Old 27th September 2011, 17:35   #1
SBVR

Why My Radio is not listed in Shoutcast ?

Hello! I have a problem going on with my stream. My radio stream is hosted with Realia stream, on the settings inside my configuration my server is set to public and also in the shoutcast page server it says "server is up and public" also in my configuration panel (centova cast) I see the "SHOUTcast Directory Tester" in the "user agent" page that shows me what players are streaming my radio, it seems that Shoutcast check my stream but still doesn't list it. any Idea of why ?? thanks
SBVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 17:40   #2
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

without any information on your stream title, etc i cannot check anything in the systems for you.

how long ago did you start the stream i.e. it can take up to 30mins (worst case) for any new listing to appear.

also to note, we had been having an issue over the last week with new / current listings not updating on the site but would appear in programs / apps using our API so this might be a left over for that.

-daz

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 17:48   #3
SBVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
without any information on your stream title, etc i cannot check anything in the systems for you.

how long ago did you start the stream i.e. it can take up to 30mins (worst case) for any new listing to appear.

also to note, we had been having an issue over the last week with new / current listings not updating on the site but would appear in programs / apps using our API so this might be a left over for that.

-daz
HERE! Sorry about that http://68.68.28.167:5046/index.html

Its been a few days, Could it be because I have special caracters on my radio title ??

example: ::: {}} ((( ))) ???

thanks!
Old 27th September 2011, 18:48   #4
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

it's showing fine for me when looking for 'Salsa Brava Radio :: SalsaBravaRadio.com ::' or 'Salsa Brava Radio'

as you'd not been seeing it for a few days then that would match with site not updating issue.

-daz

Old 27th September 2011, 19:19   #5
SBVR

Quote:
it's showing fine for me when looking for 'Salsa Brava Radio :: SalsaBravaRadio.com ::' or 'Salsa Brava Radio'

as you'd not been seeing it for a few days then that would match with site not updating issue.

-daz

OK Thanks , Yes is listed now, BUT why the audio Skips, Skips, Skips ???
I tested in other players, WInamp, Windows, RealPlayer, etc is fine, but in the shoutcast player the audio gets stuck, (can u check for me please?) Thanks a lot!
Old 27th September 2011, 19:25   #6
dres_

Mine is showing. Thanks. DrO. U da man!
dres_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 19:31   #7
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

SBVR: it sounds like you have an intro file which is known to cause issues with the site's flash player. not much can be done about that currently (despite my trying to improve things in the v2 DNAS - which i've still to release an updated build which improves some other flash player related issues). though i'm thinking of just making the DNAS not send the intro file for connections it knows are from the site player.

also as a point of courtesy, please stop pm'ing me that you've posted something and not had a response within a few minutes - it can take up to a day to get a reply at times so please have some patience.

dres_: wasn't me despite pestering / annoying / wasting time looking at random logs. at least it seems to be ok now *touch wood* so i can get back on doing some actual work on the tools / YP again, heh.

-daz

Old 27th September 2011, 19:38   #8
SBVR

Quote:
SBVR: it sounds like you have an intro file which is known to cause issues with the site's flash player. not much can be done about that currently (despite my trying to improve things in the v2 DNAS - which i've still to release an updated build which improves some other flash player related issues). though i'm thinking of just making the DNAS not send the intro file for connections it knows are from the site player.

also as a point of courtesy, please stop pm'ing me that you've posted something and not had a response within a few minutes - it can take up to a day to get a reply at times so please have some patience.

Thanks Im going to disable the intro file. and sorry for the PM i just wanted this thing to work . thanks!
Old 27th September 2011, 21:09   #9
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

disabling the intro file is probably the safest option as the way intro files work means throwing an actual file at the site player which causes it to not stay in sync (something desktop and most non-flash players can cope with).

-daz

Old 28th September 2011, 00:34   #10
NeverEndingWonde

I'm having some problems as well. I have three stations. One station is listed correctly, with correct info. One station is listed with incorrect info. One station is not listed at all.

The station that IS listed, but incorrectly, is NeverEndingWonder Radio. Everything is correct except the genre listing. It should be listed as Halloween. It's listed as Eclectic. Other stations are listed using the genre Halloween, so I figure this should be okay to choose as a genre. I have Halloween set as the first genre in my encoder in SAM. Is there any way to get the listing corrected on shoutcast.com?

The station that isn't listed at all is Halloween on Broadway. It's an AutoDJ station hosted by ShoutCastStreaming. I have the title set correctly in the station name section in CentrovaCast. This is the same setup I use for my station that is listed correctly (Welcome to Weirdsville). I'm confused as to why one station with exactly the same setup would be listed and the other would not.

Thanks for your help.
NeverEndingWonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 10:58   #11
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

NeverEndingWonde: i will have to check out the incorrect genre for the first one (against the NeverEndingWonder Radio listing).

with the one not showing, without being able to look at the stream details for the one not listed, i've got nothing to work on to check in the systems - assuming it's even been set to public mode for listing in the Directory.

-daz

Old 28th September 2011, 11:06   #12
NeverEndingWonde

Quote:
NeverEndingWonde: i will have to check out the incorrect genre for the first one (against the NeverEndingWonder Radio listing).

with the one not showing, without being able to look at the stream details for the one not listed, i've got nothing to work on to check in the systems - assuming it's even been set to public mode for listing in the Directory.

-daz
Thank you for your reply. What info do I need to supply you with so you can check on the station that is not listed? Stream url, or what?
Old 28th September 2011, 11:18   #13
NeverEndingWonde

It was indeed set to private. I have since corrected that. Thanks for pointing out that possibility.

I would still like to figure out why the genre won't change to Halloween for NeverEndingWonder Radio.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:49   #14
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

until i get a chance to do some testing against the YP code (am in the middle of 4 other things at the moment), i cannot give you a reason why it's using the wrong genre since Halloween is a supported genre.

though i will note that only 1 genre is supported by the YP for a while now so that might be something to do with it (since your other one only has 2 genres) but doesn't quite make sense to have something not-related shown.

-daz

Old 28th September 2011, 11:58   #15
NeverEndingWonde

I'll try just putting in one genre and see if that works.

Though it's showing the wrong station title as well.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:14   #16
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

looking for http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Ra...erEndingWonder gives me the same title as the DNAS is showing so i'm not sure what you meant by 'it's showing the wrong station title'.

i see it's now showing the genre you wanted so maybe it incorrectly cached things - what was the old 3 genre's you had as i'd not had the chance to make a not of what it was.

-daz

Old 28th September 2011, 16:21   #17
NeverEndingWonde

It must have corrected itself before you had a chance to look because the title I had chenged to was "NeverEndingWonder Halloween Radio - Freeform Halloween Madness" and it was still showing "NeverEndingWonder Radio - Freeform Sonic Expressionism." I changed it on Monday.

The three genres I formerly had were Eclectic (which is what the shoutcast listing showed), Experimental and I think Comedy.

Thanks for the help!
Old 28th September 2011, 16:26   #18
DrO
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

changing station titles usually won't be applied unless the DNAS does a remove and add process so that might explain that.

ok so the old 3 genre string was Halloween Experimental Comedy (couldn't remember the middle one). will see if i can replicate that issue myself as that should not have happened since the behaviour (until i properly check) is that it's meant to use the first genre in a multi-part genre with the current system.

-daz

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support