Old 9th December 2014, 02:55   #1
Derekwhitton95

Graphic Equalizer Preset?

I am curious if there is a preset that is like this but works. This is just a picture of what id like it to look like. Also if it is possible to make one how would I do so?
Derekwhitton95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 19:25   #2
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Here is a simple version. With some effort, it could be made a lot more interesting. If you have special wishes how exactly it should look, you should learn how to make presets. Just don't expect you'll be an expert in a day.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - simple spectrum.milk (7.0 KB, 2451 views)
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 20:44   #3
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
I've seen your post while i was still at work, and now martin was faster at giving an answer, and he just nailed it

The trick is, to use a custom wave and use the built-in spectrum analyzer to store and post-process the waveform's indexed input values. One idea would be to use the transient variables q1 .. q32, or if you need more space, you can use the gmegabuf - but that is a rather complicated thing and you should have a good plan of what you want to do.

I've used this in my preset "target practice". go to the wave 2 and check by turning it off and on again. It's using 65 points which make the "bins" for the built-in spectrum analyzer. In my example, I've used the data to feed into the acceleration of the 50 agents. The highs move the smaller ones, and the basses drive the bigger triangles forward.

To aim for a visualization like the bars example that you posted above, I'd try and do everything in the shaders. That would explicitly require the data to be passed through the transient q_ variables and you can use 32 bars at max, but you have, excuse the play on words, highest flexibility
Attached Files
File Type: milk flexi - target practice.milk (30.9 KB, 1327 views)
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 21:36   #4
Derekwhitton95

Thank you guys very much. Martins answer works very well. In all honesty I have no clue how to edit it or where to even begin.
Old 10th December 2014, 00:58   #5
Derekwhitton95

So far guys I have this which is pretty much what I want except I'd like the color to stay the same and not scroll across the bars, any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - simple spectrum(edited).milk (7.0 KB, 1260 views)
Old 10th December 2014, 16:00   #6
Nitorami
Major Dude

Derek

As you already seem to know how to edit presets in principle, I can keep it short: Go to Shape1 Code Section and set trel = 0.

@Flexi: Most of the lads want a quick solution, so I thought it more effective to write some code myself (and possibly lay the foundation for something new ?) than to waste time explaining things nobody would read. It's pointless.
Old 11th December 2014, 01:18   #7
Amandio C

Hi.
I made these "oscilloscopes" years ago, using shapes.
Some of them were posted here, others not. Take a look.
Attached Files
File Type: zip oscilloscope.zip (35.8 KB, 1642 views)
Amandio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 01:48   #8
Derekwhitton95

Thank you all so very much for the help. I'll keep you updated if I make any other big changes to it!
Old 11th August 2015, 03:29   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandio C View Post
Hi.
I made these "oscilloscopes" years ago, using shapes.
Some of them were posted here, others not. Take a look.
These are pretty cool, thanks!! (forgot to say it when I took it last year heh).

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 00:53   #10
xmuzack

A little help please?

Hi Nitorami and other preset coders, I hit a roadblock in trying to edit Nitorami's "martin - simple spectrum" preset. I though hmm, maybe in learning more about editing presets I'll tackle a little edit with this one. What I was trying to do is to get rid of the static grey bars top and bottom.

O.k. I know how Derekwhitton95 was able to change the bottom bars to vertical in his edit. Pretty neat stuff, but I can't figure out how to get rid of those grey bars. I tried turning every opacity value to zero, tried deleting sections of code like wavecode_1,2,3 and shapecode_1,2,3. Nothing happened. Rotate values doesn't have any effect and trying to add an effect like Flexi's #12 texture tutorial here: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=26 totally covers everything. What am I missing?

#00 in the same Flexi post gave me this which I liked:

martin - simple spectrum(edited) - Copy.milk

but it shrunked. Zooming doesn't help. I tried using Winamp editing panel and notepad. I do like using notepad for some reason. Is that a better method?

I got this effect by adding
comp_1=`float2 uv1, uv2;
comp_2=`shader_body
comp_3=`{
comp_4=`uv1 = (uv-0.5)*float2(0.52,1)+0.5;
comp_5=`ret = GetPixel(uv1) + GetBlur1(uv1)/2;
comp_6=`
comp_7=`uv2 = float2 (uv1.x+0.0*(uv.y-0.5) , 1-uv1.y);
comp_8=`ret += GetPixel(uv2)*0.07;
comp_9=`
comp_10=`
comp_11=`}

martin - simple spectrum(edited)2.milk

It seems to just be an overlay with the original being shown when I change to a different preset. I like it, but would love to know how to get rid of the white background here.

I'm not asking for anyone to do this, but would love guidance on where to look at to get rid of the grey bars and why rotating nor zooming doesn't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	martin - simple spectrum(edited) - Copy.jpg
Views:	2120
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	52829   Click image for larger version

Name:	martin - simple spectrum(edited).jpg
Views:	2282
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	52830   Click image for larger version

Name:	martin - simple spectrum(edited)2.jpg
Views:	2135
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	52831  
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - simple spectrum(edited) - Copy.milk (4.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: milk martin - simple spectrum(edited)2.milk (7.8 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by xmuzack; 12th November 2016 at 01:03. Reason: missing a word
xmuzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 13:16   #11
Nitorami
Major Dude

xmuzack

The gray background comes from shapes 1. You'll find a = 0.15 in the middle of the code. Set it to zero.

Zoom and rot does not work because this preset does not use the warp shader to create an echo. If you want this, set ret = GetPixel(uv) * 0.9; or similar in the warp shader. That means the warp shader copies the content of the previous frame to the image, brightness multiplied by 0.9 and rotated, shifted etc as defined by globals dx,dx, rot, warp and zoom. The picture may become too bright, you should then reduce the brightness of shape 1.

Note that rot, zoom, etc. have no effect on the original shapes as generated in shape section. Only the copying of the previous frame in the warp shader can be affected.

Why on earth would you use an external editor, where the inbuilt editor is so convenient ?
Old 12th November 2016, 15:26   #12
xmuzack

Hi Nitorami, thanks for your answer to my questions. I'll play around with this preset using these values you shown me. I also found the Ryan's milkdrop preset authoring last night, so I'll be going through that as well.

It seemed easier for me to use notepad or notepad++ (brain wired wrong?) lol , but I'll try using the internal editor more. Thanks once again. :-)
Old 13th November 2016, 02:49   #13
xmuzack

The City of Spectrum

Finally got a spectrum preset that I'm pretty happy with. A thousand thanks to Nitorami for leading the way and to Derekwhitton95 for starting this thread. Have a nice weekend all and have a drink of milkdrop on me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	the city of spectrum.jpg
Views:	2697
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	52841  
Attached Files
File Type: milk xmuzzack + martin + derekwhitton95 - the city of spectrum.milk (7.0 KB, 366 views)
Old 4th February 2017, 14:44   #14
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Somehow I have needed many time, until I have discovered the new postings. Just made the next downloads.

Now I want to leave my single post for You, xmuzack.
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=13
but of course at first I want to see the new presets since 2016, especially Your presets.

I say already: Keep up Your good work!...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 12:52   #15
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have returned to this thread now for different reasons.

In 2014 I had downloaded "oscilloscope.zip" from Post #7. In one of the 3 subfolders I had discovered a problem. I have already 12 other presets with the same filenames from another pack with 458 presets, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12. After yesterday I had searched for a posting with the other .zip-folder "preset pack 01", today I have found this thread, "Preset Pack (458 mashups)":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....ht=preset+pack
Unfortunately the .zip-folder on ZippyShare is not available anymore.

I have made a new .zip-folder, "oscilloscope renamed.zip", and in one of the 3 subfolders I have the renamed filenames now (then I can see also, from where I have the presets). I have to leave it for You.

I hope, You didn't overwrite yet the 12 presets from the other pack. I wanted to ask first before re-posting also the other .zip-folder with the 458 presets.

Now about "The City of Spectrum" in Post #13: The preset is very good, but also the screenshot. I had saved it as "screenshot_the_city_of_spectrum.jpg", and then I began to test it as "neon2alternative1.jpg" together with "neon2.jpg" and the Mega X-Spiral Preset by hakanh. And then I made from each of both images also 5 color-exchange-versions with IrfanView. I have left the .zip-folder with the 12 textures in the other thread.

Now we need success with creating the new edited versions of "martin - simple spectrum in blue.milk", and also "martin - simple spectrum in white.milk" would be needed, as versions "(random texture sliding)" and "(random texture standing)". I have explained a little bit more on Page 687 in "What are you listening to right now?"...
Attached Files
File Type: zip oscilloscope renamed.zip (36.6 KB, 147 views)

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets