Winamp Realaudio plugins require Realplayer to be installed, I know that, there has been a lot of discussion about this here. Well, I think Realplayer is a bloated software which puts way too much entries in the registry and I hate those types of softwares.
I found a way to keep the minimal components required in order to hear Realaudio content in winamp. (tested innover's and Tara's plugins, on Winamp 2.76, Win98SE, Realplayer 7 &8). Tara's plugin even allows playback of realvideo.
Here is what you must do :
1- Install Realplayer (I suggest a registry backup before, if you want to avoid the hundreds of registry entries it puts in your registry when only 3 are needed
2- Backup those 3 folders :
c:\program files\common files\real\common
c:\program files\common files\real\plugins
c:\program files\common files\real\codecs
* almost forgot, also backup the pncrt.dll file located in c:\windows\system *
3. Uninstall Realplayer and restore your registry if you did a backup as suggested in #1
4. Copy the 3 folders you backed up to their original locations, and pncrt.dll file to c:\windows\system
5. Paste the text below in notepad and save as a .reg file
@="C:\\Program Files\\Common files\\Real\\Plugins\\"
@="C:\\Program Files\\Common files\\Real\\Codecs\\"
@="C:\\Program Files\\Common files\\Real\\Common\\"
6. Click on the .reg file you just saved.
7. Enjoy, of course you must have one of the winamp realplayer plugins.