Old 16th October 2013, 17:51   #1
DrO
Winamp Team

SHOUTcast DNAS 2.2.1 (Build 109) 11/29/2013

This build is our (much delayed) update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended where possible to update to this build over any previous v2.0 builds due to the stability and other compatibility improvements it provides.

This release is now available for the following platforms:
  • Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
  • Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
  • Linux
  • Linux 64-bit
  • Raspbian (Raspberry Pi)
  • BSD 8.x
  • Mac OS X (Intel)

Downloads

You can download the updated version of the DNAS v2 from the direct downloads for the operating system version you require:

Changes

Build 109 (11/29/2013):
  • Completed remaining v1.x compatibility improvements (specifically relating to YP availability issues so clients are now only blocked from connecting if there is no source connected)
  • Added experimental 'streamportlegacy' option to allow for supporting more than one direct legacy v1 source connection to the server (see documentation for usage / limitations)
  • Changed Windows service install / uninstall messages when UAC elevation / admin access is required to undertake the action
  • Fixed issues due to a bug in the handling of the 'useicy' option which is now deprecated and replaced by the 'disableicy' option (see documentation for usage)
  • Fixed reported issues with the 'Source Login Details' page (mainly showing mode availability incorrectly)
  • Fixed missing 'UID' value for client disconnects in the main log output
  • Fixed some clients being incorrectly shown as 'HTML5' client types when they were not on the admin pages
  • Fixed compile issues preventing the BSD build from being built for the prior release
  • Other miscellaneous code changes, improvments and related documentation updates

Getting Started

If you already have a running instance of the DNAS v2 then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.

If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'Readme_DNAS_Server.html' and the related documentation as well as considering using the setup mode which should make it easier to get started over all prior v2.0 builds (and v1 based releases).

Finally, all current copies of the documentation are included with the installer / archive and is the recommended point of reference for this release. The information found online at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster for the DNAS server only relates to the previous v2.0 (build 29) release.

Reporting Issues

If you do come across an issue with the DNAS v2, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.

Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues.

Known Issues

The following are known issues with the v2 DNAS raised in previous releases but not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
  1. The configuration builder has not been fully updated for this release i.e. not all new options are available. This will be resolved in the expected 0.0.1 release to come in the next 2 weeks (subject to change) and does not affect most configuration aspects if this mode is used.
  2. Under sustained high numbers (1000's) of concurrent client connections, the DNAS server may in rare scenarios crash / segfault. This is primarily due to the networking methods currently used not scaling as well to the 1000s of concurrent client connections as desired compared to the need for more portable code between the platform builds. This requires completion of a networking stack re-write (no eta) and should not generally happen under most expected usage (most stations never break a few 100 concurrent listeners let alone 1000s at the same time).

Additional Information

Windows versions of the DNAS v2 are built with a dependency against the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. If sc_serv is unable to start due to a dependency issue then you will need to install the correct version of the package so it can run which depends on the version of sc_serv you are attempting to run:

32-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5582
64-bit - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=2092

Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads

If you have issues with Winamp or still want to get it, ensure
you get v5.666 build 3516 and the required plug-in updates
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 16:47   #2
DrO
Winamp Team

this is now up on the main download servers, interpret that as you may

due to timings of things, this build is unlikely to help with milosz's issue (as noted at the end of the 2.2 discussion thread) and i'll be following up on that over the weekend.

there is also an expected YP update (likely this weekend) which will help to resolve the remnants of the now deprecated 'useicy' option to better cope with it's replacement being enabled (though a YP update which mitigates against the main issue caused by that option is already deployed in combination with the changes made in this new build).

Old 29th November 2013, 19:16   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
DrO,

will SC and YP exist / be developed after Dec 20?

EDIT: also, is the auth-hash part all automated now? I forget what my stations auth tags are, does that matter? is this something I need to sort out now for the future?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 21:54   #4
Bryon Stout

Fuck yea!

StreamEdge Radio Network
deephouselounge.com | drumandbasslounge.com | dubstepradio.fm | bassradio.fm | m3printing.com
Intel Xeon X3440 2.53GHz Quad-Core Server
8GB Ram - 30TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Uplink
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:43   #5
DrO
Winamp Team

main page has now been updated with the v2.2.1 release and have also now prodced a Mac OS X build so that's everything from the v2.0 release with a v2.2.1 update (in addition to the new Raspbian compile).

Old 5th December 2013, 08:54   #6
demonicpagan

I'm using this current build for my shoutcast server and every time I put in my url in winamp or download the pls file to connect to my server it doesn't want to take the port I have my shoutcast running on.

I am always returned with a port 0.

My shoutcast server is on http://bahamut.stelth2000inc.com:8005 and no matter what format I try to play my stream as, it's wanting to use http://bahamut.stelth2000inc.com:0 and I cannot figure out why.

This is my current config:
; Banning
banfile=/home/shoutcast/shoutcast2.0/.logs/sc_serv.ban
savebanlistonexit=1

; Client Behavior
maxuser=32
listenertime=0
autodumpusers=0
srcip=any
destip=http://bahamut.stelth2000inc.com
titleformat=S2I Radio: %s
;urlformat=http://www.server.com/redirect.cgi?url=%s

; Debugging
yp2debug=1
uvox2sourcedebug=0
shoutcast2clientdebug=1
relayuvoxdebug=0
relaydebug=0
streamdatadebug=0
httpstyledebug=0
statsdebug=0
microserverdebug=0
threadrunnerdebug=0
flashpolicyserverdebug=0
webclientdebug=0

; Flash Policy Server
flashpolicyfile=/home/shoutcast/shoutcast2.0/crossdomain.xml
flashpolicyserverport=0

; Introduction & Backup Files
;introfile=c:\intro%d.mp3
;backupfile=c:\intro%d.mp3
maxspecialfilesize=30000000

; Logging
log=1
screenlog=1
logfile=/home/shoutcast/shoutcast2.0/.logs/sc_serv.log
logrotates=5
logarchive=0
logclients=1

; Miscellaneous
configrewrite=1
cpucount=0
unique=$
include=
admincssfile=v2
faviconfile=
faviconmimetype=image/x-icon
robotstxtfile=
metainterval=8192
uvoxcipherkey=xxxxxx

; Networking
namelookups=1
portbase=8005
autodumpsourcetime=30
maxheaderlinesize=4096
maxheaderlinecount=100
adminpassword=xxxxxx
password=xxxxxx
disableicy=1

; Network Buffers
buffertype=1
adaptivebuffersize=5
fixedbuffersize=1048576
bufferhardlimit=16777216

; Relaying
allowrelay=0
allowpublicrelay=0
relayreconnecttime=0
relayconnectretries=0
maxhttpredirects=5

; Reserved List
riponly=0
ripfile=/home/shoutcast/shoutcast2.0/.logs/sc_serv.rip
saveriplistonexit=1

; Stream Configuration
requirestreamconfigs=0
maxbitrate=
streamid_1=1
streamauthhash_1=xxxxxxxxxxx
;streamid_2=2
;streamauthhash_2=xxxxxxxxxxx

; Web Connection Logging
w3cenable=1
w3clog=/home/shoutcast/shoutcast2.0/.logs/sc_w3c.log

; YP Server Behavior
ypaddr=yp.shoutcast.com
ypport=80
yppath=/yp2
yptimeout=30
ypmaxretries=10
ypreportinterval=300
ypminreportinterval=10
publicserver=default
autoauthhash=1

; Statistics
hidestats=
redirecturl=
songhistory=20
demonicpagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 09:45   #7
MOraleSs

Bug report for this version:
- in the admin login area, even though the server reports 50 listeners, I get the details (player, IP, listening time) of only 13 of them. The rest of the 37 are hidden somewhere because the server doesn't show them.

- even though I have 50 listeners, on the public shoutcast directory I never see more than 39 even though the now playing is always updating. Maybe the YP needs to report the listener number more often, just like it does with the now playing.

- if there is a power failiure, when the server starts automatically I always need to setup a authhash to be listed on the directory. This is embarrasing because I don't always know when there's a power failiure and the server may run in private mode for a long time without even knowing it.

I hope there will be at least a quick beta release to fix all these bugs.
MOraleSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 11:07   #8
jaromanda
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOraleSs View Post
- if there is a power failiure, when the server starts automatically I always need to setup a authhash
a suggestion ... set up authhash, restart DNAS manually ...

... but I could be wrong
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 09:50   #9
MOraleSs

I already did that, but the authhash is resetting along with the server. Is there any other way to reset a shoutcast server on a linux box except the kill commamd? I don't know any other one. If there isn't another way of doing it, I believe the authhash problem is a bug and needs to be ironed out.
Old 8th December 2013, 11:40   #10
jaromanda
Major Dude

I would think if authhash management didn't work as advertised there would be MANY people screaming about it

have you read http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....79532#remember

... but I could be wrong
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 12:11   #11
MOraleSs

Didn't read it, but thanks for the link. I will investigate further.

P.S. Today I had my PC fixed and accesed the admin of my server from Firefox. Everything looks fine from here. It looks like the first bug I posted HERE occurs only in Dolphin browser for Andoid. Sorry for the false alarm. But... maybe this will help to make the interface compatible with Android browsers for those who access it on the go from mobile / tablet.
Old 8th December 2013, 21:27   #12
DrO
Winamp Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOraleSs View Post
- if there is a power failiure, when the server starts automatically I always need to setup a authhash to be listed on the directory. This is embarrasing because I don't always know when there's a power failiure and the server may run in private mode for a long time without even knowing it.
when auto-generation is happening, the authhash is written to the config file as well as being noted in the log file unless there is a permissions issue (which itself will be indicated in the log output). all i can suggest is checking for any config saving issues and manually check the authhash is being saved into the correct config file and that you're using the _same_ config file all of the time and that it's not being over-written by some 3rd party tool / control panel.

Old 31st December 2013, 17:38   #13
ThiefMaster

Send a message via ICQ to ThiefMaster Send a message via AIM to ThiefMaster Send a message via Yahoo to ThiefMaster
Sometimes the server generates invalid JSON in viewjson:

code:

"listeners": [
{
"hostname": "192.168.2.111",
"useragent": "foobar2000\/1.2.9",
"connecttime": "18",
"uid": "-268427960""type": "64"
}
],

ThiefMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 13:12   #14
djgustavo

Can anyone fix this problem?

The download files are in error for uncompress.

Can anyone fix this problem?

Erroe:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
djgustavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 15:31   #15
guix69

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgustavo View Post
The download files are in error for uncompress.
Yep, that would be really nice !
guix69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 15:35   #16
DrO
Winamp Team

error in what way? as i've just tried it and they're working ok.

ThiefMaster: thanks for reporting that typo issue.
Old 14th February 2014, 18:39   #17
ECCOsea

Hi everyone! Current version on my radio is (SHOUTcast Server v2.0.0.29/win32)

Im trying version SHOUTcast DNAS 2.2.1 (Build 109) 11/29/2013. It's great update! But...
I cant use this version because i have always error 480 in YP.

In config:
destip=10.0.0.15 - this is ip in my local network with NAT. All ports avalible. (version 2.0.0.29 works well about 3 years). But 2.2.1 version is sayed in log (480 error) that YP can't connect to 10.0.0.15. It's realy true... It impossible. But WHY this version send to YP this addres??? For clients play list is sending right externall adress. In this configuration all works well (externall clients can listen and web avalible), exept YP.

I cant set anothet dst-ip. When i set it to my external ip, shoutcast fully not work, bcause there are no external ip on any interface on my machine.

Do you can fix this? Im like new version! But i cant still use it.
Thanks.
ECCOsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 20:48   #18
DrO
Winamp Team

it's happening because the destip handling was fixed in v2.2.x so it's actually provided to the YP. that was not the case with v2.0 and was what was meant to have been done but wasn't i.e. it was a bug in v2.0.

from what you've said (which i suspect i've not understood correctly), i'd remove destip from your configuration as it shouldn't be needed unless you're running on a really weird networking setup. this is also assuming that you're wanting the stream to be publically listed, if not set publicserver=never and leave destip if it's otherwise ensuring things work.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:37   #19
ECCOsea

DrO thank you a lot! Im remove dst-ip, and all works correctly

How i can give playlist for users with domain name? Exemple: server.com:9000. (Now it 11.11.11.11:9000) it's hellpful to migrate to another ip.

1st old stram works well but....
I getting error for my second stream. - (Directory returned error code: 470)
Im trying to remove or update authash, but i see bad password! Im looking for all passwords in config of shoutcast. And all passwords im shure is right. name=admin. How i can recreate authash and fix it error? Thanks.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:39   #20
DrO
Winamp Team

for that you need to use destip e.g. destip=server.com and as long as it can resolve back to a valid IP address and a working DNAS (based on what's also been set for portbase) then that'll work.
Old 16th February 2014, 22:49   #21
ECCOsea

DrO im edited my post (#19)... Read it please.

It is possible to add new parameter (exemple bind address) in config file?

Where is dest-ip = server.com
and bind-addres = 10.0.0.10
Old 18th February 2014, 08:06   #22
DrO
Winamp Team

for 470 errors, you'll need to create a new authhash for the stream. assuming v2.2.1 is being used, you can do it via the admin pages or you can stop the DNAS, remove it from the config and allow the auto-generation to work.

though i'm not sure what bad password errors you're seeing and in relation to what page(s) you're trying to access. for any server admin pages, use 'admin' and the 'adminpassword' and that should be it.

as for adding a bind address config option, it seems like a hack (and also is a bit confusing) when that's really something better done on the machine configuration itself (though i'll have to have a think about it).
Old 18th February 2014, 09:52   #23
ECCOsea

DrO. About password. I see wrong pass only one way, when i click to Server Login > Update Authash > Wrong pass. Other passwords is ok.

Im confused when i recieved errors on 1st chanel (OK or 480 error)
And 2nd chanel (470 or 480 error).
For 470 error i read your post and trying to remove autohash and reginerate it automaticaly.
But what about 480 error? I have good internet, no packet loss, good ping, and all awalible from web. Sometimes status is OK, but more time it 480 error.

In log:
2014-02-18 13:30:03 ERROR [YP] Stream #1 connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 [Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://46.44.26.19:9000/Chillout_HQ) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.]
2014-02-18 13:30:03 ERROR [YP] See http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors for more information to resolve this error.
2014-02-18 13:30:06 ERROR [YP] Stream #2 connection attempt failed. YP2 error code is 480 [Cannot see your station/computer (URL: http://46.44.26.19:9000/Chillout_LQ) from the Internet, disable Internet Sharing/NAT/firewall/ISP cache.]
2014-02-18 13:30:06 ERROR [YP] See http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_YP_Nak_Errors for more information to resolve this error.

All awalible from externall web... I think it is bug of YP. What you think about that?

For Dst-Ip and Bind-Ip, can i request this feature in new version? It is very usefull feature for radiostations with NAT and who migrating to other IP adress. For use DNS name in playlists when download it from DNAS.

Thank you.
Old 18th February 2014, 10:30   #24
DrO
Winamp Team

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=375305 and the hints link in it explain why you're having the 480 error issue i.e. it's related to the recent site migrations and will be fixed asap (once i've found the cause of the issue as it's not affecting everyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECCOsea View Post
For Dst-Ip and Bind-Ip, can i request this feature in new version? It is very usefull feature for radiostations with NAT and who migrating to other IP adress. For use DNS name in playlists when download it from DNAS.
that's what the destip option is there to do and it's expected to have the machine being used to have the routing setup so things are correctly bound as needed. my biggest issue is adding another option for doing binding when the destip changes in v2.2.x resolved all of the prior reported binding related issues. that's why i said i'll have a think about it, but i'm really not sure another config option is the right way to be doing it.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:19   #25
qgazq

Just thought I'd mention something since I haven't see it mentioned anywhere.
I've just download the Linux 64 bit version to update our servers (Its taken me a while, I've been distracted doing RL things, but one of 5 sc2 instances has started regularly dieing so hoping the new build sorts it before doing further diagnostics).

Anyway its named sc_serv2_linux_x64_11_29_2013.tar.gz, but tar -xzf complains saying its not in gzip format. So I tried with just -xf and that works.
So either it is just a .tar file or wget is unzipping it for me during download.

Not a big deal, but if anyone has issues just drop the z bit from your extraction and it should work.

Regards
QGazQ
qgazq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 06:19   #26
pirithous

I found an interesting bug on 2.2.1. We are using the BSD version, so I don't know if this is reproducible with the Windows and Linux versions.

When removing an IP address off the ban list and clicking to remove another IP before the process has completed, the DNAS will completely crash and has to be restarted. I can reproduce the problem 100% of the time.
pirithous is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Discussions