Old 21st June 2012, 14:29   #1
laurent22300

Developing Winamp skins in 2012?

I've been looking around for resources on how to create skins and MAKI scripts, but everything I found is very dated, the links are dead, or not compatible with the latest version of Winamp. Even the sticky post on this forum with the SDK is 3 years old and doesn't work with Winamp 5.6.

Are there still skins being developed these days? If so, how are they created? Is there some recent, working SDK available? (even if it's just a set of .mi scripts)
laurent22300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 14:24   #2
laurent22300

Hmmm... seeing the numerous replies to this post, I'm going to assume skin development is still alive and thriving on Winamp
Old 25th June 2012, 06:17   #3
Balagun

I'm developing a skin for my CarPC now. There are many tutorials and examples in google. I think many developers are doing the same thing.
Balagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 07:36   #4
laurent22300

Do you create MAKI scripts too? I've been looking around on the forums, Winamp Wiki and Google but couldn't find any MAKI library that would work with the latest version of Winamp. If you have one that work, would you mind sharing it here?
Old 25th June 2012, 11:45   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & chat ender

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurent22300 View Post
Do you create MAKI scripts too? I've been looking around on the forums, Winamp Wiki and Google but couldn't find any MAKI library that would work with the latest version of Winamp. If you have one that work, would you mind sharing it here?
Ey hello. I saw your post a couple of days ago and after that I forgotted (but something in my mind was saying "you are supossed to say something to somebody".. =) ).

Right now I can´t answer properly, but I´ll come back later, in between, tell me, did you see Frisbee monkey´s winamp skinning tutorial? That´s a place where you should start.. (http://frisbeemonkey.com/winamp3/tutorial/index.php)

And what about cPro skins? That´s also a good point of start..
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2012, 12:22   #6
Balagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurent22300 View Post
I have 5.6 and libs from here, there r no problems... What kind of problem do u have with 5.6?
Old 25th June 2012, 22:45   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & chat ender

Apart from that frisbeemonkey guide, I can only point you to the Skin consortium´s forum, there you´ll find a lot of usefull stuff:
Main
ClassicPro main
Skinners guide to ClassicPro

And there´s a wiki page for winamp skinning, I don´t have it right now but it´s on google..
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 00:40   #8
Balagun

Additional useful links:
XML GUI Objects
XML Containing objects
XML Elements
Action List
Modern Skin Tutorial
Some Skin Sources
Old 29th June 2012, 01:36   #9
laurent22300

Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to have a look at these links.
Go Back   Winamp Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins