Old 27th March 2002, 09:03   #1
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
RM-X: New Random Stuff

OK, yes, i know.... no updates on the component in over a month. OH WELL!! ive been busy on another project..

bat alas, HERE IT IS! Rm-X Beta 0.5.0.. Total re-working of the API-KB sub-system. Should work great with most multimedia keyboards (such as the the tested M$ Natural Keyboard-Pro)

You want the files to download, eh?
www.darkain.8m.com contains the latest RM-X.

I may just release a quick revision to it sometime later this week tho with some other ideas I have had for new features.

If there is any new "random thing" of some wort you all would like ta see in this little thangy... LET ME KNOW!! I like new ideas (well, most of the time i du... just dont disturb me during my ramen break)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 28th March 2002, 03:35   #2
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
you've done it again! still doesnt work with my game pad axis but I
think that's because interact hasn't released XP drivers for it yet.
Oh well works with my HP keyboard for the multimedia keys. w00t w00t!
Old 28th March 2002, 04:52   #3
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
yup yup! multimedia keys work great now! and as for random gamepads not working... well... The current gamepad code is kinda horrid. As of tunite, I started to re-code the entire thing from scratch again, and have been making it loads better! hows about increasing button support from 16 to 32? MWA HA HA! evel, no? Many other things I am working on it too.

As a note for some multimedia keyboards, I haxd it a little bit more tunite and added support for a few more buttons that I knew i forgot... the new version with all this new stuff should be out sometime within the next few days as I finish up the few things I am currently working on.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 28th March 2002, 19:31   #4
Darkain
Major Dude

oh yea... and i forgot to mention....

those of you with multi-media keyboards, when you try to configure the extra keys, sometiles they may show up as something like "Other [A5]" or somethin like that. I would like to get a listing from other keyboards of what that 2 characters in the brackets are and what they corrispond to on the kyeboard.

once i get a good listing i will change the text within the component to reflect the real key names.

thanx!!

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 29th March 2002, 00:25   #5
Flynnz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flynnz Send a message via AIM to Flynnz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnz
I'd still really like to know how to get this to work properly with my RM-900 & Audigy Platinum. I have yet to figure out exactly what it is I need to do.. just after playing around (?) for minutes/hours/days it eventually works all of a sudden. (And then works fine until RemoteCenter is closed/restarted.

*sigh*
Old 29th March 2002, 06:54   #6
Darkain
Major Dude

Well, remote center must be active for the RM-900 to function correctly. Once this is taken care of, open up the RM-X window and click that lil ol config button. In the RM-900 section, make sure that all of your buttons are configured and set correctly.

The original RM-900 plug-in for WA2 already had every button on the remote pre-mapped to functions, but with the custumizations in RM-X, I now allow you to make your own custom button mapping. Because of this, I leave the default button mapping fairly blank.

With all of this done, RM-X should just work! thaz it. ASLO! make sure that you didnt "DISABLE" RM-X or RM-900. Cause after all, these are options too.

If there is still a problem, then look at the lil status bar within RM-X and RM-900 pages on the component, they will tell you what exactly the problem is.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 29th March 2002, 06:58   #7
Darkain
Major Dude

oh yea... and a note to everyone...

I TOTALLY FORKED UP Version 0.5.0!! only the WinAmp 3 version tho. So now there is a V 0.5.1 on my web site. This should fix all issues with "play" and random other functions not working.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 29th March 2002, 14:22   #8
Flynnz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flynnz Send a message via AIM to Flynnz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnz
Quote:
Originally posted by pokefreak325
Well, remote center must be active for the RM-900 to function correctly. Once this is taken care of, open up the RM-X window and click that lil ol config button. In the RM-900 section, make sure that all of your buttons are configured and set correctly.

The original RM-900 plug-in for WA2 already had every button on the remote pre-mapped to functions, but with the custumizations in RM-X, I now allow you to make your own custom button mapping. Because of this, I leave the default button mapping fairly blank.

With all of this done, RM-X should just work! thaz it. ASLO! make sure that you didnt "DISABLE" RM-X or RM-900. Cause after all, these are options too.

If there is still a problem, then look at the lil status bar within RM-X and RM-900 pages on the component, they will tell you what exactly the problem is.
Thanks for trying, but I'm not that stupid. It still doesn't work.
Old 29th March 2002, 19:25   #9
Darkain
Major Dude

did you even check the component status of both RM-X and RM-900? as I stated before, thatll tell u the exact problem, and if you could post that here, that would be very helpful in finding the problems.

Also, what version of remotecenter is it? I personally donot have an Audigy and therefor dont have the EXACT same software. The Live! was programmed differently.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 29th March 2002, 21:45   #10
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8100 (laptop) and it's got four multimedia keys and a pair of (appearently hard-coded) volume keys. Your software picks up the VOL_UP/DOWN codes correctly, but scans FF for all four of the multimedia keys. If I set a command for one of them, pressing any will then execute it.

Let me know what other information you need:
XP Home ed., 512MB Ram, Winamp3b3, up-to-date drivers and windowsupdate.

I disabled the built-in multimedia-key software, as it was pretty lousy anyway.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 29th March 2002, 22:00   #11
Darkain
Major Dude

hmmm... If they are all showing up as scan code [FF], then i am not too sure what the problem would be... because obvoiusly each key should have its own unique scan code. hmm... i got no ideas on this one.

you might just want to re-enable your multimedia button software and see if thatll let RM-X pick up the keys correctly. For my natural keyboard, I didnt need to do this, but it may be hardware specific (as different companies du things differantaly).

This could also be related to another problem I encounter this past week with my plug-in... sometimes specific key combinations dont always work correctly, as your keys may be set up to send "[FF] + [SHIFT]" and other various combinations such as that. I am still working on supporting these better.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 29th March 2002, 22:09   #12
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Re-enabling didn't help, but I can assign a Shift-FF (or whatever) code to a button and use either on any of the buttons, so the modifiers are working.

I'll see if I can't dig up any reference on this...but I've hit roadblocks with this computer before.

-=Gonzotek=-

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 30th March 2002, 02:33   #13
Flynnz
Major Dude

Creative RemoteCenter Version 1.30.27

If by "status" you mean the part that says "RM ... CONTROL IS CURRENTLY ENABLED" then uhh.. yeah--that doesn't help at all.

When it works, it works great. Until I have to restart my computer, and therefore RemoteCenter, that is. After which point it's a pain in the ass to get working again. (I haven't gotten it to work yet since I upgraded.. I would say I'm quite experienced with computers, and with solving problems; I haven't however, been able to figure out what it is that I've done the few times I have gotten it working. VERY weird.)
Old 30th March 2002, 06:23   #14
Darkain
Major Dude

well... i know that creative doesnt seem to like people messing with there RemoteCenter, and therefor probably found yet another way to disable my plug-in from working. I am currently running RemoteCenter 1.22 and it works perfectly. If I could find a copy of RemoteCenter that was actually current, then maybe I could find the prob. But from what I can tell, Creative doesnt want to update the softwarez for the SB-Live!

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 30th March 2002, 16:26   #15
Flynnz
Major Dude

Well DAMN.

So, all you do is make sure RemoteCenter is running, and install the WAC/plugin (and configure of course) and BAM--immediately it works?

*sigh*
Wish that was the case for me. Darn.
Old 30th March 2002, 19:09   #16
Darkain
Major Dude

well... ummm... my remotecenter is a bit older than yours, and creative HAS been trying to stop my plug-ins as well as other peoples plug-ins from working. so, i am guessing they made another version of RC that finds some other way to disable them.

if you could e-mail the following files to pkfk@hotmail.com then maybe i could work on yet another hack for the new remotecenters.

[RemoteCenter Folder]\Rc\RCMan.CFG
[RemoteCenter Folder]\Rc\KeyMap\Default.KEY
[RemoteCenter Folder]\Rc\KeyMap\CRemoteCenter.Key

hopefully with this info i can get it all workin good again.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 30th March 2002, 19:25   #17
Flynnz
Major Dude

NOW you're talking.

Here's the files. (Lemme know if you want me to email 'em also...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip rcstuff (v1.30.27).zip (3.2 KB, 554 views)
Old 30th March 2002, 19:43   #18
Darkain
Major Dude

nah, no need for e-mail. i got the files and am going to start haxing them right now!

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 30th March 2002, 20:14   #19
Darkain
Major Dude

Ok, i think i got this thing figured out. Im not too sure how it happened, but your rcman.cfg became corrupted. I moded the file a bit a fixed up the holes in it. Im thinking about adding in a little thingy into RM-X now thatll let u just re-build all of the CFG files on the fly. That would make it a bit easier to fix most problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rcman.zip (1.7 KB, 523 views)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 31st March 2002, 05:50   #20
Darkain
Major Dude

OK! i fixed the remotecenter cfg file currpotion problem in the code. It should work a bit better now.

Also! I am fixing up the little problem with specific key combinations with the keyboard.

I should have this minor revision uploaded later tonight, but because i am in a lazy mood right now, I wont be updating the WinAmp2 version of this component. heh, oh well!

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 1st April 2002, 03:53   #21
Flynnz
Major Dude

COOL

Er.. maybe. Okay.. Let's see if I understood correctly.

You're saying that somehow your plugin/wac corrupted my rcman.cfg in such a way that the only noticable problem is getting your plugin/wac to start working? (Note: as you'll see if you search for my original post about this in one of your first threads, the problem's been present since the beginning.) And that you've fixed the problem in your code?

But uh.. I'm confused.
Was me replacing my rcman.cfg with the one you fixed supposed to solve the problem..? (It didn't.)

Hmmm.. Yeah well--really cool that you're listening and trying to figure out the problem. Mad props senyor!
Old 1st April 2002, 05:40   #22
Darkain
Major Dude

well DAMN!! if that didnt fix it then i dont know what will... other than the corrupt config file, i see nothing else wrong with the setup..

if RM-X sez its enabled and RM-900 sez its enabled, then everything should be perfect!! bah.. hmmmmmm....

If there was some sort of way you could send me your RemoteCenter install, as I cannot find a copy of RC 1.30 anywhere on the web, then i might be able to do something with it. until then, i really just dont know. it SHOULD be working just fine. my current guess is that creative once again did disable the way my plug-in works, in which case i will have to find more haxin stuff. ugh, oh well!

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 1st April 2002, 06:19   #23
Flynnz
Major Dude

Keep in mind though, that if they did (which I doubt), they didn't do it completely, because it DOES work sometimes...

As for zeh issue: I dunno if it would work but I could give you what's on the CD in the Remote directory (5.74 mb).
Old 1st April 2002, 06:44   #24
Darkain
Major Dude

yea, thaz exactly what i need. i would greaty apreciat it. are you also just gonna post that here in the thread, or just e-mail it to me? (because thats too big for any of my current e-mail accounts)

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 1st April 2002, 07:08   #25
Flynnz
Major Dude

I'll pm you something.. will explain.

Last edited by Flynnz; 1st April 2002 at 07:54.
Old 1st April 2002, 10:07   #26
Darkain
Major Dude

time for some good new bad news!!

good news! the download worked.
bad news, it doesnt come with the install EXE file
good news, i haxed up the install file myself from a dif app
bad news, after install, it doesnt appear to work with sb-live

good news... now that i have it tho, i cna tweek with the software more freely. it is still letting me access stuff, altho the remote doesnt work correctly. i am already noticing things that i need to change within RM-X because of creatives constant changing of their RemoteCenter config files. (funny how they only change the sections that i tweek with)

so until next time! im off working on this darn problem.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 1st April 2002, 10:11   #27
Darkain
Major Dude

WELL DAMN! it turns out that the new RemoteCenter works PERFECTLY with the SB-Live!... and that the problem is that just some random fool around my house stole the batteries out of my darn remote.

now that this is all fixed up, its back to work on re-configuring RemoteCenter 1.30

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 1st April 2002, 17:31   #28
Flynnz
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by pokefreak325
the problem is that just some random fool around my house stole the batteries out of my darn remote.
LMAO!!

Glad to see ya got it.
Good luck, and may the force be with you.
Old 1st April 2002, 21:15   #29
Darkain
Major Dude

ok, go ahead and try out the new RM-X on my web site (darkain.8m.com).. ive tested it with RemoteCenter 1.30 and it seems to work perfectly for me.

and once again, i would like ot blame Creative for completly changing the way that i must hax their softwarez. but heh... its alot easier to do now than the first time i tried it about a year ago.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 2nd April 2002, 03:17   #30
QHOBBES
Banned

Send a message via AIM to QHOBBES Send a message via Yahoo to QHOBBES
this works with #470 despite what the page says
Old 2nd April 2002, 05:49   #31
Flynnz
Major Dude

Thumbs up HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!

YOU DID IT!!
It works immediately now!

Awesome job--you are THE man!
Old 2nd April 2002, 07:40   #32
Darkain
Major Dude

Quote:
YOU DID IT!!
well, im glad it worked. any other tweeks u think should be made?

Quote:
this works with #470 despite what the page says
#470? what exactly is this? and what page are you refering to?

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 2nd April 2002, 23:17   #33
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!!

pokefreak.....

its horrible!

i downloaded your latest version (0.5.3)
and installed it on beta3 of winamp3

it just crashes saying it did an illegal operation.
in desperate here!!!!!!!!

btw: jarsonic might have meant the build of winamp3
Old 2nd April 2002, 23:59   #34
Darkain
Major Dude

well, the crashing problem... hmmm...
only crashing problem i know of is related to Win9X. RM-X only works on NT operating systems currently.

as for the number stuff, yea, i figured out it was the build after i read stuff in the forums

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 3rd April 2002, 04:38   #35
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

[foolish cry] you are so cruel, evil, i hate you [/foolish cry]

ok thanks pokefreak, i just thought it had something to do
with winamp beta3..... now i can be calm!

just be sure to fix it soonish (whooo i like that word tweaking )

laters!
Old 3rd April 2002, 04:54   #36
Darkain
Major Dude

I would like to do somethin like make it work for Win9X, only prob is is that half the component as it is now requires WinNT for its levels of access to hardware. I have been considering re-writing everything for DirectX to get this same effect, but I believe that DX may be missing a thing or two here and there that i need for this component to function correctly.

hopefully with the past few revisions i made, switching everything over to DirectX will work.

oh yea... and for you linux peeps... i thought i would just say this. there will prob never be anything but a Win32 version of RM-X. oh well.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 3rd April 2002, 23:58   #37
Darkain
Major Dude

YO! just gone done uploading yet another RM-X release. now Version 0.5.4 is out. Nothing too spiffy in this release tho. Bout the only real thing I changed was support for the iR-2000 remote. oh yea, BTW: i now have support for the iR-2000 remote that creative makes. It is part of a motherboard/case combo with built in wanna-be sb-live platinum. It comes with this little weird lookin remote.

RM-900 plug-in for WA2 is now officially 1 year old now. heh... sure is different now.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 4th April 2002, 08:36   #38
Paparazzi

How about the iNFRA 54oo Remote that uses the infra manager / disk detective? Will we have the good luck to get that working with WA3 as well?

Pokefreak, U wrote sometime back that U did not have the iNFRA 54oo CD-rom and hence could not work on it. Would it be possible to work on it and take feed back from me?

Will greatly appreciate help.
Old 4th April 2002, 17:46   #39
Darkain
Major Dude

hey, no prob! im willing to work on anything right now thatll help u guys out.

If there is some way that you could possibly send me the install program? that is usually the first step in gettin new stuff to working.

BTW: The RM-900 component is going to be re-named soon, as it will be supporting several other remotes. I am open to suggestious!
we currently have "IR-MAX" and "IR-ALL". Others would be nice.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
Old 4th April 2002, 21:27   #40
qwertyuiop

how about making the winkey a modifier (like the alt, shift, ctrl), that would be a lifesaver for me

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Wasabi Development