This build is our new update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended to update to this build as soon as possible over any previous DNAS builds being used due to the stability, security and other compatibility improvements it provides.
This release is now available for the following platforms:
- Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
- Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
- Linux 64-bit
- BSD (8.x)
- Raspbian (Raspberry Pi - works on RPi A/A+/B/B+ and RPi2 with the same compile!)
- Mac OS X (Intel)
You can download the updated version of the DNAS from the main download page here
for all of the supported versions.
for all changes in this release (there's a lot in the ~5 months since the last release!)
If you already have a running instance of the 2.x DNAS then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.
If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'Readme_DNAS_Server.html
' and the related documentation as well as considering using the setup mode which should make it easier to get started over all prior 2.x builds (and 1.x based releases).
Finally, all current copies of the documentation
are included with the installer / archive and is the recommended point of reference for this release. The information found online at http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster
for the DNAS server only
relates to the build 29 release (this will be updated shortly).
If you do come across an issue with the DNAS, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.
Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues. The correct thread is here
The following are known issues or known changes which may have an impact when using the current 2.x DNAS release:
- The advert and metrics code (when enabled) is new so there may be some minor issues so keep a look out for updated DNAS versions!
- Any existing setup using the experimental 'streamportlegacy' option will need to be updated to use the official multi-1.x source support due to this option having been removed.
This is only expected to affect a small number of Centova based setups where multiple streams are being provided (Centova were informed of this change ~2 months before this release)
- With some specific setups when using the SHOUTcast 2.x protocol for all broadcasting stages, Winamp 5.6x listener connections may stop playing after a few seconds before eventually timing out (usually after ~30seconds). This should not affect listeners using the 1.x protocol / plain HTTP connections i.e. most listener connections are not affected.
This has only been reported in a few cases so far (28th April 2015) and has now been internally fixed (14th April 2015) for the next DNAS release.
The recommended workaround for those who experience this issue is to change the source to connect using the 1.x source protocol until a fixed build is made available.
- When using sc_trans as a source and it provides specific 'coming next' titles (usually starting with "nextsong"), the DNAS will generate "Title update rejected - value not allowed" errors. These are generally non-critical errors and changes will be made for the next DNAS release to better help determine true title rejections vs intentional rejections.
- In some cases, the usage of punctuation characters in passwords can lead to the DNAS rejecting attempts to login to the DNAS or to accept 1.x source connections (including related 1.x-style title updates). This issue is being looked into and should be resolved for the next DNAS update. (Impact appears to be low due to this only just coming to our attention)
- If running multiple streams on the same DNAS without a specific streampath set and just an empty config item for this value and there is no stream #1 active, then it is possible for the YP to reject the attempt to list the stream(s). Explicitly setting the streampath value for all streams will resolve the issue (which is fixed for the next DNAS release).
- For Windows builds, if the install path contains accented characters then the DNAS may not start. Running the DNAS from a folder without such characters will allow the DNAS to start (this is fixed for the next DNAS release).
Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads