With a ton of new features, some bug fixes, and a lot of changes to the way things work, this will be a handful. I hope we all like it though.
For a 1.4 non-beta, I want to give us a good week or two, for plentiful testing, and spruce up the documentation a bit.
Changes in this release:
Note: many of the changes in this release will break previous scripts. Deal with it. It is for your own good.
- Added maxlen parameter to StrCpy
- Added GetFullDLLPath command/instruction
- Added CompareDLLVersions command/instruction
- Added CompareFileTimes command/instruction
- Added leet callback functions
- Added /oname= switch to File.
- Label system (Goto values are no longer specified by number, but by labels, which are declared as Label:)
- Added $OUTDIR variable
- Made it so you could set $INSTDIR directly, using StrCpy/etc
- Renamed Jump to Goto (and FindWindow's jump:label to goto:label). Change em all.
- Removed $WAVISDIR and $WADSPDIR - you now should be able to implement these using ReadINIStr etc.
- Made comments only started with ; not # (may break old scripts).
- Made it so header commands cannot be declared inside functions/sections.
- Massively reorganized compiler (now in one big-ass class) - hey, I got bored on the plane :)
- Reduced the VM instruction size to 24 bytes from 28.
- Reworked and optimized the Function system.
- Rewrote and optimized and fixed recursive_create_directory (though no longer recursive, heh)
- Updated zip2exe to work better with the new changes (WAVISDIR and WADSPDIR going away)
- The documentation needs a lot more love.