This build is our new update and introduces new features as listed in the “Changes” section below, as well as addresses bugs reported in the previous build. It is recommended where possible to update to this build over any previous v2.x builds due to the stability and other compatibility improvements it provides.
This release is now available for the following platforms:
- Windows 32-bit (Windows 2000 and up)
- Windows 64-bit (Windows XP64 and up)
- Linux 64-bit
- Raspbian (Raspberry Pi)
- Mac OS X (Intel)
You can download the updated version of the DNAS from the main download page here
for all of the supported versions.
Build 147 (9th September 2014):
- Added support for the Radionomy advert and metrics platforms so you can earn money from overlaying some adverts on the stream and / or leveraging the online broadcasting tools from Radionomy (this is an opt-in feature and requires a Radionomy account - it does not prevent you using the DNAS like before)
- Added 'publicip' to be used to specify a DNS / IP value to use for what the YP will see as your server address when 'destip' is used for binding against a non-public value e.g. anything in the loopback address range (see documentation for usage)
- Added 'alternateports' which can be used to allow for client only connections on port(s) other than 'portbase' e.g. to deal with firewalls blocking client access on some networks
- Added 'disableicy' to the options handled by the configuration reload action
- Added 'rotateinterval' to allow for changing the time between automatic log rotations (default is 24 hours) and can be set to 0 to disable log rotation completely
- Added basic command-line help into the DNAS itself (use /? or --help) which is based on the OS version being used without the need to consult the main documentation
- Added better handling of the intro and backup files to ensure they match the stream format and will now reject files which do not match the bitrate
- Changed 'disableicy=1' handling (default behaviour since 2.2.2) to allow 1.x clients which explicitly request in-stream metadata to still receive it e.g. VLC and foobar2000
- Fixed crash when rotating the log and w3c files (this was mainly seen under Centova Cast installs) and some other log file handling refinements
- Fixed authhash issues specific to the 2.2.2 release (mainly seen as a 462 error code when trying to use the management actions)
- Fixed handling of unrecognised loopback addresses causing incorrect addresses in some of the DNAS responses e.g. the listen.* methods
- Fixed MP3 intro files breaking stream playback (such as causing stuttering or just not playing anything else) when transitioning to the actual audio stream e.g. most Flash based players (this is an issue going all the way back to the v1.x DNAS!)
- Fixed MP3 streams not starting on a full audio frame (this should improve client compatibility, more so with Flash based players)
- Fixed the 'Block User Agent' column on the stream admin page not showing the correct action (it could be shown in the 'Reserve Client' in some cases)
- Fixed repeated admin login prompt when trying to manage an authhash in some cases (mainly if having per-stream admin passwords)
- Removed specific handling for the deprecated AOL shoutcast.com site / embeddable Flash player (that specific player is no longer officially supported hence removing support for it)
- Other miscellaneous code changes, improvments and related documentation updates
If you already have a running instance of the 2.x DNAS then there should not be any issues with replacing your current version with this new version.
If this is a new install then make sure to read through the information in 'Readme_DNAS_Server.html
' and the related documentation as well as considering using the setup mode which should make it easier to get started over all prior 2.x builds (and v1 based releases).
Finally, all current copies of the documentation
are included with the installer / archive and is the recommended point of reference for this release. The information found online at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Broadcaster
for the DNAS server only
relates to the v2.0 (build 29) release (this will be updated soon).
If you do come across an issue with the DNAS, then please do post in this thread with as much information as possible about what you're doing at the time, the system you are using and anything else which will make it easier to understand what is or isn't going on with your install.
Posts relating to authhash management issues will be ignored as this is not the thread for posting such issues.
The following are known issues with the current 2.x DNAS release that are not currently fixed / fully confirmed as needing to be fixed (i.e. intended behaviour):
- The configuration builder has not been fully updated for this release i.e. not all new options are available. This will be resolved in a later update and does not affect most configuration aspects if this mode is used.
Under sustained high numbers (1000's) of concurrent client connections, the DNAS server may in rare scenarios crash / segfault. This is primarily due to the networking methods currently used not scaling as well to the 1000s of concurrent client connections as desired compared to the need for more portable code between the platform builds. This requires completion of a networking stack re-write (no eta) and should not generally happen under most expected usage (most stations never break a few 100 concurrent listeners let alone 1000s at the same time).
The change of 'disableicy' from 0 to 1 may cause some clients not to show the current title anymore. Setting disableicy=0 will allow the prior behaviour at the expense of breaking default compatibility with Flash and HTML5 audio players. See http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...08&postcount=7 for more on what you can do currently and what will be done in the 2.4.0 build.
Some Centova setups experience a crash when the logs are rotated. For some using the Linux 32-bit version helps as the issue has only been seen with the Linux 64-bit release. This is due to incorrectly handling invalid log / w3c files and if you have any 0-byte files in your log folder, this issue is now fixed as of the 2.4.0 DNAS release.
When attempting to update / remove an authhash, some installs will experience a 462 error (which is due to an issue with the integration of libcurl into the DNAS). Contact support with the authhash and the details you require to be changed. Additionally this may cause a failure to be listed or you will see generic 400 error messages.
- In some setups, disconnecting a source may cause the DNAS to crash - the probably cause of this has been identified but a fix still needs to be implemented.
- The advert and metrics code (when enabled) is new so there may be some minor issues so keep a look out for updated DNAS versions!
Discussion about the previous version of the server including changelogs can be found in the following threads