Old 26th May 2002, 02:51   #1
adino

Send a message via ICQ to adino Send a message via AIM to adino Send a message via Yahoo to adino
How do I use mic and stream music?

It is possible that this is a stupid question. I have read previous posts and so far I haven't found the answer. I have a SB Live! card that has my mixers set up in this manner:

Picture included.

Now the way it is set up. If I have microphone selected in "recording" the music is taken from the mic and played in the shoutcast. I can still use the mic vocally as well. Problem is of course, everything in the room will be heard and the sound quality on the music sucks.

If I use the wav option in "recording" the music is clear, but nothing will be taken by the microphone, ever. My dilemma is I cannot select both wav and mic at the same time in "recording".

Any ideas? I am using Windows XP Pro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mixers.jpg (55.7 KB, 877 views)
adino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2002, 06:41   #2
Tom

In the Record Control go to: Options > Properties > Show following volume controls > Check "What U Hear"
Then select "What U Hear" in the Record Control and everything should be fine.

Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2002, 13:21   #3
adino

Send a message via ICQ to adino Send a message via AIM to adino Send a message via Yahoo to adino
Well it wasn't called "What U Here", so it was kinda confusing, so I picked "Record Master." Stupid Creative....

And it worked. Thank you very much Master Jedi Tom
adino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2002, 20:33   #4
Tom

Yeah leave it to Creative.... I have a SB Live! and on W2K it is What U Hear so I assumed it was the same on XP but I guess I was wrong. Glad to hear you got it worked out though.

Tom
Old 7th June 2002, 01:47   #5
dj2k2

that aint working!

i dont have your "what you hear"! heres a print:
dj2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2002, 01:49   #6
dj2k2

dont have that

I don't have that "What you hear"! Is there any other way? I also have windows xp Pro. can't use the the "press to talk" or "lock" button like sayed earlier please help. thanks
Old 7th June 2002, 02:38   #7
Tom

The name on it varies (i.e. System Mixer, Stereo Mixer, etc.). See: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=86076 for more details.

Tom
Old 7th June 2002, 11:49   #8
dj2k2

what i have

heres the list of things i can check to use:
Mono Mix, Stereo Mix, Aux, TV Tuner Audio, CD Player, Line in, Microphone and Phone Line.

I know that I should be using the Stereo Mix but again, same problem, when I press "Press to talk" or "lock" no reaction. It's like my microphone isnt even plugged! Again the first guy in this thread had the same problem i am using windows xp pro.

Thanks, Peter
Old 7th June 2002, 19:06   #9
Tom

Post screen shots of both of your mixers? You are in the Record Control right?

Tom
Old 7th June 2002, 22:45   #10
dj2k2

problem solved

problem solved in my volume control, my microphone was not selected so i couldn'd see the settings and it was "muted" now everything works

thanks!
Old 8th June 2002, 03:48   #11
Akiboshi

I posted this message in the Shoutcast Discussions board but it seems this thread is a bit more recent than that one so I would like some help from you guys if possible.

Quote:
I'm having trouble mixing the music with the voice on my computer.

I have a USB Microphone and it's listed as "USB Audio Device" in my Audio Properties > Audio Tab > Recording Devices. Since my microphone isn't connected to my sound card in any way I can't select "SB Live! Wave Device" under the recording devices and use the microphone at the same time. The problem is that the Mixer device for the "USB Audio Device" only has 1 voluem setting, Wave In.

I've checked the Options > Properties to see if there were some unchecked settings but found nothing.

Without the other settings all people hear when I use my microphone is my voice and no music at all. Any suggestions? or perhaps there is a way to mix your voice with the music within Winamp using a plugin? Thanks.
I have included a picture of my USB mixer. The one with 1 volume bar is the USB Audio device. As you can see the input levels for the shoutcast plugin is at around -70db (more or less silent) and no sound is going through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settings.jpg (49.2 KB, 371 views)
Akiboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2002, 03:57   #12
Tom

For Recording set that to SB Live!. As for you Playback this is where you will have the problems. You need to be able to both play music, and speak through the microphone and hear it come out of your speakers. Play with the settings (might need to uncheck Use preferred device). Can't really give you step by step instructions since this is not something I can dealt with in the past. But in the end you want the Recording Mixer to be setup so it "records" everything that is coming out of your speakers (usually "What U Hear" for SB Live cards) which will be music and voice and this will be sent to the DSP and broadcast.

Tom
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support