Old 27th January 2003, 17:22   #1
EltonMohito

Send a message via AIM to EltonMohito
Streaming with NULL Output

I am running Winamp 2.81 and sending out an .mp3 stream. I have the output set to NULL output (so I can use the sound card to listen into the show and to other .mp3's on my PC)

This seams to work fine but I would like to take advantage of cross fading and volume normalization tools like SqrSoft and Tom Steady for my outbound stream.

Are there any tools/techniques I can use to apply cross fading and volume normalization to my show and still be able to use the NULL Output setting in Winamp.

Thanks!

Chris
EltonMohito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2003, 21:17   #2
Jay
Moderator Alumni

well you can use a dsp stacker to introduce sound modifying plugins into the stream, however there exists no way of crossfading without utilizing the soundcard.

One method that might work is if you have the sqrsft crossfader version 1.75 installed and working properly you can use the internal volume feature, which will allow you to turn down the volume of the output rather then the whole WAV out fader, this will allow you to use other sound applications at the same time while not hearing the source winamp.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 01:49   #3
Vchat20
Major Dude

I personally use the Directsound output plugin when I broadcast. it has Crossafding built in and works very well IMO. but still, you need to use soundcard when broadcasting.
Vchat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 04:03   #4
EltonMohito

Broadcasting using NULL Output

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the 1.75 version of SqrSoft and it did low the volume but you could still hear it. It was worth a try though.

I ended up just going with Null output and also using a stacker for the DSP/Effects so I can load up Tom Steady for some volume normalization.

The reason I am trying to do this is so I can broadcast my stream and also listen to other streams and local .mp3's from the same machine.

Cheers - Chris
Old 28th January 2003, 04:11   #5
Jay
Moderator Alumni

hmmm and you turned the source winamp all the way down after you set the options above?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2003, 14:20   #6
EltonMohito

Broadcasting with NULL Output

I hope I was doing it right. I clicked on the "internal volume" box and when I ran the stream I could still hear it. Did I miss something?

Chris
Go Back   Winamp Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support