Winamp 5.64, Build 3418 (220.127.116.1118) - 21 June 2013
Winamp 5.64 Full
(US English version)
Winamp 5.64 Full
Winamp 5.64 Pro
(Multi-national version, asks for key during install)*
Winamp 5.64 Lite
(basic 2.x-style mp3/cd player)
(mp3 bundle & other languages)
* (French, Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Portuguese, Romanian, Hungarian & Indonesian)
* New: Option to run Winamp in Safe Mode (also via /SAFE=1 commandline switch)
* New: XSPF playlist support (read only support, write support to follow)
* Improved: Added tooltips for truncated text in Media Library listviews
* Improved: Added 'Explore item folder' to context menu in playlists
* Improved: Bookmark menu handling now follows Winamp's Play/Enqueue setting
* Improved: D3D vsync mode (should fix reported video tearing issues)
* Improved: Display album art source info in Artwork tab of File Info dialog
* Improved: Remember last position of dialogs
* Improved: Show rating from tags if file is not in Local Media Library
* Improved: Use new style dialog for folder browser
* Improved: Windows 8 filetype association compatibility
* Improved: [gen_ff] Multi-monitor support for Bento/Modern skin notifier
* Improved: [gen_ff] Windows 8 multi-monitor/taskbar mode compatibility
* Improved: [in_flac] FLAC streaming support
* Improved: [in_mp3] Shoutcast v2 in-stream artwork support (and other misc fixes)
* Improved: [in_mp3] Use MIME to determine decoder before assuming ext. is correct
* Improved: [in_mp4] Native ALAC playback support
* Improved: [in_mp4] Optimize MP4 Raw Reader by using chunks instead of samples
* Improved: [in_mp4] Write ratings to tags (using the "rate" atom)
* Improved: [ml_local/history] Friendlier error message if nde/database fails to load
* Improved: [ml_local] New 'Date Added' column (smart views adjusted accordingly)
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Now with Generate HTML Playlist support
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Save playlists to custom m3udir, if specified in paths.ini
* Improved: [ml_wire] Save (and backup) database files on updates instead of on exit
* Improved: [pmp_ipod] Added BPM, TotalTracks, Disc# & TotalDiscs metadata support
* Improved: [pmp_wifi] SSDP support and other optimizations
* Fixed: Failing to load on some Windows 8 (and earlier) installs (thanks Nanner)
* Fixed: Not playing the first song next when clearing then adding items to playlist
* Fixed: Bento/Modern skin notifier sometimes no longer appearing (thanks pjn123)
* Fixed: Deletion of 0-byte wdl*.tmp & wht*.tmp files
* Fixed: Issues with re-embedding of vis plug-ins in Bento skin when exiting fullscreen
* Fixed: Issues with some Icecast servers providing invalid stream links (v2.x bug!)
* Fixed: Potential crashes when rapidly switching between DSP plug-ins
* Fixed: [Bento Browser] Potential security vulnerabilities (thanks Julien Ahrens, inshell.net)
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Potential security vulnerabilities (thanks Julien Ahrens, inshell.net)
* Fixed: [in_mp3] Mapping of POPM ratings scale
* Fixed: [in_mp4] Bug where too-small passed-in buffer size resulted in loss of data
* Fixed: [in_mp4] Seeking files/podcasts which use a single video frame as artwork
* Fixed: [in_vorbis] Not reading Disc# (plus other general Vorbis Comments fixes)
* Fixed: [in_wave] mldb info for .wav files being wiped after viewing Alt+3 dialog
* Fixed: [ml_disc] Blocking of context menu items in ml tree for History & Bookmarks
* Fixed: [ml_disc] Creation of 0-byte trk*.tmp files & associated crash on some systems
* Fixed: [ml_impex] UI lockups on import/export of large databases
* Fixed: [ml_wire] Subscriptions to podcast channels with the same name
* Fixed: [ombrowser] Alt Gr keys broken in Online Services text input fields
* Fixed: [pmp_android] Albumart-related crash when transferring ogg files
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Transfers fail if <Albumartist> contains illegal characters
* Fixed: [pmp_p4s] Crash/hang on exit after transferring files to MTP/P4S devices
* Misc: All default plug-ins now include file description & version info properties
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Removed: [gen_orgler] The end of Winamp Charts & Music Usage Database
* Updated: [libFLAC] FLAC 1.3.0
* Updated: [png] libpng v1.5.16
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.6
* Updated: [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.8
Notes / FAQ:
Re: Improved: Windows 8 filetype association compatibility
The "File Types" page in Winamp Prefs has been made Win8-compatible.
Associations in Win8 can now only be made via the Default Programs Control Panel in Windows.
Re: Improved: Added 'Explore item folder' to context menu in playlists
The installer will delete the (now-deprecated) "Find File On Disk" plugin from the Winamp Essentials Pack
Re: Improved: [in_mp4] Write ratings to tags (using the "rate" atom)
Requires "Save ratings to file for compatible formats (default: off)" to be checkmarked in: Prefs > Media Library > Library Options.
Re: Improved: [ml_local] New 'Date Added' column (smart views adjusted accordingly)
The old "Recently Added" view has now become "Recently Modified"
and is available via the Presets dropdown in the "Add Smart View" dialog.
The new "Recently Added" view now uses Date Added instead of Date Modified.
Please report all bugs in the Bug Reports
Make sure your report is complete, according to the sticky threads in Bug Reports, ie.
, no 3rd-party plugins, list of plugins
, full step-by-step method of reproduction, relevant system specs
exact error messages, screenshots, which skin (one of Classic, Modern, or Bento only, or all three), links to sample files, etc.
If error reports, screenshots, sample files, etc are smaller than 200kb, then please attach them to your post. Otherwise, please upload to one of zippyshare.com, mediafire.com, dropbox.com or sendspace.com and post the url here (no rapidshare or imageshack or similar links please).
Note that incomplete/lame bug reports may be totally ignored.
Only the German, Polish, Portuguese-BR, Japanese &Turkish lang packs have been fully updated for this release.
Some lang packs have not been updated at all.
There might be some issues with the following languages:
Chinese & Korean... (send me a PM if you are interested in helping to update these packs)
All of the other lang packs (not already mentioned above) have only been partially updated for this release.
Before reporting anything, please test if the bug/crash/issue also occurs with the default English language first.
Refer to the Known Bugs
thread for more.
Updates & Extras:
Winamp Essentials Pack 5.64
Winamp Icon Packs
Winamp Color Themes Pack
Old Winamp 5.63 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.623 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.61 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.6-5.601 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.59 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.581 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.572 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.57 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.56 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.55 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.55 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.541 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.54 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.54 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.531 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.53 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.52 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.51 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.51 Beta thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Released thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 3 thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 2 thread
Old Winamp 5.5 Beta Preview 1 thread
Old Winamp 5.36 Beta Preview thread
Old Winamp 5.35 Released thread