Old 12th March 2012, 16:31   #1
Jankowtts

Error Connecting to Stream Host?

So I open up the sc_transexe. then went in to [5] sc_trans basic.conf. After that it wont connect to stream host...

10728 Error connecting to stream host [waiting 30s]

Can anyone give me some advice on how to connect im having alot of trouble. Ive went into the example config files and chnage the information around, maybe I missed something?

Any help would be amazing!
Jankowtts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 16:48   #2
DrO

remove the inheritconfig line and manually specify the password and other appropriate config options - is a bug in the inheritconfig option which incorrectly clears out the serverip option in some cases which causes the issue you're seeing.

also, please check where you're posting new threads - this is the second thread i've had to move out of the Winamp sub-forums into the SHOUTcast sub-forums.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 16:57   #3
Jankowtts

Daz im sorry about the misplaced threads.

But im just really struggling here...im not sure where to locate the inheritconfig line. And then I remove it will I be able to connect through winamp?

Im ususing my computer as the server and have places '127.0.0.1' in the adress, Im almost certain that is a correct entry.
Old 12th March 2012, 17:50   #4
DrO

ignore the inheritconfig thing, that's not in the sc_trans_basic.conf file (i incorrectly remembered that - it's in the sc_trans_simple.conf file instead).

lets start with the basics, have you got the DNAS (sc_serv) running and showing that is available to take source connections?

also in your other thread you refer to the Source DSP, but now are referring to sc_trans, so are you trying to connect the Source DSP to sc_trans i.e Source DSP -> sc_trans -> sc_serv or the simpler setup of Source DSP -> sc_serv?

-daz
Old 12th March 2012, 18:02   #5
Jankowtts

Daz, a really appreciate you responding.

This is my first experiance with all this and I hope my inexperiance does not become a annoiance. What should my first step be in getting the DNAS running?

And once the DNS is running what is my next step?

Thanks!
Old 12th March 2012, 23:11   #6
Jankowtts

So I am now able to connect. I must have been doing something wrong when going into the conf files and changing the passwords? What could I have possible done wrong?

but now im getting error 480 and cannot connect to the yp!

2012-03-12 21:09:24 E msg:[YP2] Connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 (Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://98.110.87.106:8000/test.aac) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.)
2012-03-12 21:09:32 E msg:[DST 127.0.0.1:60107] Socket error while waiting for data. err=Connection reset by peer.(10054)
Old 13th March 2012, 09:44   #7
DrO

see http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors for the 480 error.

until that is resolved, no clients will be able to connect to the DNAS as it's leaving the DNAS in an invalid state.

and as you appear to have created the authhash, make sure that http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....39588#remember is followed (so you don't have to potentially keep creating an authhash all of the time).

-daz
Old 14th March 2012, 18:01   #8
Jankowtts

ugh. so I am no longer getting error 480, butttt im getting error 470 invalid authhash. I just dont have a good idea how to go about fixing this problem. Ive read the fourms and the wiki but things arnt making much sense. Ive created a authhash and on the Admin page its saying 'Server is currently up and public (no YP connection)'. what log should I go into in the command line to connect? Serv_simple? Basic?
Old 14th March 2012, 18:48   #9
DrO

most likely it's been removed as part of the automatic scripts which are run to remove dead / unused authhash.

so delete the streamauthhash line from the config file and create a new one (you can either restart the DNAS or use the config refresh command). also make sure to do http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....39588#remember before creating the new authhash.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
connection, error, stream