Old 15th December 2014, 20:22   #1
musicmafia

I am looking for any way to export a list of all albums in my collection. Is there any way to export to a txt or doc file?

If not is there any way to remotely access my library from my android phone when away? Not to play the files, just to confirm what I have in my collection which is very large?

ps any way to copy/paste the list from the library view? i highlight them but cant seem to copy/paste. not trying to move the music, just a list of artists/albums (not each individual song, just artists and albums)...

[edit]
tried putting all 50K tracks into a playlist and exporting to html but it only shows artist and songs, i need artists and albums.
musicmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 01:24   #2
ryerman
Major Dude

Try this:
  1. Empty the Playlist Editor. (optional)
  2. Change the Advanced Title Formatting (ATF) string to something like: %artist% - %album%. (Preferences > General Preferences > Titles)
  3. Create a Smartview: Track # Equals 1 (trackno = "1"). This assumes every album has 1, and only 1, Track #1.
  4. Send the Smartview to a Library Playlist.
  5. Generate HTML playlist.

fyi: Mp3tag has a robust export scripting feature.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 01:32   #3
DrO

http://winampplugins.co.uk/mlexporter.html works with the current patched Winamp release (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download) and allows you to re-process the information in the exported files.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 02:38   #4
ryerman
Major Dude

I had 2 problems with that plug-in.
  1. In Preferences, the "Configure selected plug-in" button became active, but clicking it produced no response.
  2. When exporting a Smartview, not the selected Smartview, but the one above it in the list was exported.

I tried with ml_impex.dll installed and not.

Old 16th December 2014, 04:17   #5
musicmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
http://winampplugins.co.uk/mlexporter.html works with the current patched Winamp release (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....74929#download) and allows you to re-process the information in the exported files.
seems to have downloaded and installed successfully but I still get the same html file with artists and songs
Old 16th December 2014, 04:19   #6
musicmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
Try this:
  2. Change the Advanced Title Formatting (ATF) string to something like: %artist% - %album%. (Preferences > General Preferences > Titles)
  3. Create a Smartview: Track # Equals 1 (trackno = "1"). This assumes every album has 1, and only 1, Track #1.

I somehow figured out how to change the string (woohoo!) but I have no idea what a smartview is...I'm almost there I can feel it.
Old 16th December 2014, 04:36   #7
musicmafia

Quote:
I had 2 problems with that plug-in.
  1. In Preferences, the "Configure selected plug-in" button became active, but clicking it produced no response.
  2. When exporting a Smartview, not the selected Smartview, but the one above it in the list was exported.

I tried with ml_impex.dll installed and not.
Dude, I figured out how to do it (a little help from google) and IT WORKED!!! You guys rock! Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 15:00   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmafia View Post
Dude, I figured out how to do it (a little help from google) and IT WORKED!!! You guys rock! Thanks
it would be nice if you shared.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:29   #9
musicmafia

ryerman's first suggestion is what worked for me! it took me a while to figure out how to do it because I didn't know what ATF and smartview were. I googled and somehow figured out the terminology and sure enough ryerman's method worked for me. I would be the last person to be able to explain how it worked as I'm not a very advanced user but if I could figure it out anyone can. just use ryerman's method, it worked for me. thanks again as I had been trying to find a way to export an album list forever.
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:30   #10
musicmafia

This works!!!

Quote:
Try this:

Old 17th May 2015, 19:35   #11
musicmafia

Now that I've been using this method since January, I have found some issues.

1. Each time I generate the smartview list I seem to get a slightly different list (even if I haven't made any changes to my library) and often albums or entire artists are missing from the list. Example: In my Winamp library I have 2 Buzzcocks albums and 2 tracks from compilations. In March, the list showed the 2 Buzzcocks albums. Now the list shows no Buzzcocks albums at all, although they show and play fine in the main library. Is there any reason the list is not displaying some albums?

2. I have never been able to get compilations to show on this list because it is set up by artist/album. Do I need a separate list for compilations and how do I set that up?

I was thrilled to get this working but would like to get an accurate list if possible. I'm not very tech-savvy and this stuff gives me a migraine so please explain in the simplest terms so even someone with many dead brain cells can figure this out haha. Thanks again for all your help with this. MM
Old 18th May 2015, 04:37   #12
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
2. I have never been able to get compilations to show on this list because it is set up by artist/album. Do I need a separate list for compilations and how do I set that up?
"compilations" means nothing to winamp. it does not distinguish between albums, compilations, or singles, etc. it does not consider, in any way, compilation tags. [see my sig]. it has one rule for everything, or to put it another way, it treats everything by the same set of rules.

so, what is typically done, is an "album artist" value is used, both in the tags, and in the columns (you have to add the column). you have to set this value to the same text string for all the tracks on any given album, like say "Various Artists" or "Soundtrack" and that will group your tracks together.

I always set AA values on ALL tracks and I usually browse by AA as well. this results in a universal exp across all apps.

Quote:
Now that I've been using this method since January, I have found some issues.

1. Each time I generate the smartview list I seem to get a slightly different list (even if I haven't made any changes to my library) and often albums or entire artists are missing from the list. Example: In my Winamp library I have 2 Buzzcocks albums and 2 tracks from compilations. In March, the list showed the 2 Buzzcocks albums. Now the list shows no Buzzcocks albums at all, although they show and play fine in the main library. Is there any reason the list is not displaying some albums?

I was thrilled to get this working but would like to get an accurate list if possible. I'm not very tech-savvy and this stuff gives me a migraine so please explain in the simplest terms so even someone with many dead brain cells can figure this out haha. Thanks again for all your help with this. MM
I have not had any problem (that I have noticed) in having winamp generate an incorrect or incomplete results set in a given smartview.

assuming you have not changed tags, file locations, or smartview criteria, I would first check the validity of all your tags with mp3tag, (and I'd run them thru mp3val as well), and then I'd try to reproduce the issue. u won't get the issue fixed unless it can be reproduced, which can be hard esp if there is a truly intermittent problem.

--
Old 19th May 2015, 00:17   #13
musicmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
...I have not had any problem (that I have noticed) in having winamp generate an incorrect or incomplete results set in a given smartview.

assuming you have not changed tags, file locations, or smartview criteria, I would first check the validity of all your tags with mp3tag, (and I'd run them thru mp3val as well), and then I'd try to reproduce the issue. u won't get the issue fixed unless it can be reproduced, which can be hard esp if there is a truly intermittent problem.
I set up the smartview list to show artist and album title which is what I wanted. Haven't touched it since.

I did move all 50K songs to a new external hard drive, using a different usb port, but all the files copied fine and all the files play fine and show up in Winamp, some just are now not showing in my smartlist.

The issue doesn't seem to be intermittent. My description may have been misleading. It worked fine at first as far as I can tell. Now when I go the the smart list, @ 50 to 100 artists/albums are not displaying in the list. The same ones are missing each time. This did start after moving the files but as mentioned the files are all there in Winamp.

I don't really know what tag validity means and Ive never used mp3tag or anything like it. What should I do, download the programs and run all 50K (closer to 60K) flac files through it? How long will that take, is there any downside and is it likely to resolve the issue?

Thanks again, MM
Old 19th May 2015, 07:50   #14
MrSinatra
Forum King

please describe the exact criteria for your smartview, and then describe (or better yet post) a file that always works and one that always doesn't work.

--
Old 19th May 2015, 18:54   #15
musicmafia

Mr. Sinatra, thanks for your help.

My smartview is Track # Equals 1, Filters Simple Artist/Album/Album

By post a file, do you want me to post the Flac file itself? I'm not sure how to attach it. Or do you just want the id tag info?
Old 19th May 2015, 19:01   #16
musicmafia

black crowes file works, buzzcocks file does not show in smartview
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	w1.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	51804   Click image for larger version

Name:	w2.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	51805  
Old 19th May 2015, 19:59   #17
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
black crowes file works, buzzcocks file does not show in smartview
The Buzzcocks file has a track number of 3.
Why would you expect it to show in a Smartview that filters out all tracks except where track number = 1?

Old 19th May 2015, 20:45   #18
musicmafia

here are screen shots of my main audio view (see buzzcocks) and the smartview (no buzzcocks)....other artists missing as well...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	win4.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	51806   Click image for larger version

Name:	win5.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	51807  
Old 19th May 2015, 20:54   #19
musicmafia

Quote:
The Buzzcocks file has a track number of 3.
Why would you expect it to show in a Smartview that filters out all tracks except where track number = 1?
Well, I guess that explains why albums like these aren't in my smartview. The first 2 tracks on that album were duplicates and I had better quality versions on another album so I must have deleted the first two tracks on that album. I'm guessing I've done this with many albums so that brings me back to my original post -

How do I get an exportable list of all my albums, alphabetically by artist and only showing artist and album title? (even if some don't have a track one?)
Old 20th May 2015, 03:29   #20
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
....How do I get an exportable list of all my albums, alphabetically by artist and only showing artist and album title? (even if some don't have a track one?)
All I can imagine is that you must define a Smartview that returns one and only one track from every album.
If you cannot do that with the existing library data base, you can modify the data base.

One way to do that is to create and add a "pseudo-track" for every album.
The tracks might be half a second of silence. (Winamp will crash if the tracks are too short.)
They could be tagged to provide the required information and to allow them to be filtered out of any Smartview when you're playing music and not creating lists.

But if I want to create lists, I use Mp3tag.
http://help.mp3tag.de/main_export.html
http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=1563

The attached file was created with a 5 line script in Mp3tag.
More complex scripts can create very intricate and sortable lists.

You may have to learn how to create export scripts in order to get the list in your desired form.
Another possible downside is that you have to load all your music files into Mp3tag.
50 thousand files are not a problem but it would take many minutes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Artist-Album List.txt (17.5 KB, 163 views)

Old 22nd May 2015, 01:04   #21
musicmafia

That's a great list (lots of good music too). I would be fine with Artist/Date/Album or anything that puts each album on one (and only one) line without all the individual track titles.

I know zero about scripts, tagging, etc. I looked at the mp3tag forum link above and it was all greek to me.

If anyone thinks of an easy way to set up a smartview to list by album, one album per line, please help
Old 26th May 2015, 01:57   #22
musicmafia

does anyone know how to create and use an export script that will just show Artist/Album (no tracks) for all my albums (even those w/o a track 1)? thanks! MM
Old 1st October 2015, 08:16   #23
chapiz

Quote:
Try this:

ryerman what he says works perfectly.
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support