OK guys I put together NSIS v1.43.
It is on http://firehose.net/free/nsis
- Cleaned up the way lines ending with \ are concatenated.
- Made $\r and $\n converted before parsing, so that you can use them anywhere (even in header attributes)
- Added GetParent instruction which lets you get the parent directory of a directory.
- Added /ifempty switch to DeleteRegKey
I'm going to start working on NSIS 1.5 shortly. Features I'm planning on adding:
- support for defining symbols and having <symbol> be replaced in the source file
- support for !undefine
- having a reboot flagging system, and a reboot instruction
- more options for uninstaller (including callbacks and silent mode)
- enumregkey/enumregvalue instructions (maybe).
I have some other things I've been thinking about, but I'm trying to weigh in which things I will do, and which ones I won't, because I don't want to bloat the exe header. Compiler improvements (like the !define features) will most definately get in, since they really don't cost anything.
A lot of people have been emailing me with their custom functions for doing things like checking whether or not the current user is the administrator, what version of windows/ie you are running, and what not. At this time none of these seem general enough to add to the installer directly -- you can do pretty much all of this just by looking at (and attempting to write to) the registry. If people want, I will make an official NSIS page with example functions to do these things. Send your contributions to email@example.com. :)
P.S. The NSIS page on nullsoft.com will now be no more than 24 hours behind the firehose.net address. Thanks, Tom. :)
P.P.S. Check out http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/
.. Guess what Sun uses to distribute their Java distribution system?