Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 31st December 2003, 23:07   #1
masterstanf2k

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard (PLAY AND STOP) buttons NOT working with WINAMP :(

Hey guys, I have a problem. I have a "Microsoft Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A" and it has the buttons to play/pause, stop, increase volume, decrease volume, next song, previous song. Anyway, when I press the PLAY/PAUSE button, the song in winamp doesn't doesn't pause, it keeps going. Basically, none of the button functions I mentioned work with winamp. What should I do to make them work? Before I upgraded the device, it worked, I don't remember what I did.... can anyone help?
masterstanf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2004, 00:56   #2
DatAsian

I think this is a problem. Most keyboards have one button for play and pause. WinAmp's global needs one for play and one for pause. I wish WinAmp can use the first push for play and the second push for pause.
DatAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 06:22   #3
Arachne

Microsoft confirms that this is a Winamp bug

I also have a Microsoft Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard. I've used the play/pause, stop, forward, and reverse buttons successfully with Winamp 2.8 for ages. I recently upgraded to Winamp 5 and found that the buttons stopped working.

I had already contacted MS tech support regarding a different matter with this keyboard and asked them if they knew of the problem. They were able to duplicate it and confirm that it's a Winamp bug, not a Microsoft keyboard problem.

So...can I please ask the dev team to add this to the long list of things to fix in the next version? Thank you so much!
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 07:34   #4
sewer_monkey

Send a message via Yahoo to sewer_monkey
Have you set up the keyboard drivers properly? Microsoft may claim that it's a WinAmp bug, because their software usually doesn't have bugs.

Usually these fancy keyboards come with extra software that sit on top of the driver, allowing you to program all the extra keys on the keyboard. You may also have to install and configure that program to work with WinAmp. In this case I suggest some good old digging around and experimentation!
sewer_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 10:37   #5
Chris000001

If you're using Intellitype 5.0 thats the problem. You can get 2.2 from Microsoft and that will fix the problem (or at least it did for me.)
Chris000001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 20:29   #6
masterstanf2k

Ya, I have 5.0. What do I do??
Old 4th January 2004, 20:57   #7
Chris000001

I tried to search from Microsoft and couldn't find 2.2, but here's a link to another site that has it Intellitype 2.2

You'll have to uninstall 5.0 first (control panel - add or remove programs.)

I hope this helps.
Old 4th January 2004, 21:08   #8
masterstanf2k

wait, why should I downgrade??
Old 4th January 2004, 21:20   #9
Chris000001

Microsoft seems to have broken things in their upgrade (my ATI T.V. would crash if I tried to reasign keys while it was open, and Winamp wont recognize keys sometimes.)

Functionaly 2.2 seems identical to 5.0 to me, but I can't guarentee that since the last time I installed 5.0 was about 6 months ago.

If you don't like 2.2 you can always download 5.0 from Microsoft.
Old 5th January 2004, 00:23   #10
Lars_JJ

I have the same problem with the same keyboard, I just installed Intellitype 2.2 but the problem remains...
Lars_JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 00:40   #11
Chris000001

The other thing I did before I installed 2.2 was used the Logitech plug-in (even though I have a microsoft keyboard) http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=78516 , which worked for me. I un-installed it when I switched to 2.2 because even if Winamp wasn't the active app the keys worked with it AND the active app (it really wasn't that big of a deal.)

If that doesn't work I've seen people using RM-X ,but I have no experience with it.

If that doesn't work, I'm stumped.
Old 5th January 2004, 00:49   #12
Lars_JJ

Well, I'm gonna try that tomorrow, it's 2 am here, so i'm going to my stack-o-pillows
Old 5th January 2004, 00:52   #13
Lars_JJ

Couldn't resist, so I installed the plug-in, and it works like a charme. Thnx mate!
Old 5th January 2004, 00:53   #14
masterstanf2k

haha!!! That worked!!! THX A LOT!!!
Old 22nd September 2007, 03:30   #15
SuperGURU

Hey, i know this thread is a little bit old, but I have a Question.

I have the same problem as the other people here, but i found out, that when you use the classic skin, the play-button works, if you use the modern skin, it doesn't.
After you install the Logitech Plugin it works in Modern Skin but now it stopped working in classic skin. When you press play, you seem to press play and pause at the same time.
So it really seams to be a winamp modern-skin problem.

Sorry if this was already told.
Have a nice day
SuperGURU is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support