Old 8th December 2001, 03:16   #1
dj_rigo

How do u imagine future?

i'm talking about 20 years and beyond (when mp3 software do not exist )

i imagine people in hundreds of years in future as open and very smart people that have unlocked paranormal senses as telepathy, telekinesys(i dunno how to say that in english) and teleport !!!
well, i think the human race will be capable of that thanks to biochips implanted in people's brains designed to unlock us.

but with that fantasy i have, i have fear of what defective or maybe virus infected (hopefully outlook won't exist, either ms)would do, they would destroy people causing them totally extreme pain because all their senses would be altered, they would burn from the soul

i rather think that people will live happily in a non superficial society, a real global society, where everybody is linked from the soul, where we all live nude, where we need no money.

after some time using the biochips, we would realise that we don't really need them, that we only need ourselves...

ahh.!

i don't suck, right?
dj_rigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 03:24   #2
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
I imagine we will eventually have to DE-volve in order to survive. Emotions really have NO use in the survival of a species that I can see. Eventually those who are so troubled by them will simply destroy themselves, leaving only the uncaring and numb continuing to exist. It's a part of evolution - they're simply more fit to survive & reprocude.

?
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 03:44   #3
dj_rigo

good point, red.

but my point is that people would realise that originality is the real evolution, that with technology and using clothes and using only our feet to move is the real de-evolution. we would really know how to manage our feelings, without hate. we would only be only a step from perfection, when we become everything and nothing, past and future, infinite.

i don't suck, right?
Old 8th December 2001, 04:05   #4
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
I read in interesting Arthur C Clark book awhile back (cant remember title) imagining a world where someone develops a miniature controllable wormhole- microscopic in size. It was Just large enough to send a camera lense through- so basical you could spy on anyone, anywhere, even in the past. Eventually most people on earth own the device, and it alters society to such an extent that everyone stops wearing clothes and people have sex regularly in public areas anywhere they want. The reasoning of course being that since you can be spied on and are probably ARE being spied on by SOMEbody it doesn't matter what you do- there being no line between public and private.

The destruction of privacy; that is a terrifying thought. Good book though

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 05:34   #5
rm'
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDVsion
Emotions really have NO use in the survival of a species that I can see.
I see several, namely, the ability to maintain an interest in not only the survival of ourselves, but that of society as a whole. I'm thoroughly convinced that this ability has allowed us to surpass all other creatures, and has placed us at the top of the chain of being. All other animals are completely selfish... all their actions aim for one thing. The preservation of their own selves, whether it be survival against attack, or protection of offspring. Humans, on the otherhand, because of emotional thought, have the capability to accomplish altruistic goals.

As for the future, I can't predict that. There are just too many factors involved. And seeing as how human progress is accelerating (developing nations have accomplished in 30 years what it took the industrialized West about 100), any predictions will be entirely inaccurate.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 06:32   #6
Nofx Guy
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nofx Guy
i believe that we will evolve to a certain point where our knowledge about technology is capable of creating a superhuman society and we will eventually destroy ourselves...

www.audioflo.ath.cx
All music, All the Time
Nofx Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 15:17   #7
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

"I'll be back"
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 15:52   #8
Huehuetenango
Forum King

i don't really care what the future brings so long as it isn't death

and we get to mars
i want humanity to go to space, not remained confined to this one planet until we ruin it and everyone dies.
Huehuetenango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 16:05   #9
bluetape2k1
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to bluetape2k1
I'm hoping everyone will be nude, not bilbo ofcourse thats enought to scare anyone :P

be like the net :P
bluetape2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 16:15   #10
AcEDelmarK

Send a message via AIM to AcEDelmarK
I believe

I believe we will all be destroyed by a factor called "MAD" (Mutually Assured Destruction) Its where if you send a bomb at us we send one back. The basic principal is normally applied to Nuclear Missles. Say Russia was to send a nuke at us we'd send on back. (That was an example). Well I believe that eventually we will get into a WW3 and someone will send a nuclear bomb at someone who has nuclear capibility and they send one at them causing two 42 foot deep craters miles wide and a possible Nuclear Winter. (Nuclear Winter = Dust from the explosion goes into the sky and stops sunlight from reaching us and freezing everything). This nuclear winter could posibly destroy us. The nuclear winter is only a theory though, nothing has been proved that it would happen. But chances are we'll kill ourselves and send off several lucky survivors like in "The Green Book" and K.A. Applegates series (i forget the name but its still coming out). Both books are kids books but have meanings. Oh well, I hope that doesnt happen.
AcEDelmarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 16:24   #11
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Send a message via AIM to DJ ROACH
Quote:
Originally posted by Radioactive Man

All other animals are completely selfish... all their actions aim for one thing. The preservation of their own selves, whether it be survival against attack, or protection of offspring. Humans, on the otherhand, because of emotional thought, have the capability to accomplish altruistic goals.
this means bill gates and microsoft are not human!
DJ ROACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 19:48   #12
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ ROACH
this means bill gates and microsoft are not human!
And your new point is...?
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2001, 20:23   #13
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
we are all going to die!

We (ie the human-race) are all gona die eventualy because lets face it as soon as the sun runs out of hidrogen to burn (fuse by nuclear fusion) it will swhich to heleum (wich is not spelt correctly (it's not that I carnt be bothered I actualy am Dislexic (is that how it's spelt?))) wich will cause it to swell into a red GIANT wich will gradualy engulf Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars. so were doomed anyway.

OH by the way a couple in the US have allready had there chips put in ready for upgrades in the future, scary thought, what if Microsoft joined this band-wagon we would all end up using Windows on our brains I hope they iron the bug's out first
"So I said she could do whatever (static) warning Explorer has caused a unknown error in unknown press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart"
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 00:49   #14
me109cito

i think we have mp19 winroboamp 12.0 and still runing Windows YQ

BTW: sonique its still in development........

estos foros estan llenos de geeks!!!
no dejes que te atrapen
me109cito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 05:07   #15
SNYder
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by me109cito
BTW: sonique its still in development........
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
SNYder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 05:12   #16
NuLoser

Living under Microsoft Government.net

The RIAA Police controls all audio transmissions. Humming, whistling, or singing in public gets you life in jail for copyright infringement. Music CDs play only once then exploding and destroying everything within a one-mile radius to prevent illegal coping.
Old 9th December 2001, 05:33   #17
liquidmotion
Smokes Two Joints
Beta Team

Send a message via ICQ to liquidmotion
i think robots will exist, and robots will control the robots, and the lord of the rings will be real, except the ring will be a high capacity disc (cd=ring) that must be destroyed because it contains something that could take over the world: the newest version of Windows!

cya

For a good time: shup | stashbox | my homepage
liquidmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 10:23   #18
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by NuLoser
The RIAA Police controls all audio transmissions. Humming, whistling, or singing in public gets you life in jail for copyright infringement. Music CDs play only once then exploding and destroying everything within a one-mile radius to prevent illegal coping.
A little extreme, but honestly, I think our society as a whole will eventually reach the point where personal interests are completely ignored in favor of business. Our society will slowly leech rights away from everyone, and give them to the government, and to businesses.

Eventually, I believe that this will happen. It will go way too far, impede too many rights. Then, I believe we will see the type of revolution unwitnessed since the days of violent monarchy overthrows. I don't know if this revolution will come as a result of a horrible war, or if society will fall into full anarchy before rebuilding, but I believe everything will somehow fall apart eventually.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 19:48   #19
Kevin
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
The society of the future consists merely of brains.

One by one, all lined up in a NOC-like server room, all networked to each other. Instead of talking to communicate ideas, they will be transmitted easily. Brain Centers would also be hooked to each other, creating a type of 'Internet.'

You will have no body.

Your life will be lived through your brain (think about it, when you dream you are not using your body...)

Your brain will be hooked up to a machine (remember the server room?) that keeps it 'alive.'

And then, someone will emulate the brain perfectly. Suddenly, brains aren't needed anymore...

What? Don't beleive me? How much of your body are you using right now? 30%? And thats just for typing and keeping your brain alive.

Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2001, 20:00   #20
Vie
Forum King

Nuh-huh

I am doing Yoga (very badly) as well as typing
Old 9th December 2001, 21:46   #21
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally posted by NuLoser

Capitalism Sucks
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2001, 03:08   #22
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Re: I believe

Quote:
Originally posted by AcEDelmarK
I believe we will all be destroyed by a factor called "MAD"
It's MAD that keeps us from being destroyed

(Bilbo: Quiet, you in the Peanut Gallery )

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Old 10th December 2001, 19:04   #23
Vie
Forum King

You Just knowticed?

bilbo all forms of coprative society suck after a time they colapse or de-grade, just think of them as windows 98 crash and burn edition.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award
Vie's Scratching Post
Old 12th December 2001, 17:30   #24
dj_rigo

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin
The society of the future consists merely of brains.

One by one, all lined up in a NOC-like server room, all networked to each other. Instead of talking to communicate ideas, they will be transmitted easily. Brain Centers would also be hooked to each other, creating a type of 'Internet.'

You will have no body.

Your life will be lived through your brain (think about it, when you dream you are not using your body...)

Your brain will be hooked up to a machine (remember the server room?) that keeps it 'alive.'

And then, someone will emulate the brain perfectly. Suddenly, brains aren't needed anymore...

What? Don't beleive me? How much of your body are you using right now? 30%? And thats just for typing and keeping your brain alive.
will be like crank, nude brains.

how do brains have sex? ew.

i don't suck, right?
Old 14th December 2001, 09:35   #25
and1k

Quote:
Originally posted by Radioactive Man
As for the future, I can't predict that. There are just too many factors involved. And seeing as how human progress is accelerating (developing nations have accomplished in 30 years what it took the industrialized West about 100), any predictions will be entirely inaccurate.
I predict that all predictions will be entirely inaccurate. (except this one...)

and1k

I would thank you kindly not to sniff my chicken
and1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 10:39   #26
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Quote:
Originally posted by dj_rigo
how do brains have sex? ew.
"squishy - squishy"

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

Old 14th December 2001, 11:56   #27
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

That makes no sense at all but for some reason its very very funny
Old 14th December 2001, 13:47   #28
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
I can see my computer in 20 years....

AMD k10 Athlon XP @ 72 Ghz
128 GB PC4800 TDR dram
20 TB ATA 900 SIDE Hard Drive 30000 RPM
Nvidia Nforce3 Ultra 16x AGP 1024 MB TDR dram with 1 ghz RAMDAC
21 inch flat panel HDTFT screen
100x/56x/300x CDRW
24x DVDRW
SoundBlaster Audigy THX Xgamer 7.1
1 GBps UltraDSL connection
and Winamp 3

Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 13:51   #29
jns
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizznatch
[schnip]
and Winamp 3

You'd still be using WA3 in 20 years?
C'mon now, by then WA28 or something will be out.

jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 15:19   #30
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bizznatch

AMD k10 Athlon XP @ 72 Ghz
128 GB PC4800 TDR dram
20 TB ATA 900 SIDE Hard Drive 30000 RPM
Nvidia Nforce3 Ultra 16x AGP 1024 MB TDR dram with 1 ghz RAMDAC
21 inch flat panel HDTFT screen
100x/56x/300x CDRW
24x DVDRW
SoundBlaster Audigy THX Xgamer 7.1
1 GBps UltraDSL connection
and Winamp 3

I think some of those components are going to be out of date in 20 years. 72ghz is going to be old if we continue speed increases at the current rate.

I think you are being optimistic about WA3. They'll only be on beta 5 by then.

Old 14th December 2001, 20:07   #31
DJ ROACH
Chick God
[Major Dude]

Send a message via AIM to DJ ROACH
you forgot a 10ghz bus speed
DJ ROACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2001, 20:12   #32
mr_sax
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mr_sax
i think of the future as being a place where computers are no more. computers are just built into your brain at birth, and then you're given cordless access to the internet through your mind. then you can logon and it charges money

then again, things will be way more expensive then. i bet that in the future all that it will be is a bunch of people with credit cards. and you will just run up a huge debt and end up paying it off for the rest of your life.

sad? i think so

mr_sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2001, 17:03   #33
Vie
Forum King

I thought this post died days ago!

Ps Mr.sax Yes it is sad and true.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award
Vie's Scratching Post
Old 15th December 2001, 20:17   #34
rm'
Banned

You folks are putting waaaayyyy too much importance on computers. It's just another technology that once something better is invented, will serve out it's usefulness. Like the telegraph.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions