Old 25th July 2011, 15:23   #1
DrO
Winamp Team

SHOUTcast DNAS 2 (Build 29) 07/31/2011

This build is our latest GM release candidate and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous RC builds.

This release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
  • Mac OS X (Intel)
  • BSD 8.x

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:
Changes

Build 29 (07/31/2011):
  • Changed SHOUTcast 2 client header to show the DNAS's actual version instead of just 'SHOUTcast 2.0'
  • Fixed SHOUTcast 2 compatible clients only allowed to connect as a SHOUTcast 1 client (build 27 / 28 specific)
  • Fixed more config files being shown than allowed on non-Windows versions when no configuration file specified

Build 28 (07/25/2011):
  • Added listen.asx to the /listen* playlist options available (so now pls, m3u and asx are available on a stream)
  • Added detection of sc_serv.ini if no configuration file was passed on loading (detects v1 configuration files)
  • Added 'type=xml' parameter to the 'updinfo' action to allow for v2 style XML metadata titles to be manually done
  • Changed streampath handling to allow '/' to be used again (was disabled in build 27)
  • Fixed kicking of listeners failing to respond / taking multiple attempts to react
  • Other miscellaneous code changes, improvments and related documentation updates
  • Everything else listed since the first v2 beta release (build 7)

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'docs\getting_started.txt' along with the example configuration files provided in this new version which should make it easier to get started. Alternatively you should consider looking at the configuration builder which is included in the 'config_builder' folder.

Finally, all copies of the documentation can also be found online at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues.

Known Issues

The following are known issues with the v2 DNAS raised in previous releases but not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
  1. If the external IP is bound to a different device than the primary on the machine then the server will not work as expected (e.g. eth1 instead of eth0). This can cause the YP to fail to see the stream correctly even when destip has been correctly specified with it usually testing against the main IP of the machine. This is fixed for the next public release.
  2. Listing a relayed stream when using the YP2 mode is known to not work and will return a 474 error code from the attempt to connect to the YP. Setting the server as non-public or using the v2 DNAS in legacy mode (yp2=0) will allow the stream to be listed but means you lose all of the YP2 features. This is fixed.
  3. Some characters in titles (usually below ascii value 32) will cause the DNAS to drop the source connection as the title is processed. This will not be changed in the DNAS and will instead require sources to ensure they send titles without invalid titles. The Transcoder and Source DSP will be receiving these updates soon.
  4. On non-windows versions, it is possible for the DNAS to crash with a segfault due to invalid or corrupted metadata updates. This is fixed for the next public release.
  5. Depending on the platform version used, the realistic upper limit of client connections is currently ~300 before the DNAS begins to struggle & / or crash randomly. It is recommended to set maxuser=300 and use an additional DNAS / relay if you want to serve the stream to more listeners. This is fixed for the next public release.
  6. Some client connections (predominantly those using the RTMP protocol) can cause the DNAS to crash due to incomplete handling in the DNAS of this protocol. The only solution is to determine the IP address of the connection and ensure it is saved to the DNAS's ban list or attempt to add it to the system's firewall for inbound connections not allowed (depending on the OS being used). This is fixed for the next public release.
  7. When using a v1 source connection and setting the DNAS to be listed, in some cases the now playing information will not appear on the site's listing and will just show 'Now Playing:'. This is fixed for the next public release.
  8. The w3c log output does not contain the appropriate header values and can also output blank lines in-between the lines in the files' output. This is fixed for the next public release.
  9. The in-stream metadata as well as intro files (if specified) will cause issues with some flash player implementations leading to the stream stuttering when played back such as once the intro file has been played. This primarily comes from how the intro file works and most flash player implementations not coping with variations in the mp3 stream data compared to dedicated media players which can re-sync to the stream data correctly. This is partially fixed for the next public release.
  10. Some configurations will appear to loose the authhash which has been specified for a stream or the authhash is generated and not recognised. This is due to the streamid configuration option not being correctly written to the configuration file by the DNAS. See http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....79532#remember on what is need to resolve this issue with the current release. This is fixed for the next public release.
  11. Non-Windows builds can terminate when receiving a metadata update from the source where it contains characters in the range of 128 to 160 with an error like the following shown:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    what(): XML parser error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 3

The work around is to remove those characters from the file tags or disable metadata updates or use a source which strips those character codes for you or use the Windows version of the DNAS. This is fixed for the next public release.
  12. If a / is not specified at the start of a streampath entry e.g. streampath_1=stream instead of streampath_1=/stream then the DNAS will only provide the first stream running on the server. This is fixed for the next public release.
  13. If running the DNAS in the Program Files folder on Windows and you do not have write access to the folder (e.g. due to UAC on Vista and higher), when selecting a config file on the command-line the DNAS may crash. The workaround is to run the DNAS in a different folder which has write permissions or specify the configuration file to use directly (drag + drop the config file onto sc_serv.exe or create a batch file e.g. sc_serv sc_serv.conf and run that). This is fixed for the next public release.

Additional Information

Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5582
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=2092

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads
-daz
Old 29th July 2011, 15:58   #2
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Amazing milestone! This is essentially our GM / release build. This is the result of more than 1.5 years of hard work! The work continues but this is our 2.0 GM release.

Awesome work Darren and thanks to countless beta testers for sending in bug reports and being patient thru the months... Hope your patience pays off in what is a great release.

Cheers
f.
Old 31st July 2011, 10:53   #3
DrO
Winamp Team

quick update of the build available (now at build 29) to resolve an issue found over the weekend by DaWolfey (see the build 28 thread for more details). otherwise enjoy!

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
Old 1st August 2011, 16:33   #4
DaWolfey

I can confirm that the winamp always connecting as shoutcast1 bug is fixed.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:25   #5
DigiBC

The latest build 29 seems to work well!
(I'm using the 64-bit version with Windows 7.)

However, I've discovered an issue when using the (new) "Playing Artwork" option with the Winamp DSP Plug-in v2.2.3.
When enabled each track change causes audible desyncs at the beginning of the new track - no matter if I use Windows Media Player v12 or Winamp v5.621 as client software. Winamp also displays a high number of desyncs. (As expected no problems with "Stream Artwork".)

My source audio files (FLAC) contain 256 x 256 px artwork (JPG), the SHOUTcast stream is AAC LC at 128 kbps.

Any idea...?
Old 8th August 2011, 12:45   #6
DrO
Winamp Team

DigiBC: artwork of that size shouldn't even be sent to the DNAS so shouldn't be leading to any issues like that happening. especially as WMP12 is a v1 client whereas Winamp 5.621 is acting as a v2 client so it seems a bit weird - i'd have possibly expected it when played in Winamp but not WMP. will look into it though sounds like it's probably the issue with the DSP thinktink's been seeing for a while which i've not been able to reproduce.

-daz

Old 8th August 2011, 23:31   #7
DaWolfey

There is a bug when using this build and Shoutcast 2 clients together, but there are several variables I am not sure of - but I can tell you this for sure.

If you use ices0.4 (which uses the Shoutcast 1 protocol) as the Source, and stream a song with UTF8 tags to DNAS 2, if you have a Shoutcast 2 Client two things happen:

1. The artist/title display is messed up
2. When the client disconnects, DNAS crashes.
DNAS debug log:
Quote:
2011-08-09 00:28:53 I msg:[DST 192.168.202.10:59654 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection accepted. WinampMPEG/5.62, Ultravox/2.1
2011-08-09 00:28:53 D msg:state_InitiateStream
2011-08-09 00:28:53 D msg:resetReadPtr readPtr=97116 amt=4103
2011-08-09 00:28:53 D msg:state_InitiateStream sending metadata Z9<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<metadata>
<TIT2>¸ýqÎD (·ë¯íüÉ{1) - HVn^kHð~ØÏ [blame user]</TIT2>
</metadata>

2011-08-09 00:28:53 D msg:state_SendCachedMetadata
terminate called after throwing an instance of '2011-08-09 00:29:00 E msg:[DST 192.168.202.10:59654 sid=1] Socket error while waiting to send data. err=Broken pipe(32)
2011-08-09 00:29:00 D msg:[THREADRUNNER] Removing protocol_shoutcast2Client from thread 0
2011-08-09 00:29:00 D msg:~protocol_shoutcast2Client
2011-08-09 00:29:00 I msg:[DST 192.168.202.10:59654 sid=1] SHOUTcast 2 client connection closed (7 seconds) [Bytes: 114884] Agent: `WinampMPEG/5.62, Ultravox/2.1'
2011-08-09 00:29:00 D msg:[STATS] System wide client total now 0
std::runtime_error'
what(): XML parser error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 3
Aborted
A Shoutcast 1 client (Foobar in this case) doesn't crash on disconnect, but the artist/title display is also messed up.

Also, if the Source is the Transcoder (build 51 tested), DNAS doesn't crash on either version client. (but the tags are messed up)

Last edited by DaWolfey; 8th August 2011 at 23:56. Reason: more info
Old 9th August 2011, 00:06   #8
DigiBC

@DrO:

According to the notes of the DSP the filesize of artwork is restricted to 511 KB.
I would assume that filesize is more relevant than the actual resolution of the embedded pictures.

The FLAC files I've tested so far contain artwork which is less than 75 KB (JPG) or 170 KB (PNG). So that's well below the mentioned limit.
The artwork is displayed without problems when I access the admin pages of the DNAS in "artwork mode" (admin.cgi?sid=#&mode=art&art=playing). Still it's not showing in Winamp v5.621; maybe the artwork feature isn't implemented yet...

I will do some more tests with different configurations, filesizes and bitrates. Also AAC and MP3 streams may show a different behaviour...

Anyway, I wonder if I will actually use the neat artwork feature if there will remain some incompatibility issues with (the majority of) v1 clients...
Old 9th August 2011, 09:21   #9
DrO
Winamp Team

DigiBC: ignore my prior comment about the size as i tried to do it in my head and messed up.

Winamp doesn't support showing of the artwork as i've not had the time to implement it into the client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiBC View Post
Anyway, I wonder if I will actually use the neat artwork feature if there will remain some incompatibility issues with (the majority of) v1 clients...
it most likely is an issue with the DSP but i'm not sure until i can check it out i.e. i've got a load of other things to look into from my week off before i can look into such things. either way as long as i can reproduce the issue when i get around to looking into it then it will be fixed in whichever of the tools is causing the issue (as has been done with the other issues reported and reproduced). you just have to bear with things a bit as any new code will have some quirks no matter what testing is done.

-daz

Old 9th August 2011, 09:28   #10
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolfey View Post
If you use ices0.4 (which uses the Shoutcast 1 protocol) as the Source, and stream a song with UTF8 tags to DNAS 2, if you have a Shoutcast 2 Client two things happen:

1. The artist/title display is messed up
2. When the client disconnects, DNAS crashes.
what you've posted contains invalid utf-8 characters from what i can tell (appears to contain SOH and STX control characters). if you can provide an example file with the actual tag that is present then i'll try to look into the issue and see what can be done to improve things though i'm not sure what at the moment since there's already a number of checks in place in the DNAS to attempt to sanitise titles sent from v1 sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolfey View Post
Also, if the Source is the Transcoder (build 51 tested), DNAS doesn't crash on either version client. (but the tags are messed up)
that is because the Transcoder will clean up any xml from the source before it is sent to the DNAS which is something added to the recent DSP and Transcoder builds.

-daz

Old 9th August 2011, 09:32   #11
DaWolfey

I emailed you early this morning with two example mp3s.

I wouldn't trust the quoted text here, look at the tags of the mp3s I have sent.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:34   #12
DrO
Winamp Team

got it, hadn't checked my email until now. and from a quick look at the tags, it's ID3v1 and ID3v2.4 in them. will have a play with them when i've got a moment to see what is / isn't going on, thanks.

-daz

Old 10th August 2011, 13:50   #13
dannyy94

PHP Code:
ROSERVER***93; Could not call accept() on socket because Too many open files
-08-10 17:49:32     E       msg:***91;MICROSERVER***93; Could not call accept() on socket because Too many open files
-08-10 17:49:32     E       msg:***91;MICROSERVER***93; Could not call accept() on socket because Too many open files
-08-10 17:49:33     E       msg:***91;MICROSERVER***93; Could not call accept() on socket 
I keep experiencing console flood of the above error. Server is running with around 300+ listeners on a 1GB ram VPS running centos linux 32 bit

Thanks Danny
Old 10th August 2011, 13:59   #14
DrO
Winamp Team

you've hit the socket limit for what is being allowed in your VPS. you could check what the current limit is set as using ulimit -a and then try to use ulimit -n xxxx to increase it. but it's probably likely it's been limited on purpose and would be something best discussed / checked with your hosting provider.

-daz

Old 12th August 2011, 07:11   #15
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
since the DSP and DNAS can now stream artwork, when will the client be able to display it?

also, if i have build 19 or 23, can i just install build 29 (or newer) over the top of it without needing to redo my config files?

thx for the great progress being made!

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 12th August 2011, 10:07   #16
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
since the DSP and DNAS can now stream artwork, when will the client be able to display it?
when i get some time to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
if i have build 19 or 23, can i just install build 29 (or newer) over the top of it without needing to redo my config files?
you can replace sc_serv.exe directly and there shouldn't be any need to change anything in the DNAS config files (unlike with the Transcoder where a re-basing of the multi options was needed). you can run the installer over the top and it should backup the example config files incase they've been edited so they won't be lost.

-daz

Old 27th August 2011, 15:22   #17
diversity

Malformed XML

Hey guys,

For my SHOUTcast v1 station I'm parsing the XML obtained from /admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=viewxml so that I can display some meta info on my station's homepage.

The script that I have to parse the XML is crashing occasionally due to malformed XML. I have attached the .xml that caused this error. If you open in Firefox it should point you to the Line and Column # where the error occurs. Note that this is an issue that has come up in the latest GC builds and wasn't occuring in older beta builds. Hopefully we can get some traction on this issue because I bet a bunch of us rely on this data obtained from the XML file.

Cheers,
diversity

xml: admin.xml
Old 27th August 2011, 15:53   #18
jaromanda
Major Dude

would that be the invalid characters in the song title (hex 0x1c and 0x1d) causing the problem?

... but I could be wrong
Old 27th August 2011, 16:54   #19
diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaromanda View Post
would that be the invalid characters in the song title (hex 0x1c and 0x1d) causing the problem?
Yes, the problem is definitely occuring because of 0x1c and 0x1d. Here is the offending track as seen by sc_trans:

2011-08-27 09:46:41 I msg:[SHOUTCASTMETADATA] Metadata string [Pantha Du Prince - XI versions of Black Noise - Efdemin version of “Stick To My Side”]

So how do those quotes get translated into those hex characters?
Old 27th August 2011, 21:04   #20
aktiveradio

I see a Know issues:
Quote:
If the external IP is bound to a different device than the primary on the machine then the server will not work as expected (e.g. eth1 instead of eth0)
I think this could be the problem I am seeing, I have SC on a Amazon EC2 instance and they way they do IP on EC2 is that there is a internal IP 10.x.x.x and then a translation to a real IP.

everything is running source connected but when I try and click the listen link I get the internal IP 10.x.x.x in the listen.pls file. If I edit the file and put in the public IP I still don't get any music so not sure if this is a miss configuration or part of this known issue.
Old 28th August 2011, 19:35   #21
DrO
Winamp Team

diversity: it's because they're not basic quotes like " and with some character mappings, things don't go to what would be taken as a valid utf-8 character.

the DNAS will only parse out potentially invalid utf-8 if the source passed it invalid characters to begin with. the official tools have been changed (with a further update for the Transcoder) to not send invalid characters to the DNAS, but there's not too much which can be done about invalid characters coming from other sources to begin with.

there is a change for the next release of the v2 DNAS which fixes an issue with such invalid characters which causes it to crash on non-Windows versions, otherwise, it'll just ignore the title received.

or am i missing the point on what you're trying to report?

-daz

Old 28th August 2011, 19:38   #22
DrO
Winamp Team

aktiveradio: it sounds like the point you've quoted from the known issues. there are changes being made as it requires the YP and DNAS to be changed to work. the YP change has been pushed live as part of the fixes pushed in to production during the last 2 weeks of issues with the platform (now resolved i hope). the DNAS change was only implemented into the internal build on thursday and that still needs some more testing.

so hopefully, once testing has been completed and tested, you'll be able to run it in the manner that you (and others) are wanting to do so.

-daz

Old 28th August 2011, 19:47   #23
diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
or am i missing the point on what you're trying to report?
-daz
No that's basically it. I guess I'll just have to write a script to fix some of my ID3 tags... What characters are considered invalid?
Old 28th August 2011, 20:22   #24
DrO
Winamp Team

it's basically ascii and extended ascii control characters which is basically the following decimal values:

0 - 31 (excluding 9 (tab), 10 (carriage return), 13 (new line))
128 - 159 (half of these can be valid but depends on font quirks, etc, so just not supporting them)

-daz

Old 11th September 2011, 18:53   #25
diversity

Hey guys,

When running with the yp1 protocol, I am able to set displaymetadatapattern=%R[ - ]%A[ - ]%N in sc_trans.conf. This means that the <TITLE> element in song history xml (/admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=viewxml&page=4) is formatted as specified by displaymetadatapattern.

However, when running the yp2 protocol, I am unable to get the album (%A) to appear inside <TITLE>. The title always displays as %R[ - ]%N. E.g.,

<SONG><PLAYEDAT>1315765655</PLAYEDAT><TITLE>Tekniq - Slamdown</TITLE></SONG>

I realize that I can get the full metadata info from page=5, but this is only for the current and upcoming tracks. The song history (which I'm mainly interested in) does not have the full metadata, only the artist and song title . Is there a way i can configure sc_trans to set how the song history metadata is displayed?

Thanks,
diversity
Old 12th September 2011, 13:47   #26
DrO
Winamp Team

diversity: what is shown in the song history is created from the metadata received (v2 mode) or the title (v1) from the source.

back in build 17, the default client title format was changed back to be artist - title instead of artist - album - title (with a similar default change in sc_trans afterwards) as it was causing client title issues and due to all of the v1 platform working against artist - title. as such it made more sense to revert it to the v1 format.

so as you're seeing, the DNAS is taking the metadata received v2 mode and attempting to create artist - title for it for when it's shown on the song history and now playing views.

so as you can see, there's nothing in sc_trans which can change the displayed title in v1 mode. i'll have to think about it all since i don't think the current / next titles should be changed if there was an option to customise the song history (which is currently all coming from the same formatting function) so that on the summary / admin pages it would look like how clients will see it.

the other option (which would save having to add a new config option to keep the option bloat complaints happy) is to make the DNAS use the <title seq=x></title> info if there is now playing information (which will be formatted in the way required from sc_trans) and store that for the song history whilst leaving everything else for the clients running as is.

-daz

Old 12th September 2011, 15:40   #27
DrO
Winamp Team

as a followup on the prior post, the DNAS will be changed in the next version to use the title provided from the source in v2 mode if it provides the now and next song titles otherwise it will fallback to the current behaviour of basing it on the metadata provided.

the change also means that /currentsong will show the fuller title (from the scenario covered) if it is available in the same manner so it better matches with the next and history (seeing it in use made it look like a bug in the DNAS despite not being). that will not affect what is sent to clients however which will still be provided 'artist - title' or the title received if running in v1 mode.

so hopefully that will cover what's being asked for without causing issue for the majority of people running things at the default settings.

-daz

Old 12th September 2011, 19:58   #28
diversity

Thanks daz
Old 17th September 2011, 17:46   #29
bputney

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere. Forgive the newbie question...

Has Solaris/Sparc fallen off the supported list. I see in references on the SHOUTcast web site that Solaris is a supported server platform but I don't see a download for it anywhere.

We're a small community FM NCE station and we'd like to stream. I have a Sparc/Solaris 10 server that is in a very well connected site with lots more bandwidth than we can ever use. I can't really change that server for a number of reasons hence my question.

Thanks, Bill Putney
KPTZ 91.9 FM Radio Port Townsend, WA
Old 17th September 2011, 17:53   #30
DrO
Winamp Team

had just replied to your other post asking about this at http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=14 but to summarise, there is no Sparc support anymore (you're the first person to even mention Sparc that i've read about in a long long time either here or elsewhere).

-daz

Old 17th September 2011, 18:28   #31
bputney

Oh bother!

I'm not as worried about "support" but since the sources are closed, it doesn't look like compiling DNAS for this environment is an option either.

Do you have any suggestions for streaming server software that runs on Sparc/Solaris 10 that is available. I guess I'm not all that hung up on SHOUTcast though it would be nice since my transmitter can use it as an audio source if the Studio Transmitter Link goes down.

Thanks, Bill
Old 17th September 2011, 22:01   #32
DrO
Winamp Team

nothing else comes to mind and even from a quick look, i cannot find any of the old sparc compiles (which i thought were still around somewhere in cvs, etc).

-daz

Old 25th September 2011, 17:03   #33
WizardX

Is there any expected availability for build 30? Still waiting to have a version which solves the usages of different ip addresses. From that point we can put it into production in our opinion.
Old 25th September 2011, 17:07   #34
DrO
Winamp Team

build 30 is long gone internally.

there isn't any eta on a new release especially as certain features aren't completed / finished testing like the one you're referring to which is pending feedback from a tester at the moment (as it requires DNAS and YP changes - the YP changes have been deployed but may need to be tweaked pending test results).

-daz

Old 25th September 2011, 17:24   #35
WizardX

I'm willing to contribute. I own a bunch of machines in a owned environment/network. If you'd like me to setup a test machine, let me know.
Old 28th September 2011, 06:40   #36
DJ_MELERIX

will SHOUTcast 2 include a "official" GUI someday ?

like in SHOUTcast 1
Old 28th September 2011, 08:17   #37
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i believe DrO has said he is considering it, but hasn't yet decided. (i'd like it too tho).

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 28th September 2011, 09:52   #38
DrO
Winamp Team

there is little benefit in a gui wrapper like the v1 DNAS had on windows unless it's done for all platform versions of the DNAS i.e. not really worth it over consistent behaviour over all of the supported platforms imho. as why should the Windows version (as i assume that's what the request is for) should get special handling over the other versions.

the one the windows version of the v1 DNAS offered nothing beneficial than a windows themed console window - yes i know there are the menu options but opening notepad or something to click instead of using ctrl+c in the console window isn't that hard to do itself. also since the DNAS allows for specifying the config file to use - the prompt in the DNAS to do it handles that and also does keep the window open which confused people just expecting to double-click and go with the earlier v2 DNAS beta builds. when working with a different tool then some adjustments do need to be made in how things work as the windows gui version before was out of place with the rest of the versions provided which isn't good imho.

i have looked at making a wrapper but to be something useful then it needs to offer proper management / control of the DNAS on all platform versions (which my brief attempt was not going to achieve).

really most of the controlling needs to be done via the web admin pages which is what i've been trying to push into the newer builds e.g. like the /setup option (screenshot attached) that i've been tinkering with so i'm not having to do weird and wonderful platform specific coding.

-daz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_setup.png
Views:	1186
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	49175  

Old 5th October 2011, 20:09   #39
mixfm99

Hello. Listing a relayed stream when using the YP2 mode is still not working... We are a major station and we need the relay system. Also we want to be ONLINE on the shoutcast directory. How can we do that?
Old 6th October 2011, 09:57   #40
DrO
Winamp Team

the relay is only meant to be listed in the playlist of the main tune-in pls returned. are you saying that's not working? if so i'd need some details of your listing so i can look into what the system is doing with your streams.

Quote:
Also we want to be ONLINE on the shoutcast directory. How can we do that?
i don't understand what you mean by that. listing a station as public is the only way to be listed in the directory.

-daz

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions