Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS

Old 18th January 2002, 09:45   #1
jgerrish

Send a message via ICQ to jgerrish Send a message via AIM to jgerrish Send a message via Yahoo to jgerrish
AVS plug-ins for all y'all. webcam.. slideshow.. alife

I've got a few projects that extend AVS.

pr0n for AVS is an APE render plug-in that takes input from a web-cam. Great for live shows or parties.

alifeavs is a pack of plug-ins w/ aritificial life algorithms. There's flame, flocking, Conway's game of life, and a fucking sweet IFS plug-in, based on code from Massimino Pascal.

slideshow (no name yet), is a slideshow render APE that allows you to use JPEGs, GIFs, PNGs, and BMPs in AVS. I also hacked together support for loading Adobe Premiere Transitions.

Anyways, the slideshow plug-in is too big to upload to the forums, but it's available on my web page:

http://www.itsdarkhere.com/~josh/code/

So, if anyone gets a chance to try them out, ideas for improvements or bug fixes are welcome. Or presets... the ones I packaged with them suck ass.

Joshua Gerrish
Attached Files
File Type: zip alifeavs107.zip (33.8 KB, 281 views)
jgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2002, 09:48   #2
jgerrish

Send a message via ICQ to jgerrish Send a message via AIM to jgerrish Send a message via Yahoo to jgerrish
here's pr0n for AVS. Sorry 'bout the path in the last zip file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pfavs103.zip (34.9 KB, 276 views)
jgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2002, 12:38   #3
geozop

Send a message via ICQ to geozop Send a message via AIM to geozop Send a message via Yahoo to geozop
whoa

I'd like to say that's a great idea you cooked up and succeeded in accomplishing.

Though, it doesn't seem to be effected by the set render mode object, so can you add in an option to set how the cam is supposed to render?

This may be just a bug for my system, but if I remove the ape from the effect list, but then add it again, it does not work at all. Fortunately, restarting AVS or winamp sets the problem right, even if the "broken" ape is in the list.
geozop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS