Old 2nd August 2015, 06:49   #1
saudiqbal

Looking for a visualizer like this one.

Does Winamp has any visualizer similar to this?

saudiqbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 21:03   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hmmm... there was one quite complete very similar to this, it had that "particles" effects but it didn't had the glowing effect though (but it had a lot of other options to adjust it to your needs).
Its name is something like "advanced spectrum visualizer".. But I'm not sure.. (can check later if you want)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 14:59   #3
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have a few videos in one of my YouTube-Playlists, with "Ambient & Downtempo"...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...CqqsQBkvan2lTA
Maybe with video-uploads from the same other user...

I don't think, that such a visualizer would exist also for Winamp.

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 18:56   #4
Nitorami
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nitorami
Boring.
Attached Files
File Type: milk martin - simple spectrum in blue.milk (8.5 KB, 726 views)
Nitorami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 03:15   #5
saudiqbal

Thanks, where did you find this! Its not boring, its actually better than those weird looking visualizers. It looks elegant and clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
Boring.
saudiqbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 03:26   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitorami View Post
Boring.
Oh shit I saw this at work and forgot about it! Was kinda excited to see what it was but it isn't what I thought..
Martin, do you think the style of the pic above is doable? (guess the glowing is easy, the particles being "ejected" from the peaks may be hard, am I right?)
I have a set of osciloscopes set apart, but none are actually this slick (few colors, thin bars), is it doable?

PS / EDIT: I've reasearch a bit, similar questions have been asked many times before... sorry Martin, don't hit me! (I do think what I aim to is different though... )

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 18:48   #7
Nitorami
Major Dude

@saudiqbal : I did not find it but made it myself.

@Victhor: Particles should be possible but the original does not have them, see it live here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8z8CPEcCHA
I do not know where the particles in the screenshot come from, I just tried to replicate the original.
Old 28th October 2016, 15:40   #8
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Listening to right now:
Fingers In The Noise - Undo & Redo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YJM...an2lTA&index=6
by Nebojša Mikavica

And also this version looks very fine.

Okay, I made tests and previews with IrfanView, turned the .jpg-file into greyscales and checked, if it would look fine also in other colors, "... in colorname", for example also in Cyan, Magenta, Red, Green, Yellow, Grey. I think, in Blue it will look at best. But maybe I have given the inspiration now also for "martin - simple spectrum in black and blue.milk"...

But maybe it makes sense to visit also some other channels on YouTube, for example SuckMeTrance and TECHTRAX, for some more inspirations. You can watch "Oceanlab Feat. Justine Suissa - Clear Blue Water (Ferry Corsten Remix)" and "DRcast 23 - DAVID ROSALIE and guest dj TECHTRAX"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWLTWbpKfnM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQDTE0P3eCQ
I hope, You will have some new ideas. Good Luck!...

Old 28th October 2016, 18:40   #9
hakanh

I previously made different works in the past. You can see some of them, https://www.instagram.com/p/BMHcnULB...hannaultranavy

Also, I want to say something about visual at this link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YJM...an2lTA&index=6
I love the dancer effect in background. It is awesome, fascinating and smooth.
MARTIN, can you make that effect? I remembered you made a preset like that. (there is a dancer and constantly 'step by step' was changing)
If you can make, maybe we can do different awesome things with that.
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 19:33   #10
Nitorami
Major Dude

Well -

The SuckMe Trance and TECHTRAX visuals are trivial, and really a beginner's job. Hakanh, wouldn't you want to give it a try ? Indeed your work on instagram is quite similar.

The other one, "fingers in the noise" - nope, that can't be done. It would be fairly easy with unfettered access to the GPU, but not within the milkdrop sandbox.
Old 28th October 2016, 20:04   #11
hakanh

Hi Martin,
I only talked about Sabine's first sharing youtube link with us (Fingers In The Noise - Undo & Redo)
There is a dancer in the background and the effect is smooth. (even consisting of particles)
So, I wanted you make it (only dancer effect).

The others are really basic things. Don’t mention.
hakanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 20:27   #12
Nitorami
Major Dude

Yes, that's what I understood. The visual in this link is based on a video of a person dancing to this music, decomposed into partcles. Milkdrop cannot import videos in the first place, and the handling of particles is very limited, essantially to 2048 dots in the wave section, and 4096 shapes in the shape section. So - this cannot be done, unfortunately.
Old 1st November 2016, 15:08   #13
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

After I went offline, on the weekend I made 16 new screenshots with "martin - simple spectrum in blue.milk" after adding the subfolder "Vytis" of "SoundCloud Downloads" with the pre-versions of his songs to my playlist. Only number 0009 was the best result, and I made a cut in 1720x870 pixel, because I wanted to take the previews in IrfanView also with this cut, not only with the downloaded "Untitled_2.png". I think, the colors cannot be made better than they are now. "In Blue" is used everywhere very often, for example for the light systems on TV-Shows. In other colors it would not look so good there.

But based on this preset I can imagine also another preset, again with the spectrum in the middle line, but going to above instead of going to below, and also symmetrical and with a color between Red and Magenta. The background can be again darker.

Somehow I got my ideas from the legendary Old MySpace Player, before again MySpace had changed the player and then also the Profile Layout itself. Of course it could be done much better than in my 3 cuts of my older screenshots, where it was very difficult to get more of the visualizer going to above. It does not need to be solid, also the thin lines of "martin - simple spectrum in blue.milk" would be good.

BTW, the disappeared Old MySpace Player was also the inspiration for the "Ambient Serial" with 6 Classic Skins. They are available together with some other .wsz-files in my thread "Some own works with Skinamp"... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=392597
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sternenmaschinebine_Old_MySpace_Player_0001.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	52798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sternenmaschinebine_Old_MySpace_Player_0002.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	52799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sternenmaschinebine_Old_MySpace_Player_0003.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	52800  

Old 5th November 2016, 13:54   #14
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yesterday I had searched again for "liquid soul - global illumination" and I had found the video. The name of the user is Zow Tech (BobyLoveLIn). I found only 2 videos with this visualizer.

2 days ago I was able to check out the channel of Nebojša Mikavica (shonemik), and I had found new videos. They all are with very good music. How did the user do that all?

About the video "Fingers In The Noise - Undo & Redo": It seems, the user had interacted 2 video-scenes with each other. The dancer in the background is in the second video-scene, the visualizer in the foreground is in the first video-scene.

I can understand, that hakanh wanted to have especially the dancer in the background as new preset. I myself was more focussed on the colors of the visualizer itself, and I have mentioned already, that I like the combination of the colors in the foreground and background. It cannot be made better.

I can imagine, that a preset with the dancer cannot be done, not with so many particles...

Old 28th February 2017, 14:47   #15
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have returned to this thread now.

I like Your ideas, xmuzack, that also a background image could be used in "martin - simple spectrum in blue.milk". Maybe the new edited version could be named also "martin - simple spectrum in white(random texture).milk" instead of "martin - simple spectrum in blue(random texture).milk", because maybe it could look better in white. You have talked about that in the last posting on Page 686 in "What are you listening to right now?":
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07744&page=686
and I have tried to answer a little bit on Page 687:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07744&page=687

I think, You will have a little bit more knowledges about the editing of presets than I myself. I can change only the images in the presets, but nothing else. I want to give that into Your hands now, Martin and xmuzack...

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets