djbroadcasts' could also do with a saner path as well...).
simple=sane: If it were me I would just make the defaults to be a relative path of the base path+[name of option], ie. ./djbroadcasts ./archive ./playlists unless it conflicts with a mindfully set previous default to try to keep from breaking (further) previous installs.

Quote:
i know what's causing that and is related to some changes i made to make it simpler to move config files between OSes - it shouldn't have failed but obviously has.

that would most likely be related to my prior comment.

oh well, that's my weekend gone due to my incompetence, yay

-daz
Yikes, I wouldn't say that. I've probably done worse elsewheres...
Old 10th July 2011, 02:02   #10
Rothgar

Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar
Hey Daz,

This release wouldn't have made "stream titles" multi would it?

Dawgclan Network
Genre: Rap/Hip-Hop
http://www.dawgclan.net
Old 10th July 2011, 09:27   #11
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Rothgar: it hasn't, was meant to be done by now but never managed to change things over.and i've a feeling i've probably left in the pre-release handling of it in the config builder... yup looks like it

[edit]
have disabled the 'title' part for the config builder for the time being so just 'streamtitle' is the only option at the moment. will implement 'title' for transcoder config groups in a future version, just not for this one as is mainly for fixing the AAC DJ + relay support which is borked.

-daz
Old 10th July 2011, 14:04   #12
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
reproduced the issue though it's going to take a while to get it fixed (dunno how i missed that).
have just got the Windows version updated to now accept AAC DJ and relay connections (as it all goes through the same code) so if anyone wants to try that out then please say so as i'd like to get confirmation before a new version is released. am now off to see how things work with the non-Windows versions (linux x86 being the first target).

Quote:
simple=sane: If it were me I would just make the defaults to be a relative path of the base path+[name of option], ie. ./djbroadcasts ./archive ./playlists unless it conflicts with a mindfully set previous default to try to keep from breaking (further) previous installs.
as we're still 'beta' i think for such things it's not going to be too much of an issue if defaults are sanitised on all platforms (not keen on the Windows ones trying to use C:\<folder> anyway) so will probably change all to try to use relative paths where possible.

-daz
Old 10th July 2011, 19:13   #13
DaZilertaler

I would like to try DrO
Old 10th July 2011, 21:49   #14
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

DaZilertaler & thinktink: pm's sent with links to test builds (win32 and linux86 respectively).

-daz
Old 10th July 2011, 23:42   #15
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
DaZilertaler & thinktink: pm's sent with links to test builds (win32 and linux86 respectively).

-daz
Tested and PM sent.
Old 11th July 2011, 00:26   #16
lyov

Hello Dro,

with new version I get this error, but on previews version works fine

2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Caching playlist playlists/ilm.lst
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Streaming thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[SOURCERELAY] Thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Playlist decoder thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[RGCALC] Thread running
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[DECODE] Giving replay gain calculator a head start
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[DECODE] Begin decoding
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9000
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] SHOUTcast 2 receiver thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 8501
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Broadcast Receiver thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Deactivating playlist=ilm id=-1
2011-07-11 05:27:12 W msg:[DECODE] Playlist is empty
Old 11th July 2011, 00:30   #17
thinktink
Forum King

@lyov: It's the same issue as is currently being discussed in this thread at the moment. DrO is already working on it. Please either use the previous version or wait for the new one to come out.
Old 11th July 2011, 08:02   #18
maksimilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyov View Post
Hello Dro,

with new version I get this error, but on previews version works fine

2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Caching playlist playlists/ilm.lst
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Streaming thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[SOURCERELAY] Thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Playlist decoder thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[RGCALC] Thread running
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[DECODE] Giving replay gain calculator a head start
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[DECODE] Begin decoding
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9000
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] SHOUTcast 2 receiver thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 8501
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[MAIN] Broadcast Receiver thread starting
2011-07-11 05:27:10 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Deactivating playlist=ilm id=-1
2011-07-11 05:27:12 W msg:[DECODE] Playlist is empty
got same problem, renamed config file and now it works, no idea why)
Old 11th July 2011, 08:29   #19
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimilian View Post
got same problem, renamed config file and now it works, no idea why)
Quote:
It's the same issue as is currently being discussed in this thread at the moment. DrO is already working on it. Please either use the previous version or wait for the new one to come out.
-daz
Old 11th July 2011, 08:34   #20
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

as an update on things, DaZilertaler & thinktink have confirmed that AAC DJ connections work (*) and thinktink has also confirmed the playlist loading issue is resolved (which is what lyov & maksimilian have post / re-quoted) and that issue only affects non-Windows versions.

(*) there are some issues with v1 DJ connections which is pretty much the issues people have been reporting before which i've now got properly reproduced - is where the Transcoder to DNAS connection will just appear to randomly drop and then a load of data arrived too fast messages appear (this message stems from the connection drop and is not the cause of the drop - looks more to be in the v1 title handling based on the 14hrs i've spent working / testing the fixes yesterday).

am seeing if i can get that resolved today though i'll add that really the best way is to use a v2 DJ connection if at all possible as that was never giving me such issues even when running the Transcoder from a resource restricted VM to a separate machine to try to replicate more of a real-world scenario.

-daz
Old 13th July 2011, 11:52   #21
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

there is no eta as an update will only happen when it is ready (which is not now as there's stability issues with AAC DJ input that i'm still working on). and your posts seem very much bryan007, pokemons, digimon23 to name just a few... which i hope is not the case seeing as there is a life-time ban in place...

-daz
Old 13th July 2011, 15:43   #22
LuxZg

Hi DrO!

I've been using sc_serv+sc_trans on Win Server in double instances (2 streams) for a while now, and it all worked ok. Now we've switched the hardware and in process went to 64bit Debian linux for this music server. And now sc_serv is crashing a lot :/ That's with previous beta version of sc_trans and currently latest beta of sc_serv for linux. There was some error of "can't output to console" so I've put output to = 0, and now it just simply exists after few hours, with no trace in log file.

Anyway, back to the topic - I wanted to try with new beta of sc_trans but by the bugs above it seems even worse and I'm kinda reluctant I see you've got newer build, but you're unwilling to share it because of DJ connector issues. But we don't use DJ-ing at all, it's just pure fixed-playlist streaming. So if you're ok with it, I wouldn't mind trying that internal build.
Oh, and importantly.. currently we're using 32bit linux binaries of both sc_serv & sc_trans because 32+64bit gave us troubles, so I guess 32bit of sc_trans would still be a safer bet..

If not, it's ok.. we'll just have to go back to Windows I guess.. :/
Old 13th July 2011, 16:03   #23
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

LuxZg: the changes only affect the AAC DJ support so i don't think it'd be of much use to be using the test build especially if you're saying it's the DNAS which is crashing?

so it sounds more like you've got files with non-english characters in them maybe? providing some sort of logs (should still be generated unless it's all logging you've disabled instead of just screen output) / extra details would make it a bit easier to work out to determine where the issue and what needs to be tested / worked on.

-daz
Old 14th July 2011, 05:46   #24
neXor

Hi there, (maybe) got another issue.

i set up my sc_trans and tried to start it. whe logging to screen is turned off, it kept crashing all the time ("...has to be closed" and so on)
Because i'm trying to run it on WIN7 64bit, i tried to install the c++ package, but that didnt change anything...

I'm trying to connect to a Shoutcast 1 (legacy?) server.

on screenlogging enabled (and in the logs) it's like this:
first normal loding, no errors nor warnings... and than it becommes stuck in a loop or sth.
Quote:
2011-07-14 07:31:48 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is C:\_Work\Radio\[--Mittelalter Folk Celtic--]\Schandmaul\Sinnfonie (CD3)\01 - Frei - Schandmaul - Sinnfonie (CD3).mp3
2011-07-14 07:31:48 I msg:[MAIN] Broadcast Receiver thread starting
2011-07-14 07:31:48 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=298, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:48 I msg:[DECODE] 01 - Frei - Schandmaul - Sinnfonie (CD3).mp3::12447997::311.2
2011-07-14 07:31:48 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=298, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:50 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 41 eof
2011-07-14 07:31:50 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is C:\_Work\Radio\[--Mittelalter Folk Celtic--]\_-Various\Mittelalter Party 1\Mittelalter Party Vol. I\07 - Subway to Sally - Niemals - Mittelalter Party - Mittelalter Party Vol. I.mp3
2011-07-14 07:31:50 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:51 I msg:[DECODE] 07 - Subway to Sally - Niemals - Mittelalter Party - Mittelalter Party Vol. I.mp3::10349842::258.746
2011-07-14 07:31:51 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:53 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 6334 eof
2011-07-14 07:31:53 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is C:\_Work\Radio\[--Mittelalter Folk Celtic--]\loreena mckennitt\loreena mckennitt - to drive the cold winter away\09_-_the_stockford_carol.mp3
2011-07-14 07:31:53 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=259, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:53 I msg:[DECODE] 09_-_the_stockford_carol.mp3::4516595::188.191
2011-07-14 07:31:53 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=259, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-14 07:31:54 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 19169 eof
it goes on for a while (about 10 sec) and than crashes.

it looks like sc_trans tryes to load a new track every few seconds...
the next problem is, it doesnt even try to connect to the server given.

hope it is not as much work, as you are still into....
best wished and thanks in advance
neXor
Old 14th July 2011, 06:42   #25
LuxZg

Quote:
LuxZg: the changes only affect the AAC DJ support so i don't think it'd be of much use to be using the test build especially if you're saying it's the DNAS which is crashing?

so it sounds more like you've got files with non-english characters in them maybe? providing some sort of logs (should still be generated unless it's all logging you've disabled instead of just screen output) / extra details would make it a bit easier to work out to determine where the issue and what needs to be tested / worked on.

-daz
Ok, thanks for info. Could be non-eng characters, I'll check that.. if not than I'll try public beta or whatever.. Thanks for your time!
Old 14th July 2011, 08:26   #26
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

neXor: can you please run it with all debug options enabled (should be able to just add include=sc_trans_debug.conf to your config file) and then email me the log created - address is from my site linked from my signature below.

LuxZg:if you can check that out then that would be good (the sooner the better if possible so i can sort out a test build of the dnas for you to try as i'm trying to finish off a new dnas release for the end of the week).

-daz
Old 14th July 2011, 09:22   #27
LuxZg

Quote:
LuxZg:if you can check that out then that would be good (the sooner the better if possible so i can sort out a test build of the dnas for you to try as i'm trying to finish off a new dnas release for the end of the week).

-daz
We've tested, and found files that contain special characters in ID3 tags that made sc_serv crash once sc_trans sends the info to it. As much as we've found out it's "DLE (Data Link Escape)" special character. We've currently solved it by removing ALL ID3 tags from ALL mp3 files as this is internal stream, and it's not important to see what's being played at the moment.

Tested on the files that were confirmed as problematic, and it worked, now we get file name instead of full ID3 info in player, which is more than enough.

It would be great though if sc_trans checked for such special characters which can crash the DNAS, both in file name and ID3 tags, and ignoring them before forwarding data to sc_serv.

Weird thing is - we didn't have problem with it at all on Windows server with same versions of sc_serv/sc_trans..

Oh, and good news about new DNAS build coming, looking forward to it!

P.S. If needed I can send you one file that is 100% confirmed to crash sc_serv, if you need it for internal testing..
Old 14th July 2011, 09:39   #28
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

if you can email me the file (address is on my site in my signature) then i can check if it still is a problem with the newer DNAS (where the problem is - related to some changes in handling such titles which affects the last few public builds) as the transcoder is doing things correctly to my knowledge (and based on what i've had back).

there's slight differences in how things run between the Windows and non-Windows versions (not intentional but happens when using different build tools, etc) which generally seems to cause most of the quirks to arise on the non-Windows versions.

-daz
Old 14th July 2011, 11:07   #29
LuxZg

Ok, sent.. do your magic Thanks!
Old 14th July 2011, 18:26   #30
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

LuxZg: thanks for the test files. am in two minds on what to do i.e. make the DNAS allow such characters or fix the Transcoder and Source DSP (which also causes the same issue) to strip out such characters from the title information - fixing the Transcoder and Source DSP seems the better option i think (only then leaves issues from 3rd party sources to the DNAS but would be better if they're updated as well, heh).

-daz
Old 15th July 2011, 12:56   #31
LuxZg

I'm leaning to the idea of Transcoder eliminating such characters.. As early as possible in the chain of events. Which would probably be filtering those characters right after reading them from the file itself...
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:02   #32
Desbrina

i'm having a similar problem as neXor.
Starts up fine, loads its main playlist, then tries to load a new song every second or so.

Doesn't crash though, just keeps going. Its running on Win7 64bit
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:11   #33
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

i've not been able to reproduce neXor's issue (though i've not had a proper chance to go through the information which was emailed). all i can assume at the moment is maybe it's something with the playlist handling (something i've tinkered with again) but it's lower on the list of what i'm trying to get sorted out for a new drop.

-daz
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:36   #34
aMUSiC

I can confirm that I have bumped onto NeXor's issue as well. I have tried multiple configuration and placements of the playlist files. The server will fire up, find the playlist file allright (the playlist file includes two folders full of mp3's with a folder/*.mp3 entry).

After that transcoder moves the playlist file to the playlist archive folder (deletes the .lst file from the original playlist folder, which is a nuisance as I have to copy the playlist files again back to the playlist folder the next time I want to start the transcoder).

Now, from the looks of it, once the transcoder starts, it goes into playlist mode (as expected), finds and loads all the mp3s in the playlist, but when it tries to decode/encode them it seems that it somehow fails on the encoding, or encodes a second or two of those, then moves on to the next mp3 in the playlist. After a few mp3's (5 or 6 can't remember, but it's always the same number) the transcoder crashes with a segmentation fault. It also appears that the transcoder does not attempt to connect to the DNAs at all when this is happening. This is happening on the 64bit version running on an i7 based ubuntu x64 system.

The second issue that is also pretty serious is the change of the multi numbering in respect to dj information. If there is a dj_0 the server complains about this being deprecated, so it starts parsing the djs from dj_1. However if you have writeconfig enabled (which I do since I'm managing dj access through the AJAX api), once you terminate the transcoder, writeconfig writes the existing dj information starting from dj_0. Which means that the next time the transcoder starts, it ignores dj_0 and loads up from dj_1 on. In the end, each time you stop and start the server, one of the djs gets lost.

I suppose someone forgot to change the dj writeconfig for loop from 0 to 1 =P
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:24   #35
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMUSiC View Post
After that transcoder moves the playlist file to the playlist archive folder (deletes the .lst file from the original playlist folder, which is a nuisance as I have to copy the playlist files again back to the playlist folder the next time I want to start the transcoder).
i've changed the defaults for the next release to assume a folder 'priority' relative to the sc_trans program file is where priority playlists are to be taken from instead of what was the default beforehand.

Quote:
After a few mp3's (5 or 6 can't remember, but it's always the same number) the transcoder crashes with a segmentation fault. It also appears that the transcoder does not attempt to connect to the DNAs at all when this is happening. This is happening on the 64bit version running on an i7 based ubuntu x64 system.
i assume you're using MP3 decoding when that happens? otherwise the other people reporting the playlist issue have been using Windows and not the linux version so it could be anything causing it *joy*

Quote:
I suppose someone forgot to change the dj writeconfig for loop from 0 to 1 =P
i believe i've already fixed this though will double-check when i get a chance.

-daz
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:28   #36
aMUSiC

Quote:
i assume you're using MP3 decoding when that happens? otherwise the other people reporting the playlist issue have been using Windows and not the linux version so it could be anything causing it *joy*
That is correct. mp3 decoding is what I use, however I'm encoding to two endpoints, one of which is aacp (the other being mp3).

Here is the logfile. I'm not sure if it's helpful though =/

Quote:
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:<***> Logger startup
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:<***> version 2.0.0.48
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:<***>
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:***************************************************************
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:** TRANScast Distributed Network Audio Content Provider
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:** Copyright (C) 2000-2011 Nullsoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:** Use "sc_trans filename.conf" to specify a config file.
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:***************************************************************
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[TRANSCast] DNAS/posix(linux x64) v2.0.0.48 (Jul 7 2011) starting up...
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] PID: 13881
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] Loaded config from siradio.conf
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] TimeMultiplier = 1, TimeShift = 0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[CALENDARMGR] Adding DJ event m_djName=aMUSiC m_archive=0 m_id=1 m_startDate=year:0,mon:0,mday:0,hour:0,min:0,sec:0,isdst:0,wday:0,yday:0 m_endDate=year:0,mon:0,mday:0,hour:0,min:0,sec:0,isdst:0,wday:0,yday:0 m_duration=0 m_timeOffset=year:0,mon:7214352,mday:0,hour:7214320,min:0,sec:7634592,isdst:0,wday:0,yday:0 m_hasStartDate=0 m_hasEndDate=0 m_hasDuration=0 m_hasTimeOffset=0 m_repeat=0

---8<--- SNIP... The rest of djs added as events

2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[VUPUSH] 101 VU images loaded
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[VUPUSH] 101 VU images loaded
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Registering playlist main:playlists/main.lst : 0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist registry
name:main path:playlists/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Activating playlist=main id=-1 loop=1 prior=0 shuffle=1 dur=0 curt=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist load from file playlists/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Root path is playlists/
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Relative path expanded to playlists/../music/*.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] New entry ./playlists/../music/Drumhead - Symbol.mp3

---8<--- SNIP... The rest of mp3s added as entries

2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Relative path expanded to playlists/../music/Rock/*.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] New entry ./playlists/../music/Rock/Tool - Schism.mp3

2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist queue:
name:main priority:0 loop:1 shuffle:1 id:-1 stop:0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[DJMGR] DJ Information
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[DJMGR] aMUSiC - L:aMUSiC P:**** R:10 B:0 E:0 C:0

---8<--- SNIP... The rest of djs listed as dj information

2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] Streaming thread starting
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] Playlist decoder thread starting
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9005
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[SOURCERELAY] Thread starting
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] SHOUTcast 2 receiver thread starting
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9001
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[MAIN] Broadcast Receiver thread starting
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[DECODE] Giving replay gain calculator a head start
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[RGCALC] Thread running
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[DECODE] Begin decoding
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Priority playlist found - playlists/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Installing priority playlist plarchive/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Registering playlist main_1946546074:plarchive/main.lst : 0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist registry
name:main path:playlists/main.lst
name:main_1946546074 path:plarchive/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Activating playlist=main_1946546074 id=-2 loop=0 prior=101 shuffle=0 dur=0 curt=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist load from file plarchive/main.lst
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Root path is plarchive/
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Relative path expanded to plarchive/../music/*.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] New entry ./plarchive/../music/Drumhead - Symbol.mp3

2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Relative path expanded to plarchive/../music/Rock/*.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] New entry ./plarchive/../music/Rock/Tool - Schism.mp3

2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
2011-07-18 12:29:03 D msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist queue:
name:main_1946546074 priority:101 loop:0 shuffle:0 id:-2 stop:0
name:main priority:0 loop:1 shuffle:1 id:-1 stop:0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Faith no More - Stripsearch.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=5689, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[DECODE] Faith no More - Stripsearch.mp3::6479539::269.981
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=5689, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:03 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:04 D msg:[DJMGR] DJ `aMUSiC' enabled. Archive flag is false

---8<--- SNIP... The rest of djs enabled

2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 919750076 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/ATB - My Everything.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[DECODE] ATB - My Everything.mp3::8262146::516.384
2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:05 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1328135251 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Ben Sage - Just a Minute.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[DECODE] Ben Sage - Just a Minute.mp3::7804164::487.76
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:06 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 213979747 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Drumhead - Symbol.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[DECODE] Drumhead - Symbol.mp3::6816206::284.009
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2038, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:08 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1861428375 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Apollo 440 - Stealth Mass in f#m.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[DECODE] Apollo 440 - Stealth Mass in f#m.mp3::6335843::395.99
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:10 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 926518022 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Infected Mushroom - Smashing The Opponent (feat Jonathan Davis).mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[DECODE] Infected Mushroom - Smashing The Opponent (feat Jonathan Davis).mp3::6267317::391.707
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:12 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1705550740 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Recoil - Shunt.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[DECODE] Recoil - Shunt.mp3::11779322::736.208
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=1123, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:13 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 318784684 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Recoil - Breath control.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[DECODE] Recoil - Breath control.mp3::12863175::401.974
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:15 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1208209970 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Buck Cherry - Crazy Bitch.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[DECODE] Buck Cherry - Crazy Bitch.mp3::6312808::394.55
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2327, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:18 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1934520836 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/DJ Madwave - Control Your Mind (Radio Edit).mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[DECODE] DJ Madwave - Control Your Mind (Radio Edit).mp3::9984127::249.603
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=2463, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:19 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 1758325970 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Innerpartysystem - This Empty Love.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[DECODE] Innerpartysystem - This Empty Love.mp3::4661498::291.344
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:20 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[MP3 DECODE] 586521941 eof
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is ./plarchive/../music/Nine Inch Nails - The Mark Has Been Made.mp3
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[DECODE] Nine Inch Nails - The Mark Has Been Made.mp3::5044767::315.298
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 4.0, tagsize=22, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
2011-07-18 12:29:22 I msg:[ID3V2] Version 3.0, tagsize=4086, unsync=0, xheader=0
And this is when the logger stops logging and the server producing a segmentation fault.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:47   #37
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

neXor / aMUSiC / Desbrina: i think i've found what is causing the issue for you so i'll be sending out appropriate test builds later today to see if the issue is / isn't resolved.
[edit]
emails / pm's have been sent as applicable now.

-daz
Old 27th July 2011, 08:04   #38
Desbrina

so far so good, i've not run into any problems yet, its all broadcasting fine. Only started testing it this morning though
Old 27th July 2011, 09:08   #39
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

that just leaves aMUSiC to confirm things as neXor and LuxZg (as it turns out it was the same issue) have confirmed it works ok though there might be a bug else where as both have experienced segfaults after a while of use that is being looked into.

so depending on aMUSiC's response and how i progress on the other issues remaining, we may be looking at a release this week (if not it'll be somewhere around the 2nd week of August).

[edit 28/07/2011]
aMUSiC has just confirmed the fixes and a few other things (still need to verify the 0th DJ issue, just then leaves the AAC DJ support which i'm testing against a newer version of the AAC Encoder library at the moment to see if that resolves some of the issues i've been seeing.

-daz
Old 29th July 2011, 12:37   #40
Desbrina

not ure if its been reported but i'm getting the transcoder dropping out on a particular playlist after loading it

the trancoders log states
Quote:
2011-07-28 15:00:00 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Playlist load from file C:\SHOUTcast\playlists\random.lst
2011-07-28 15:00:00 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Load complete
2011-07-28 15:00:01 I msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] Deactivating playlist=main id=8
2011-07-28 15:00:40 I msg:[DECODE] Next file is C:\SHOUTcast\music\newmusic\18_Celtic_Woman_-_Spanish_Lady__(Live_From_Slane_Castle)_(The_Greatest_Journey-_Essential_Collection).mp3
and the servers log has
Quote:
2011-07-28 15:00:44 E msg:[SRC 127.0.0.1:52627 sid=1] Socket error while waiting for data. err=Connection reset by peer.(10054)
it doesn't reconnect, i have to restart the trancoder for it to work
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions