it's still being looked into whether one more patch build can be done which allows for any glaring issues to be resolved (e.g. crash on shift+e dialog, playlists enqueue issues, classic skin song ticker not updating in all cases, random crash issues from the bug reports, compat mode adjustments,language pack updates especially the d&d issues) but there's no guarantee.
and most of the issues coming up from the crash reports from the 5.66x builds are:
- Gracenote libraries (already known and cannot be fixed without a new sdk)
- in_wm (DRM / old sdk handling issues which cannot be fixed without a new sdk)
- in_cdda loading issue (dll dependency issues)
- ml_disc issue when accessing some title information (likely a driver related issue)
- winamp.exe will randomly crash on some async title update callbacks (have seen it myself a while back but might be related to the browser helper dlls)
- random access crashes with the portable devices on device discovery
- random memory issues in gen_ff (likely heap fragmentation issues)
- random crashes at 0x00000000 (often seems to involve unrelated dlls loaded into Winamp's process space so little to do about it)
- a few other 3rd party plug-ins just failing to load / unload correctly
compared to what was coming through from the first 5.7 beta build, there's a lot less range in the types of bugs coming in, and Gracenote + 3rd party plug-ins account for almost 2/3rds of issues so my best suggestion is don't use the playlist generator stuff and make sure you're using 3rd party plug-ins which have been updated in the last few years to ensure that your Winamp install is as stable as it can be.