Old 30th June 2013, 15:24   #41
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in providing feedback on the app suggested by "OlexijL" in post #30 above. It works on my system with no problems. It shuts down Winamp after the selected time and does not disrupt the official components nor the 3rd party plug-ins I use.

I currently use a number of 3rd party 'dll' plug-ins including 2 for input, 1 for output, 2 visualizations, a DSP, 7 for general purpose (6 by DrO), and 1 for the media library. I also use six 3rd party 'w5s' plug-ins including "thinktink's" albumart embedder, cPro skin support, and 4 from the Essentials Package.

I have not experienced the issues reported by "lostinsound". Upon restart the selected song in the active playlist is what it should be (same as with a normal Winamp shutdown). I do not hear a fadeout of the song being played at the end of the timeout. Maybe that is caused by how "lostinsound" has the DirectSound output plug-in setup, if he is using that.

I don't use the 'Time & Restore' plug-in, if that is the one referred to for the "automatic playback" feature. So, I can't comment on any problems with it.

I'm aware of the recent discussion, about potential problems using an external app to shutdown Winamp, in response to "Batter Pudding's" suggestion to have the Winamp installer shutdown Winamp, if needed. With this external app, all of the applicable official and 3rd party component configuration files in my current overall configuration are updated when Winamp exits (just like with a normal shutdown). I will keep an eye on this and report any changes. With version 5.6.4.3418, these files are updated in various ways, i.e. when Winamp starts, and/or when a change related to them is detected, and/or when Winamp shuts down.

Bottom line, thank you OlexijL for suggesting an app that will let me accomplish my main goal for starting this thread.

Now I can quickly and easily have Winamp serenade me to sleep. I think I tried this app before with an earlier version of Winamp and a different mix of 3rd party plug-ins and it did not work for me. But, no matter, it's working fine now.

DrO, I will try using "ProcDump" to capture info on the jtfx crash(es) I mentioned in this thread. It would be good to get that sorted going forward, then jtfx could be used to stop or shutdown Winamp after a specific track has played (in addition to the 'stop after current track' feature). Should I start a new thread for this?

Edit:
I attached a report of my current configuration for those interested.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Last edited by Aminifu; 5th November 2013 at 00:02.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 18:27   #42
DrO

is ok to keep using this thread. if you can get some sort of crash dump then that should help to work out what is going on.

as for the prior post in this thread, I cannot follow what's described when looking at it on the phone so won't be able to comment on it until I'm on my dev machine.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2013, 20:12   #43
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I have not experienced the issues reported by "lostinsound". Upon restart the selected song in the active playlist is what it should be (same as with a normal Winamp shutdown).
That's not what I reported. The selected song is correct for me as well, I was just saying that with the Autoplay plugin normally when you shut down Winamp while a song is playing, when you restart Winamp it picks up right where it left off and continues playing. That didn't happen when using this timer so I was wondering why that is the case. But it sounds like it's because the application essentially hits 'stop' before shutting down, and in that case it wouldn't start playing again on restart.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2013, 13:42   #44
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinsound View Post
That's not what I reported. ...
Sorry, I understood what you reported, as implied by the sentence following the paragraph you partially quoted. That paragraph should have been structured better.

Anyway, I agree with your assumption as to why the 'autoplay' feature of DrO's plug-in is aborted by the 'Winamp Sleeper' app. Do you get an actual fadeout of the song playing at timeout or does it just seem that way?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 1st July 2013, 14:03   #45
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post

Even if i consider this as plugin, it is still standalone app and you have to run it in the background (minimized window) till the end of the timer.

You don't have to run the app minimized for it to work and you get the benefit of seeing the minutes decrease as the timer counts down. If I don't go to bed right away, the timer can even be stopped and restarted with a new countdown.

The built-in icon for the app is rather bland. So I used the black and white clock face icon from the Windows "shell32.dll" in the shortcut I made for it. That looks a lot better on the taskbar.

Thanks again for suggesting it.

Old 1st July 2013, 15:38   #46
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Sorry, I understood what you reported, as implied by the sentence following the paragraph you partially quoted. That paragraph should have been structured better.

Anyway, I agree with your assumption as to why the 'autoplay' feature of DrO's plug-in is aborted by the 'Winamp Sleeper' app. Do you get an actual fadeout of the song playing at timeout or does it just seem that way?
It seemed like it wasn't as abrupt of a cut off of the song before shutting down but it may have been my imagination. I can maybe try it again tonight.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 06:09   #47
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
is ok to keep using this thread. if you can get some sort of crash dump then that should help to work out what is going on.

Hi DrO,

I can't get version 5.64.3418 to crash using the JTFE Queue Manager, so whatever the problem was with the earlier version, it seems to be fixed. The 'Stop playing' on end of queue command still does nothing. However, the 'Close Winamp' command does work and all the applicable official and 3rd party configuration files used by my Winamp configuration are updated during shutdown! So now I have a way to have Winamp shutdown after it plays a selected group of songs. It's not as simple as just selecting a song in the playlist for Winamp to stop at, but it gets the job done.

I did not test the OS control commands (Log off, Restart, Shutdown, and Standby) because I would never use them. For those who may, does Standby invoke Hibernation or Sleep? I would assume Sleep, since Hibernation could be disabled.

The first song added to the queue (or at the top of the queue, if the songs are rearranged) still plays twice.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion