Old 11th December 2015, 06:18   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Komodo X Touchscreen

Just in time for christmas
One year after my last release (!!), here we go again with a monster skin. Hope you like it. Comments, favs, money, flattering, clothes, cars or gold everything is more than welcome XD.

Get it from DeviantArt: http://victhor.deviantart.com/art/Ko...thor-577329475

.......................................................................................................................................
Don't forget to check the exclusive gallery: komodo-backgrounds.deviantart.com

.......................................................................................................................................
Preloaded backgrounds by Mike Winkelmann, AKA Beeple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	komodo_x_touchscreen_by_victhor-d9jq69v.jpg
Views:	6071
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	52154  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 18:58   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Thank you for this release!

I was just about to nag you for another Komodo beta update.

I really like the changes you've made, especially to the browser and external playlist editor. I do have a few issues.

1. I can't get the Now Playing panel to show the cd box and artwork for the playing tracks. I tried using the files from the previous version's NowPlaying folder and got the same result. The reflected artwork images are displayed on this panel and the PL+ cover panel (which displays the main artwork just fine), but they still go bad from time to time so I disabled them in the overrides.xml file.

How is the optional cd box artwork supposed to be used?

2. When I try to open a folder to select a custom background on the configuration panel, I get the following error message;

"Cannot find
'file:@SKINPATH@engine\xui\fileSelect\fselect.maki'.
Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

Shouldn't there be a "\" between "@SKINPATH@" and "engine" in the script or xml file for this?

3. How do I turn off the monotone overlay when selecting a preloaded background or the desktop background? If this is the Color Theme Support, then it doesn't work well with the dark themes I like, imo.

Thanks for fixing the "Good ol' black n'*" themes. However, the title bar elements of the Good ol' black n'red theme are still red before pointing to them.

4. The occasional distortion (short vertical white lines) on the right side of the track change notifier pop-up is back. It happens when the notifier expands for wide text strings (like a long song title or album name).

Also, the artwork and text is not vertically centered in the pop-up panel (it's more noticeable than before). If this is necessary to prevent clipping the bottom edge of the artwork, then leave it be.

5. Sometimes when I right-click on the address in the internal browser, Windows Explorer opens instead of opening the address in my external browser. So far, I've not been able to determine the exact steps to take to make this happen consistently.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2015, 19:31   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Thanks as always for the in deep reply. Here we go:

1, 2 and 4: Are you sure you're using last Winamp version? (cover and text alignment is a design decision, it's basically a top-left alignment meant to look fine 90% of the time even when long text force it to stretch)

3 You can't. It's the fun part of color theme support heh. The workaround is to use those images like custom backgrounds (save it somewhere else or pick it from Skin folder\backgrounds).

5 It's due to one of 2 reasons:
a. On some webs the browser doesn't finish loading all the elements (you see the address bar still active). This is probably due to the Internet Explorer config.
b. A matter of time, looks like the original script takes some time to accommodate to the new address, so you need to give it an extra second before using the Right click on it. It happens on my cPro2 install too (it uses the same technology, but without the need to install the whole plugin)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 11th December 2015, 20:04   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Thanks as always for the in deep reply. Here we go:

1, 2 and 4: Are you sure you're using last Winamp version? (cover and text alignment is a design decision, it's basically a top-left alignment meant to look fine 90% of the time even when long text force it to stretch)
I get your meaning, but I don't understand how the 2 issue can be related to cover and text alignment.

What about the images and script in the Optional folder?

I'll re-look at some things and get back to you.

Old 11th December 2015, 22:57   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
..I don't understand how the 2 issue can be related to cover and text alignment.
No, it was just a side note to your comment about the alignment. I meant it is a design decision, not related to the Winamp version.

Quote:
What about the images and script in the Optional folder?
Those files were there on the original skin. On a future version I'll put some extra goodies. Right now is just alternative images to put on Skin folder\engine\xui\NowPlaying (VERY subtle changes though, except cdbox-shadow-.png that adds an extra effect if you remove the "-" at the end of he filename) and the overlay is not a script, just an XML placeholder to put images above everything. Again, it was there on the original skin and I didn't wanted to change it in case I could add some extra flavour later.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 12th December 2015, 21:22   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... (VERY subtle changes though, except cdbox-shadow-.png that adds an extra effect if you remove the "-" at the end of he filename) ...
Very subtle indeed, I don't see any change in the slight shadow at the bottom of the cd case, with or without the cdbox-shadow.png and a white background image.

I like the clear cd case, but a color theme supported case color would be noticeable in a future version.

Old 22nd December 2015, 01:54   #7
zeroichi92

Hey there Victhor!

Thanks a lot for this awesome skin. Going through the skin changes, I noticed that you removed the playlist tab below the cover art (next to Web+ tab). Is there any way that I can add this tab back into this new skin? I kinda dig that playlist tab from the previous versions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	293
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	52153  
zeroichi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 03:10   #8
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hmmm... I moved the button to the top drawer, not good enough? I know is not the same but maybe.. (I could get back the PL button tomorrow if you want)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	plext.png
Views:	348
Size:	578.7 KB
ID:	52155  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 03:31   #9
zeroichi92

Oh, I didn't notice that. Silly me.

I don't really mind as long I could have quick access to the playlist. Thanks Victhor.
zeroichi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 03:39   #10
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

it's a big skin, so you'll discover more stuff eventually, at least that's what I intended.. Lol

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 04:33   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroichi92 View Post
Oh, I didn't notice that. Silly me.

I don't really mind as long I could have quick access to the playlist. Thanks Victhor.
You can also use the <Alt+E> shortcut keys, for quick access to the external playlist.

@Victhor,

Is there anyway to have the playlist on the PL+ panel auto-rotate to the current track?

Old 22nd December 2015, 12:31   #12
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
..Is there anyway to have the playlist on the PL+ panel auto-rotate to the current track?
Mmmm... that's only triggered when switching songs (the same with the coverflow). If Winamp doesn't have it on its own native playlist, I highly doubt there is some mechanism I can invoque to replicate it, but I'll look into it sooner or later though because I want myself that behaviour heh.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:08   #13
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... If Winamp doesn't have it on its own native playlist, I highly doubt there is some mechanism I can invoque to replicate it, ...
The Winamp playlist editor does have the ability to rotate the playlist (up or down) to keep the currently playing item in view. There is even an option to disable this feature. It works in the skin's external playlist editor window. I hope you'll be able to incorporate this feature into the PL+ list panel, sooner or later.

Happy Holidays!

Old 22nd December 2015, 15:17   #14
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I thought you referred to a specific button to do that. The current PL+ does have that behavior, like the traditional PL when switching songs, the focus is maintained on the currently playing item.
BUT the PL+ DOES have a delay, when the current song "moves to" the bottom, switching to ONE next song won't move the PL+, but it will do on the next switch (sort of a delay I think). I'll see if I can fix it.
Or maybe we're not talking about the same feature, exactly where can I enable / disable it on the Winamp prefs?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:18   #15
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
BUT the PL+ DOES have a delay, when the current song "moves to" the bottom, switching to ONE next song won't move the PL+, but it will do on the next switch (sort of a delay I think). I'll see if I can fix it.
Well, it does do as you say, i.e. scrolls the playlist on the next item played after the currently playing item is no longer visible! I wasn't waiting long enough to see that happen. Instead, I was scrolling manually when I didn't see the current item.

If you can't remove the delay, that's ok since the listing does scroll eventually and most will probably not notice the delay.

Anyway, the option "Prevent Winamp from scrolling the current file into view" is provided by DrO's Jump to File Extra plug-in (semi-official plug-in included in the Winamp installation package). If JTFE is installed, the option is on the Winamp Preferences (Ctrl+P) Jump to File - Extras panel under Miscellaneous Features.

Old 22nd December 2015, 18:32   #16
Aminifu
Forum King

I also notice that the indicator to the left of the playlist item on the PL+ list panel no longer has a function and since it is not kept in sync with the currently playing item, it should be removed (unless I'm missing something or you intended to use it for something in the future).

Old 22nd December 2015, 20:10   #17
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
I also notice that the indicator to the left of the playlist item on the PL+ list panel no longer has a function and since it is not kept in sync with the currently playing item, it should be removed (unless I'm missing something or you intended to use it for something in the future).
You mean this indicator? v v v
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	komodox-indicator.png
Views:	301
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	52157  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:16   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes

Old 22nd December 2015, 20:33   #19
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

That indicator never pointed out to currently playing item, it's just the left part of the selector background. I changed its style from original version to make it more visible, but it's still part of the selector.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:48   #20
Aminifu
Forum King

But what is it for? If I remember correctly, it previously allowed a "sent to" function to be performed if it was right-clicked on.

In the playlist editor, a single click or right-click on an item highlights it in a different color than the currently playing item. This lets you select 1 or more items (shift or control + click), that may or may not include the currently playing item, in order to perform various actions on them.

On this panel, multiple items can not be selected and that indicator appears next to the item that is single clicked, double clicked, or right-clicked on. So it indicates what was last clicked on, but serves no other purpose that I can see.

EDIT:
Forget these last few posts. I'm being dumb today. I now see that the indicator shows the item that the "move up", "move down", and "- remove" acts on. I assume that "+ add" items are placed above or below the indicated item (I had not used those functions yet).

Old 23rd December 2015, 01:37   #21
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
But what is it for? If I remember correctly, it previously allowed a "sent to" function to be performed if it was right-clicked on..
Nope, that function was always on the "+" icon surrounded by a circle (next to the divider line, on the track info area to the left of the list of songs).

Quote:
On this panel, multiple items can not be selected and that indicator appears next to the item that is single clicked, double clicked, or right-clicked on. So it indicates what was last clicked on, but serves no other purpose that I can see.
Indeed, multiple selection is not possible, but..

Quote:
EDIT:
Forget these last few posts. I'm being dumb today. I now see that the indicator shows the item that the "move up", "move down", and "- remove" acts on. I assume that "+ add" items are placed above or below the indicated item (I had not used those functions yet).
...I think you still don't get it lol. If you're using a dark theme (like "good old black n'blue"), probably you're not seeing the entire "selector" behind the song you click on / select. The little left rectangle we're talking about is just the left side of a big selection bar, no different than the one on the traditional PL except that this is highly styled..

And that's it for today, the next question about it will have some charge at least lol..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 23rd December 2015, 04:40   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... If you're using a dark theme (like "good old black n'blue"), probably you're not seeing the entire "selector" behind the song you click on / select. The little left rectangle we're talking about is just the left side of a big selection bar, no different than the one on the traditional PL except that this is highly styled...
Ah, I now see that the color theme and background makes a big difference. With some combinations, the color of the big selection bar is very subtle or it makes the selected item hard to read unless the "alternate focus" feature is used.

At the moment, I'm more comfortable using the playlist editor for moving and removing items, but I assume this does provide more placement control when adding items.

Off to work now. I'm sure we'll have more to chat about later as I learn more about this skin.

Old 5th January 2016, 21:03   #23
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... but I assume this does provide more placement control when adding items.
Nope, "+ add" items are added to the end of the playlist on the PL+ list panel. It was to much to hope that items could be placed at different locations (like at the top of the playlist or after the currently playing or selected item). Anyway, that functionality is provided in the external playlist editor's search box context menu for moving around 'found' items that are already in the playlist.

The PL+ list panel is more than adequate for quick, simple playlist edits and the external playlist editor is available to handle more complex edits.

The owners of Winamp should offer to buy this skin and make it the new Winamp default, imo.

Old 6th January 2016, 05:06   #24
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
The PL+ list panel is more than adequate for quick, simple playlist edits and the external playlist editor is available to handle more complex edits..

The fun of the PL+ is mainly found on touchscreen displays, where the traditional Playlist is way more powerful but also very hard to use and do some simple tasks like scrolling or aiming to a single track to play (unless you use a big font with large space between lines..).
I've added some flavour/info to make it more useful and not waste blank apace like in the original version.

Quote:
The owners of Winamp should offer to buy this skin and make it the new Winamp default, imo.

Wow! Glad to hear that, but for the time being I'm happy if they don't break compatibility and improve album art handling (something DrO and I talked about a few times, he even had plans and ideas to implement..)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 28th February 2016, 18:24   #25
skywalker6705

Send a message via AIM to skywalker6705 Send a message via Yahoo to skywalker6705
This skin is astonishingly good. Saw it linked in the Winamp News thread, and wow. Excellent work, and amazing job giving this little old player some legs despite it's age.
skywalker6705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2016, 03:50   #26
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Thanks! Glad you like it so much.
Looks like despite having a Dribbble post, a DeviantArt group filled with bg pics, all sort of FB posts and a couple of threads here, Aminifu's posts are my greatest advertising so far! XD

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 8th March 2016, 18:41   #27
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

I made some changes to the default "Good ol' black n' blue" color theme and now the 'coloring' applied to the preloaded and desktop images makes them not visible at all when using the modified color theme. I started with removing the purple tint from the seekbar and then went a little further.

I can't figure out which gammagroup change(s) I made that broke this feature. I was using a custom background image when I made the changes and so wasn't aware which change it was. I could go back and make each change one at a time, but I like the 'new look'. The attached file below contains the default (at the top) and the modified themes. Hopefully, you already know which is the critical gammagroup(s). Can you take a look when you get some free time?

Attachment 52295

Last edited by Aminifu; 1st July 2016 at 16:46.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:14   #28
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Are you using Color editor, don't you?

The gammagroup affecting the bg pics is "n.sui.background.top"*, you can leave it as the default one or try to play with the values a bit higher.

*I know it doesn't make sense for what is does, it's a very bad name, but I needed to have another gammagroup for the bgs pics (different from the list and SUI bgs) and didn't want to create a new one since I imported most CTs from cPro2 styler & Aluminum II.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 8th March 2016, 19:27   #29
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
The gammagroup affecting the bg pics is "n.sui.background.top"*, you can leave it as the default one or try to play with the values a bit higher.
Thank you for the quick reply. I changed that gammagroup back to the default and now the preloaded and desktop images work again.

No, I'm not using the Color Editor. I was changing things using the 'trial and error' method. I don't remember why I changed that particular gammagroup. I guess it made sense to me at the time.

Old 8th March 2016, 19:36   #30
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

My God, you should use Color editor! It'll make CTs a hundred times easier. BUT NOT JUST YET, hold on 'till I make a small tutorial because the plugin is very buggy right now, but avoiding a couple of things and changing some "methods" can make it work like a charm..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 8th March 2016, 19:46   #31
Aminifu
Forum King

Yeah, I had read in a few posts that the Color Editor has some problems.

Thanx for offering to do a tutorial. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated.
Take your time, there's no rush. I don't intend to make any more changes any time soon.

Old 9th March 2016, 15:22   #32
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Once I had used the Color Editor for the default Bento in Winamp 5.581 (somehow between 2011 and 2013), later I exported them, backed them up and pasted them also for Big Bento, not only Bento. When my PC got 2 new harddrives and the second Windows Install in July 2013, my files were not lost. My 20 own Color Themes are still alive.

I have read about the bugs with the Color Editor. I didn't have tried it anymore. But I have found another similar Color Theme for another Modern Skin (cPro2)...

Currently I am focussed on random textures, desktop wallpapers and Komodo backgrounds, and I have a subfolder with 180 desktop wallpapers (they are not too small). On my PC I change the desktop wallpaper manually, on my notebook I have them in the slideshow. I have tested them and I have accessed them directly via "DESKTOP".

Komodo Vanguard and Komodo X Touchscreen are really very good together with my own works and the works by the Creative Commons Artists (the other good musicians).

BTW, I should finally upload my next 60 own desktop wallpapers on deviantART. 48 other own desktop wallpapers are there already...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
komodo, microsoft surface, skin, surface pro, tablet, touch, touchscreen, winamp