Compression/Effects for Dynamic Music
I hope someone can help me...
Like many shoutcasters, I have mp3s that, even though their normalized, still come through at different volume levels.
The music I play is quite dynamic - akin to classical music. I've tried things like Tom Steady, and although it work for about 60% of my songs, it butchers the other 40% that have quiet parts next to loud parts, and sharp dynamics throughout the song. I've tried a few different settings inside Tom Steady to no avail.
I was wondering if someone who ran a classical station, or has similar dynamic music, could recommend a program/setting that works with this type of music. I'm also interested in any EQ programs that might offer a little compression or sweetening, but the main thing is making song to song levels consistent.