Old 2nd September 2013, 00:15   #1
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

What will happen to the profiles and uploads after the death?

I had to decide, if this thread belongs more to Music O'Rama or more to General Discussions, and although the topic could be more about the artists and their music, I have decided for the General Discussions now. I want to talk about the artists, authors, users and other people and about their accounts, profiles, uploads and favourites.

I have to think about for many nights now. Maybe it is because of my age (I am 47 now). My age seems to be a very critical age. And a page on Rdio is just another reason, why I have to think about again.

I have thought, that an account can stay also, after a user has died, but on Rdio the family members have the possiblity to cause the deletion of the account after the death of the user, also, if this user didn't want to have the deletion of the account. I didn't see that before in another platform, and I don't want to see that somewhere else:
http://help.rdio.com/customer/en_gb/...-nutzer-melden

Not all families live in harmony. It is very good, if parents and children have a good relationship. But we have learned to know also adults, who have been abused as children by their parents. In other cases the older people have done everything for their children, nieces or nephews, and these people have been deceived by them. Also rivalries between siblings are widely used, and sometimes it is better to disinherit the family members.

I have already lost many people, especially, when they were between 45 and 60. Sometimes it was because of cancer, an accident or a stroke, but mostly it was because of a heart attack. I had known some people only for a short time, but I had known the most of them much longer. I cannot count, how many people already had to die.

Also many authors and artists have died. It happens very often, that a solo-musician or a band member suddenly dies, because of many reasons. If they were very famous, then their music is still sold. Many of the musicians suddenly died because of an accident, a heart attack or also because of a murder, not only because of cancer. An Electronic Musician had been murdered, before his LP had been released, later we had bought a CD with his music. Last year a well-known Electronic Musician suddenly got a heart attack with only 52. And 5 days ago a radio moderator has mentioned, that one of the 5 band members of a former band isn't alive anymore. I did a search, he died with 45 after a stair fall.

To swallow and choke on a party, this is another terrible accident, and it had happened to a teacher 3 months after my examen. Also she had become only 52. And a very good doctor had died with 52 because of a heart attack.

Many things can happen, and the death really comes suddenly and unexpectedly, it is very frightening. I have posted also in "Life is fragile":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=362380

Not each artist, author or user is so well-known and so famous. 3 years ago another YouTube-user had an accident with only 20. Her channel still exists. Another SoundCloud-User has died last month. He was a free user, and his 5 tracks have less than 2 hours together, the limit for free user. His tracks will stay on SoundCloud. I think, he wanted that. And it is better to stay as a free user in the platforms and not to become a premium user, because after the death the monthly or yearly payment is not possible anymore.

I know many artist-colleagues. Some of them are younger than me. They drive a car or they ride a bike / motorbike. Some of them are in the same age or they are older than me. And I don't want to read the next sad message on the next day.

It is never too early to even think about it. What will happen to the accounts and the uploads after the death? The artist, author or user cannot go online anymore. In my case I want, that all my accounts, profiles, uploads, favourites, playlists etc. can stay also after my death. I think, I am not the only one person in this world, who wants that. If we artists want to have our music available also after our death, then we need to take the right precautionary measures, especially, if we are not so well-known and not so famous.

It was very important for me to write also a blog and notice in Last.fm and Facebook:
http://www.lastfm.de/user/SabineKlar...r_the_eternity
And I know from some other artists, that also they want to have all their works for the eternity.

There are not only artists, there are also other authors, who had created their own works, and this is much more than only music. Also their works should be for the eternity. I think, they wanted that, too...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:45   #2
webthing
Forum King

Digital Death and Afterlife Online Services List
http://www.thedigitalbeyond.com/online-services-list/

How to Prepare Your Digital Afterlife
http://www.thedigitalbeyond.com/2013...tal-afterlife/

http://recollect.com/

5 Steps to Creating Your Digital Estate Plan
http://www.nextavenue.org/article/20...al-estate-plan

Digital presence after death
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...mer&id=9221031

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:08   #3
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I just hope someone clears my browser history.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:12   #4
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You for the 5 links and the video, webthing...

For me it would be a nightmare, if a family member would cause the deletion of my accounts after my death just because this family member could be very scheming. I really want to have my accounts & uploads forever in the platforms. Because many families don't live in harmony, I can imagine, that another family member can cause the deletion of the accounts after the death, if this family member is very scheming, and this scheming family member could do that especially, if the person had said before the death, that the accounts should stay forever.

I want to mention another example: An older woman wanted to be buried with a coffin and not with an urn. She told that the other family members, but the family members had decided, that she had to be buried with the urn instead of the coffin, because it is much cheaper. I have fears, it could happen also to me. If a person has a lot of money to bequeath, then conditions should be included with the testament, only on this way the person may be buried as desired.

I had many PMs with many artist-colleagues, and I heard about many other deaths. It is very sad, especially, if a composer wasn't able anymore to finish a work after beginning it, and I have heard also about unfinished music-projects. Or musicians have planned some tracks together, and suddenly one of them dies. We ourselves have experienced that. Another musician wanted to compose new tracks together with us, and 2 months later he had to die.

The death is merciless. A person can be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and suddenly this person has to die, by an accident or by a murder. The Electronic Musician, who had been murdered during a walk in the city, was much younger than us.

The older we become, the faster the time is running. And suddenly the day comes, where we have to die. Nobody knows, when it will happen. Someone else told me: Enjoy Your life and enjoy each day, also, if currently Your life doesn't seem to be very nice...

Old 3rd September 2013, 21:20   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
For me it would be a nightmare
Do you have nightmares when you are taking a dirt nap? Life is for the living, not the dead. When I die, do whatever you want. My agonies are mended. All debts are paid. All responsibilities are moot past getting me in the ground so I don't stink up the place.

rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 21:00   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

The financial situations become worse and worse. Many people commit suicide because of financial problems. I had known an older woman for 3 years. Suddenly she was dead. A well-known actress was 4 years younger than me. She was pushed onto the siding by the regisseurs and she didn't know anymore how to pay the next rent. Then she made her decision.

I don't want to make debts, before I leave this planet. I would be glad, if I could stay without debts. But a music dealer said: "If You want to have success, You have to make also debts!". He thinks like a businessman, although he had to move with his record shop because of a new landlord, and later he had to close his shop forever, because the sales were not good anymore. We know him since 20 years. The times are gone when the sales of the record shops were still good.

If You cannot be 100% sure, that the other family members are sympathetic to You, You need to ensure that they do not have the opportunity to get birth and death certificates from You, because with these certificates they can cause the deletion of Your accounts, also against your sake. Maybe you can find a person of your trust, and You can give this person a power of attorney, so that this person can act as desired after Your death. The same applies to the burial.

The authorities had to pay for a coffin, when Frank's grandmother had died. Frank had turned down the heritage. But laws are always changed. Maybe it is not possible anymore to turn down the heritage some day, and maybe we can be buried with an urn against our sake.

Our artist-colleague had made many recordings and music sessions, also tegether with many other musicians. We were over 50 guests, when he was buried. Songs with his voice were played, also, when we all walked out of the chapel. It was so weird. When someone else was buried, we had to sing church songs, and I was not in the mood to sing.

Frank and I want to be buried without music, but with a coffin. My parents wanted to be buried without a priest in the closest family circle. My father's teacher-colleagues wanted to attend to the burial, too, and we gave our okay, but also the former neighbors came, although they were not welcome. They didn't come for the last honorable prove, they had already the next nasty plans, after they tried to get rid off my diseased parents without success for 12 years. After 9 further years the management for the houses had terminated the lease agreement contract with my mother. And we don't want to see the former nasty neighbors on my mother's burial. The cemetery contract with the double grave had been made already before my father's death.

A death fear can paralyze an artist in creativity, or a death fear can spur creativity in an artist. Another artist had processed all incomplete projects and he had finished all. 1986 I made my very difficult recordings, before the disaster in Chernobyl came. My depressions and my death fears came, too. The people were not recommended to eat the mushrooms from the woods, but 2 friends of my parents did that. They came with their own opinion: "We all have to die some day, then we can eat also the mushrooms from the woods!".

Maybe they were right. I myself also wouldn't let me dictate, what I am allowed to eat and drink and what I am not allowed. Beer and sweets, this is part of a life...

Old 6th September 2013, 22:20   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I don't want to make debts, before I leave this planet.
A very German attitude. In a country where bankruptcy is a generational sin, you might feel that way. Americans are a little more cavalier about the paper we call money. Our road is that nearly all of us will die in debt. Most of that is usually incurred in the last year of our lives.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:55   #8
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Although I had always thought, I want to stay forever in the city, where I have been born. I wish more and more, I would have been born in another country. Since many months I don't feel very well in Germany anymore. Things in Germany have become worse and worse, and people in Germany are cut off more and more from the "world" (You can ask especially the GEMA).

Before I became 20, my parents told me, it would be better, if I would build up my future in another country, maybe Canada. In Germany I could get big problems. It was in a time, before the Berlin Wall came tumbling down. But it is too late now to move to another country.

Canada, "It Could Have Been So Beautiful". Not my aunt, who liked only the first-born child and treated me as the second-born child very badly. But I loved Ontario itself very much, also Toronto, the Niagara Falls and Bancroft near Toronto. An own house with a garden in Toronto, "It Could Have Been So Beautiful". I would have had another life style. I wish more and more, I would have been born in Canada and not in Germany...

Bvdub - It Could Have Been So Beautiful

Old 7th September 2013, 01:25   #9
rockouthippie
Banned

No matter where you go, there you are.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Tags