Old 1st February 2015, 12:14   #801
ujay
Forum King

Hi danton, it's been like that since the take over.

it's been reported long ago, but it's still up in the air at the moment.

Some sort of window focus issue as far as I can tell, something that needs fixing server side.
You can work around it by refocusing the window but it's a PITA.

[edit] Try it again today, seems to be fixed now. but may revert again, who knows.

Hi Egg, that's not the screen I get, I think there's something in how wide you set the pane ??
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 12:16   #802
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@danton.q

Spot the difference...

Your screenshot vs My screenshot

Your screenshot shows that you're either using an old version of Winamp and/or your internet cache is messed up or something.
My screenshot shows what the SHOUTcast Radio view looks like in Winamp 5.666 where you just click the Play arrow next to a station to play it.

@ujay

Really? Hmmmm.... can't reproduce it here....

Name:	scradio.jpg
Views:	2973
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	51662  
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 12:33   #803
ujay
Forum King

Hi Egg, got my screen shots muddled, I get the same as you.

The focus issue seems to be fixed now, previously any click worked once and then focus moved to the main window. Scrolling turned the volume up and down etc.

danton, try it again and maybe set you media pane wider.
Old 1st February 2015, 12:38   #804
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ujay & danton.q

What OS and IE version?
Is it WinXP and IE8 or something?
(mine's Win7 w/ IE11)

@ujay
Ok, that's good to hear :-)
Old 1st February 2015, 12:38   #805
danton.q

I have downloaded Winamp TODAY here (version 5.666 FULL US/EN) :
http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/

I have installed it on a just fresh new installed up_to_date Windows.

I've selected "Classic" appearance at Winamp setup.

That's all, it cannot be more standard.

If your winamp works and not mine, it is maybe because you have modified something on you installation.
danton.q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 12:52   #806
danton.q

Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 (no money and no powerfull computer to buy/install Win7).
Old 1st February 2015, 13:32   #807
ujay
Forum King

Hi Egg, I've got Win7, the focus issue still shows up intermittently.
I'm prepared to blame my touchpad software though, it's a bit quirky.

I've had a look on a tablet with Win8.1 desktop and that looks OK, not really given it a good going over.

I'll dig out an XP machine later and try that as well.

danton, have you set the media pane as wide as you can ???
Old 1st February 2015, 13:39   #808
danton.q

yes, as wide as possible on a 24'' screen.
Old 1st February 2015, 13:49   #809
ujay
Forum King

Give the Modern or Bento skin a try, see if that changes anything for you.
Old 1st February 2015, 14:05   #810
danton.q

From "Winamp Classic" skin :

* Select "Winamp Modern" skin.
* Close and restart Winamp.
* Media Library works well with shoutcast radios.

* Select back to "Winamp Classic" skin.
* Close and restart Winamp.
* Media Library works well with shoutcast radios.

So changing Classic skin to another and then switch back to Classic skin looks like to solve the problem and make Shoutcast work again (didn't test if it survives a reboot of my computer).
Old 1st February 2015, 14:09   #811
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

It's probably an IE8 issue, e.g. it doesn't support some of the newer ajax/javascript functions....

[EDIT]

Oh, ok.... so refreshing the skin fixes it. Cool.
Old 1st February 2015, 19:10   #812
GorillaCat

Hi super cool dev people I have a suggestion for a few auto tag features.
Can we get tags based on the ones already present in the files so the info that's missing gets filled in and can we select which fields get filled lets say if some one is fairly confident their info is correct and want to fill in just the genre?
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2015, 19:21   #813
danton.q

I hope "Winamp Classic" skin will stay in the future versions of Winamp.

And what has happened to Shoutcast TV exactly ? Why was it not kept ?
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:45   #814
Anvil

Quote:
And what has happened to Shoutcast TV exactly ? Why was it not kept ?
I don't think danton.q is reading the thread. It was already explained that AOL owns the code and Radionomy/Winamp devs do not have permission to use it. From DJ Egg on 1/11/15:

Quote:
The reason why those services don't work any more is because AOL shut them down and we don't legally have permission to use them.
Anyway, keep chugging away guys. I can't wait to see the next version. I hope to not wait another year, but if I get the most awesome product this side of the Milky Way, then it's worth waiting for.
Anvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 21:56   #815
bloodfiredeath

Not all good things last forever and I am sad the way winamp has turned out, but I found a new media player and cd ripper, so it doesn't matter what happens now and also tired of the wrong song and album cover showing up while playing my music through winamp. So long winamp.
bloodfiredeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 22:07   #816
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfiredeath View Post
tired of the wrong song and album cover showing up while playing my music through winamp.
I believe this is due to the wrong album art in the file or folder. Not like it matters now for you.

And what do you mean "sad the way winamp turned out"? Winamp is pretty freakin awesome to manage my music collection imo. Way better than WMP and itunes.
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2015, 22:54   #817
the SASS Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodfiredeath View Post
... tired of the wrong song and album cover showing up while playing ....
I don't even bother with album art and song art. And I've never found ANY player that can manage playlists as efficiently and as seamlessly as Winamp. Microsoft really never gave alot of thought into managing the way songs were arranged prior to playing them, let alone good tools for controlling how titles may appear in said playlists.

Thank God that's one bit of code that AOL didn't decide was theirs and Winamp can't have it....

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 01:41   #818
geok

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOAL View Post
Click the backside of the first llama on the page.
Thanks, I needed that today!
geok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 22:24   #819
haynz

Can someone hijack this?

haynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 00:54   #820
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynz View Post
Can someone hijack this?
Could you explain? Mine looks nothing like that, where did you get Winamp and what version is it? No, I don't mean the skin. I'm talking about the about page,here's mine for example

Edit:haynz you should check for viruses, rootkits etc. and get rid of it to be safe, I just installed from http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/ just to check and there is no difference from my screen shot... tell us where you got this so we can keep people away from it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1208
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	51673  
Old 8th February 2015, 01:43   #821
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Don't worry, seems like a bad-fake-mockup, a shoutcast.com screenshot is pasted over the About Winamp pic. You can tell by how it overlaps on the bottom part and the bad top margin (and the lack of stroke around the pic, and the difference of color between the window bg and the page..).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 07:44   #822
haynz

its a suggestion if someone can do this .....or illegal too?
( ... and i know my mistakes - its just a quick and dirty artwork ... even fullscreen button and scrollbar missing ... sry been too late at night XD)

Last edited by haynz; 8th February 2015 at 09:13.
haynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 19:02   #823
Eon1021

2015 Where is Winamp

Where is winamp? It is 2015 already. The coding is all there just rebrand it. How hard can it be?
Eon1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 20:26   #824
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon1021 View Post
Where is winamp? It is 2015 already. The coding is all there just rebrand it. How hard can it be?
You should really read the thread to understand why it hasn't been released yet
Old 8th February 2015, 20:27   #825
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynz View Post
its a suggestion if someone can do this .....or illegal too?
My question is... why would this thought come up in the first place?
Old 8th February 2015, 22:25   #826
bloodfiredeath

What I meant to type was when using winamp through lastfm, it plays the wrong song and wrong album cover at times, it does quite a few times during the week, so I am going to be using music bee, which seems will be better as winamp is not what is used to be.
bloodfiredeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 08:45   #827
shadow0897

when is the next version coming out cuz the site still says its in development??
shadow0897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 09:04   #828
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow0897 View Post
when is the next version coming out cuz the site still says its in development??
Guys and girls,

Please read the thread. There is a lot of work being done on Winamp for the relaunch. Be patient and enjoy the current version. The Devs are at work

Powering through with the bolt
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 17:33   #829
GorillaCat

The next release is supposed to be some time in late 2015, same as every post on this thread that announced it. But it might be even later due to extenuating circumstances. Please read the entire thread before posting to complain or ask when it is coming out. Or you can save yourself and us the trouble by checking http://winampplugins.co.uk/Winamp/ for updates.
Old 10th February 2015, 15:50   #830
old and quite mad
Major Dude

All these one-off "Waaaaaa, new winamp must be NAO" posts could find a nice home in the Bin. They add nada to this thread, more than a few of them are throw away posts by throw away accounts and that is what the Bin is for.

Also, the Bin dwellers would find them tasty, crunchy and probably quite good with ketchup.

"I don't even use winamp or really know what it is. yeah" - Thedesignisgreat
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 17:38   #831
davor.geci

Quote:
Originally Posted by old and quite mad View Post
All these one-off "Waaaaaa, new winamp must be NAO" posts could find a nice home in the Bin. They add nada to this thread, more than a few of them are throw away posts by throw away accounts and that is what the Bin is for.

Also, the Bin dwellers would find them tasty, crunchy and probably quite good with ketchup.
Hehe mmm delicious
davor.geci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2015, 19:14   #832
GorillaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by old and quite mad View Post

Quite mad indeed
Old 16th February 2015, 23:34   #833
Manuel E. Ramíre

Please, take note about my correct name: Manuel E. Ramírez
Manuel E. Ramíre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 09:43   #834
Meaney

Noted.
Meaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 11:59   #835
Tergulath

In hindsight I think winamp going open sourced(github etc) would have been a better idea. These Radionomy devs just don't communicate with the community at all about recent development.
Tergulath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 15:42   #836
Aminifu
Forum King

On November 20, 2013, AOL announced that on December 20, 2013, it would shut down Winamp.com, and the software would no longer be available for download, nor supported by the company after that date. The following day, an unofficial report surfaced that Microsoft was in talks with AOL to acquire Nullsoft. Despite AOL's announcement, the Winamp site was not shut down as planned, and on January 14, 2014, it was officially announced that Belgian online radio aggregator Radionomy had bought the Nullsoft brand, which includes Winamp and Shoutcast. No financial details were publicly announced. However, TechCrunch has reported that the sale of Winamp and Shoutcast is worth between $5 and $10 million, with AOL taking a 12% stake (a financial, not strategic, investment) in Radionomy in the process.

For the past 12 months, Radionomy has been focused on making SHOUTcast profitable. Once that happens more resources can be shifted to the re-work and re-release of Winamp (probably the desktop client first). The new Winamp version is expected to be a 'free' app including the features that were previously sold in the Pro version. Free or low cost alternatives for most of the online features and licensed code AOL was paying for are also expected. The first new release is expected to have several code optimizations and few new features.

Winamp going open source was never an option (despite the online petition started by some Winamp fans), AOL was just going to shut everything down. Read posts #751 and #768 in this thread, continue using the current version, and CHILL OUT. It won't hurt to urge everyone you know, with an interest in online radio, to support SHOUTcast.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 16:02   #837
musicf8
Major Dude

I still think they should just stick a bright red banner with large bold black font at the top of the forums site that says "status of winamp development" that links to a locked thread that says:

Q. When will the new Winamp be released?
A: No official ETA has been announced.... <details about shoutcast and the other details>

Q: Can I post in the forum asking for status updates or complain about it taking forever to release? Because i'm sure it's never been brought up before.
A: Sure, if you want your post deleted and your account banned.

^_^
Old 17th February 2015, 16:26   #838
Aminifu
Forum King

There is ample evidence that cry babies' posts are not deleted and their accounts are not banned.

I do wish these people would do something else with their time.

No one is happy with the current situation, but causing others to waste time coming here to read news and just finding another whine doesn't help anyone.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2015, 08:57   #839
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
On November 20, 2013, AOL announced that on December 20, 2013, it would shut down Winamp.com, and the software would no longer be available for download, nor supported by the company after that date. The following day, an unofficial report surfaced that Microsoft was in talks with AOL to acquire Nullsoft. Despite AOL's announcement, the Winamp site was not shut down as planned, and on January 14, 2014, it was officially announced that Belgian online radio aggregator Radionomy had bought the Nullsoft brand, which includes Winamp and Shoutcast. No financial details were publicly announced. However, TechCrunch has reported that the sale of Winamp and Shoutcast is worth between $5 and $10 million, with AOL taking a 12% stake (a financial, not strategic, investment) in Radionomy in the process.

For the past 12 months, Radionomy has been focused on making SHOUTcast profitable. Once that happens more resources can be shifted to the re-work and re-release of Winamp (probably the desktop client first). The new Winamp version is expected to be a 'free' app including the features that were previously sold in the Pro version. Free or low cost alternatives for most of the online features and licensed code AOL was paying for are also expected. The first new release is expected to have several code optimizations and few new features.

Winamp going open source was never an option (despite the online petition started by some Winamp fans), AOL was just going to shut everything down. Read posts #751 and #768 in this thread, continue using the current version, and CHILL OUT. It won't hurt to urge everyone you know, with an interest in online radio, to support SHOUTcast.
Epic reply. I would not have said it better.

Powering through with the bolt
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 18:28   #840
Jeeper One
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
The Winamp downloads and Winamp Pro purchases will also be temporarily unavailable
whilst code licensed to/by the previous owner is removed/replaced.
Well this is something that.....

1). Can AND SHOULD be handled behind the scenes WITHOUT taking it off the market AT ALL
2). Should only require A SIMPLE UPDATING of the product page on all the app stores. A task which should only take 5 minutes - NOT A MONTH

YET ANOTHER fine example of people not knowing/doing/practicing SIMPLE BASIC COMMON SENSE Internet 101 & therefore doing things the hard way impacting US USERS in the process

NOT ranting here (Well OK that's a lie ). Just simply pointing out this should've & could've been handled A WHOLE LOT BETTER if SOMEONE had used some BRAINS (Remember THOSE ?? )

[merge point]

Umm FYI Facebook is THE WORST place on the Internet for file hosting because IT IS NOT A FILE HOSTING SITE !!!

I get the idea of the community havcing a page there. But HOSTING FILES there ?? FORGET IT !!! I'm NOT scrolling through all that clutter looking for some post about the addition of Winamp in the files section. And scrolling through the files section isn't very user friendly either

Whoever came up with the idea of using FACEBOOK as a FILE HOST needs to HAVE THEIR HEAD EXAMINED !!!

Does someone have Winamp available on a site OTHER THAN Facebook ?? Looking for Winamp for my Android

Trying to pardon the mess as best as I can but I've been in places IRL where the situation bears the "Please Pardon Our Mess" or "Under Construction" banner but STILL am able to eventually find my way around to where I want to go or need to be. THIS OTOH is WORSE than that

THAT is why people FAILED to use some BRAINS !!! If SOMEONE had, these bases would've been better covered IMO

Cheers

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT Looking for Winamp For Android ?? Download it HERE (Direct APK Download)

That said though Someone who's been doing this may wanna add the APK file to their collection so it's on a website which the community is more familiar with (Found the site via Google)

Pat Cook
Englewood, CO
Jeeper One is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion