Old 12th June 2015, 02:25   #1
vs271

Correcting Filepaths. re Listfix

So I am trying to correcting some song filepaths, to clean up my library. The songs aren't necessarily in any playlists. I looked into Listfix because it sounds promising but I can't figure it out. If anyone has used it....I would appreciate a Listfix for Dummies instruction. I have no clue how to approach this. Since I don't really use Playlists. The box where I have Playlist Directory is blank??? Then there is the box with Media Directories Usually I can figure these things out....but I am lost here.

If anyone who has used this program can shed some light I would appreciate it.
vs271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2015, 16:20   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

The playlist directory box is where you enter the filepath of the folder where you want your fixed playlists stored. Use the ListFix's "File" menu "Options..." command to open the window where you can enter this folder's filepath (or browse to and select the folder) and select other program options.

The media directories box lists the root folders where your music files are stored. These top level folders and all their sub-folders are searched for files with the same names as the ones with incorrect filepaths in the playlist(s). Use the buttons under this box to perform the actions written on each button.

Use the large "Open A Playlist" button to browse to and select a playlist you want ListFix to work on. ListFix will only attempt to fix filepaths in an external playlist that has 1 or more items with incorrect locations. It can not fix the incorrect locations (filepaths) of items in the Winamp media library. If the same filename is found in more than 1 location, you are given the option to select the location (filepath) you want used.

Winamp can be set up to automatically remove missing items from it's media library (i.e. files moved to another folder or deleted). If all of the root folders where you store your music are entered in Winamp as "Watch Folders", then you can have Winamp rescan these folders and add any new files to the media library. A file moved to a different location is treated as a new file by Winamp. Winamp uses a file's location as part of the file's unique ID, so if a file is copied to a different location, it is treated as a different new file (even though both files are actually the same). The media library record of a file previously scanned is updated during a rescan, if the file's modification date has changed (due to changing, or adding to, it's internal tags). The history data (such as play counts) associated with such files (and files considered as 'new') is restarted from scratch.

Press "Ctrl + P" to open the Winamp Preferences and look in the "Media Library - Local Library" options on the "Watch Folders" tab for these and other related features.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Last edited by Aminifu; 12th June 2015 at 17:28.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 08:46   #3
chapiz

Aminifu u are the king
chapiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
filepath, listfix