Old 26th October 2017, 16:52   #1
WinampQuestions

Internet Radio Station Playlist Question

Good afternoon,

I host an internet radio station with Winamp and it's been working great!

I have thousands of tracks that Winamp cycles through randomly, and what I'd like to know is if there's a way I can have Winamp play a standardized audio clip between each randomly selected track?

For example, it'd be as if the playlist was set up like this and played without being randomized from the top to bottom:

1) Track #1
2) Station Standardized Audio Clip
3) Track #2
4) Station Standardized Audio Clip (same as the one before)
5) Track #3
And so on

Ideally I'd like to record a Station intro track stating things like "You're listening to our radio station, Thank you for listening, If you have any questions comments or concerns, visit our website, etc." and have that short 15-20 second clip play in between each randomly selected track.

The only reason I don't set up a non-randomized playlist and just have it reference a standardized audio clip every other track is there are literally thousands of tracks, and it would take hours to set up and every time I wanted to add more tracks, it would take tons of time.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!
WinampQuestions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 09:50   #2
DJ-Garybaldy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinampQuestions View Post
Good afternoon,

I host an internet radio station with Winamp and it's been working great!

I have thousands of tracks that Winamp cycles through randomly, and what I'd like to know is if there's a way I can have Winamp play a standardized audio clip between each randomly selected track?

For example, it'd be as if the playlist was set up like this and played without being randomized from the top to bottom:

1) Track #1
2) Station Standardized Audio Clip
3) Track #2
4) Station Standardized Audio Clip (same as the one before)
5) Track #3
And so on

Ideally I'd like to record a Station intro track stating things like "You're listening to our radio station, Thank you for listening, If you have any questions comments or concerns, visit our website, etc." and have that short 15-20 second clip play in between each randomly selected track.

The only reason I don't set up a non-randomized playlist and just have it reference a standardized audio clip every other track is there are literally thousands of tracks, and it would take hours to set up and every time I wanted to add more tracks, it would take tons of time.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!
See https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/using-wina...ate-a-station/ for an answer to your problem... Winamp is only a media player, for what you want you need more advanced automation.

Proud user of RadioDJ v2.0.0 FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - RadioDJv2
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion